Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 17:16   #1
BHPian

Glad to be here

Hello to all my fellow members.

My name is Mohit and I am from Delhi.
It was a pleasant surprise when I received the approval mail from the support team.

I am 23 years old, working in Wipro as a Developer. The best part of working there is that I get to drive on the DND Flyway and the Greater Noida Expressway everyday in my month old Civic, which is pure bliss

Though my interests also lie in technology, music, movies and travel, automotive is still one of my primary interests'.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Take care and drive safely.
Old 16th December 2011, 18:30   #2
PhX
BHPian

Re: Glad to be here

Quote:
It was a pleasant surprise when I received the approval mail from the support team.
Just out of curiosity...why was it a pleasant surprise? Did you think you were not worthy of joining this forum?

Quote:
The best part of working there is that I get to drive on the DND Flyway and the Greater Noida Expressway everyday in my month old Civic, which is pure bliss
At age 23, if you drive a brand new Civic, you must be one of the luckier guys in the world My budget puts the Civic out of reach for me for now, but I took a test drive of a second hand (2008) Civic a few days back. Now, I've taken test drives of lots of new cars as well (Civic, Jazz, Etios Liva, etc.). Nothing I have ever driven has come close to the pleasure of a Civic. Sitting in that cockpit gave me an awesome high.

Congrats, dude, nice car

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th December 2011 at 10:00.
Old 16th December 2011, 20:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Just out of curiosity...why was it a pleasant surprise? Did you think you were not worthy of joining this forum?
I had a feeling that my membership would not be approved. Thus, a pleasant surprise.
Things like worthiness are not really for me to decide.

Quote:
At age 23, if you drive a brand new Civic, you must be one of the luckier guys in the world My budget puts the Civic out of reach for me for now, but I took a test drive of a second hand (2008) Civic a few days back. Now, I've taken test drives of lots of new cars as well (Civic, Jazz, Etios Liva, etc.). Nothing I have ever driven has come close to the pleasure of a Civic. Sitting in that cockpit gave me an awesome high.
That is true. Civic is a pleasure to drive.
I am just like any other guy mate. Took a loan to buy the car since I had saved enough for the down payment.
Before getting a brand new one, I was in the used car market for a '10 or '11 Civic. I had almost finalized on one car before it slipped out of my hands.
After driving and looking for a Civic, I just couldn't settle for ANHC.

Quote:
Congrats, dude, nice car
Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 23:29   #4
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
That is true. Civic is a pleasure to drive.
I am just like any other guy mate. Took a loan to buy the car since I had saved enough for the down payment.
Before getting a brand new one, I was in the used car market for a '10 or '11 Civic. I had almost finalized on one car before it slipped out of my hands.
After driving and looking for a Civic, I just couldn't settle for ANHC.
You're going to have to tell me what "ANHC" means. My educated guess is something along the lines of "Another Normal Honda City" or something like that.

Obviously, I'm no one to comment on the wiseness of having one in for such an expensive car at such a young age...so I won't

But a colleague of mine was having this discussion with me. My original plan for my first car was to buy a hatch-back and after a lot of deliberation, I decided on the Honda Jazz. City and other sedans were out of reach (for now). But the Jazz never came (production halted ... no pun intended there, by the way). So now I'm thinking about a second hand City or even a Civic.

Anyway, my point was ... if you start with such a big/expensive car as your very first car, what happens to its aspiration value? For me, I'd like to start with a small car, then dream slightly bigger and better ... like I'm moving up in life gradually and now I deserve to drive a Civic, etc.

Of course, in your case, maybe your next step is an Accord or something.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th December 2011 at 09:58.
Old 17th December 2011, 01:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
You're going to have to tell me what "ANHC" means. My educated guess is something along the lines of "Another Normal Honda City" or something like that.
ANHC - All New Honda City
Quote:
Obviously, I'm no one to comment on the wiseness of having one in for such an expensive car at such a young age...so I won't

But a colleague of mine was having this discussion with me. My original plan for my first car was to buy a hatch-back and after a lot of deliberation, I decided on the Honda Jazz. City and other sedans were out of reach (for now). But the Jazz never came (production halted ... no pun intended there, by the way). So now I'm thinking about a second hand City or even a Civic.
Honda production is still shot at the moment. Why not look at an i20?

I have a bit of experience with Used Cars since my initial cars were used. If I might make a few suggestions.
If you have the liquid cash and do not need a loan to buy a car, you should go for a used car from one segment higher. The car should not be old enough or driven enough that it is no longer in the warranty period(prefer cars with extended warranty periods). Prefer buying from an individual, or a manufacturer's used car wing, or a reputed car resale chain.
In case you depend on a loan, its best to stick with a new car since loans for new cars are more flexible in comparison to used car loans.
Quote:
Anyway, my point was ... if you start with such a big/expensive car as your very first car, what happens to its aspiration value? For me, I'd like to start with a small car, then dream slightly bigger and better ... like I'm moving up in life gradually and now I deserve to drive a Civic, etc.

Of course, in your case, maybe your next step is an Accord or something
Almost on target with that one. Its the first car I bought with my own money instead of my fathers', who bought me my previous cars.
Since the loan is of 5 years, I would prefer to jump two segments up rather than one once the loan period is over.
Old 17th December 2011, 09:41   #6
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
ANHC - All New Honda City
What are we then going to call the 2012 model?

Quote:
Honda production is still shot at the moment. Why not look at an i20?
I think it's underpowered and overpriced. I'd rather buy a second hand sedan than a premier hatchback (if not the Jazz)

Quote:
I have a bit of experience with Used Cars since my initial cars were used. If I might make a few suggestions.
If you have the liquid cash and do not need a loan to buy a car, you should go for a used car from one segment higher. The car should not be old enough or driven enough that it is no longer in the warranty period(prefer cars with extended warranty periods). Prefer buying from an individual, or a manufacturer's used car wing, or a reputed car resale chain.
In case you depend on a loan, its best to stick with a new car since loans for new cars are more flexible in comparison to used car loans.
I'll be taking an interest-free car loan (company-provided benefit). My criteria were to get a car that's post-2008, driven 30k or less. While I'm trying to avoid buying through an agent, it's really difficult to find individual sellers in Bombay. I'm depending on a friend, though, who's helping me out. Let's see how it goes. If I don't get a good second hand, and if Honda can promise to deliver a City within the first week of January, I might even go in for a new City.
Old 17th December 2011, 09:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello to all my fellow members.

My name is Mohit and I am from Delhi.

I am 23 years old, working in Wipro as a Developer. The best part of working there is that I get to drive on the DND Flyway and the Greater Noida Expressway everyday in my month old Civic, which is pure bliss

Though my interests also lie in technology, music, movies and travel, automotive is still one of my primary interests'.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Take care and drive safely.

Welcome aboard, familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

Civic at 23, man,you are lucky. I too am around 23 and all I have is a bike.

Psst: Your boss might think you are a rich brat and might deny you a promotion if you continue cruising in your Civic

Quote:

Congrats, dude, nice car
Quote:

Of course, in your case, maybe your next step is an Accord or something
ANHC-All New Honda City. The current iteration of City sedan.

Just to remind you folks that the smiley limit is 2 per post. Excessive smiley will result in an infraction. Please read this for better understanding of the forum etiquette
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ

Last edited by sachinj12 : 17th December 2011 at 10:00.
Old 17th December 2011, 21:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
What are we then going to call the 2012 model?

I think it's underpowered and overpriced. I'd rather buy a second hand sedan than a premier hatchback (if not the Jazz)

I'll be taking an interest-free car loan (company-provided benefit). My criteria were to get a car that's post-2008, driven 30k or less. While I'm trying to avoid buying through an agent, it's really difficult to find individual sellers in Bombay. I'm depending on a friend, though, who's helping me out. Let's see how it goes. If I don't get a good second hand, and if Honda can promise to deliver a City within the first week of January, I might even go in for a new City.
I am guessing that it will be called ANHC only with an addition of pre-facelift.

Best of luck in your car search

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Welcome aboard, familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

Civic at 23, man,you are lucky. I too am around 23 and all I have is a bike.

Psst: Your boss might think you are a rich brat and might deny you a promotion if you continue cruising in your Civic

ANHC-All New Honda City. The current iteration of City sedan.

Just to remind you folks that the smiley limit is 2 per post. Excessive smiley will result in an infraction. Please read this for better understanding of the forum etiquette
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ
My boss is in Bangalore. Permanently.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks