Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 18:26   #1
PhX
BHPian

Hi! (Simple enough)

I'm 24, in my first job with an FMCG major, working in Mumbai for the next few months. I used to drive a really old Maruti 800 (family car), which dad bought so my sister and I could learn how to drive. We had an Accent before that with an amazing music system.

What do I enjoy about driving? One is possibly the knowledge that you are in control of the machine, you can make it move any way you want. I like the calming sensation of being in motion, I like it when a car responds to my pressing down of the accelerator pedal.

When I'm not working, I play video games (ever since I had to shift to a laptop from my desktop, I've been playing Football Manager) and writing short stories and poems. Some of you might get lucky enough to see them.

I had booked a Honda Jazz for myself, but we all know how that's gone for Jazz bookers. So now I'm considering a second hand Honda City or a Civic, which would cost roughly the same as a new Jazz on road.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th December 2011 at 21:18. Reason: Do not criticize before understanding
Old 17th December 2011, 10:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Hi! (Simple enough)

Welcome to Team-BHP PhX, and great to hear your passion for cars.

Like most Indians including me the first and for quite some time the only car we have driven is the maruti - 800, so I can relate quite well to what you are trying to portray.

Look forward to sharing your experiences and happy motoring.

Drive Safe!!
Old 17th December 2011, 11:00   #3
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Like most Indians including me the first and for quite some time the only car we have driven is the maruti - 800, so I can relate quite well to what you are trying to portray.
One thing I've realised, though, is that after having driven the Maruti 800, driving pretty much any other car is akin to a heavenly experience

Whenever I get a chance, I always drive others' cars
Old 17th December 2011, 12:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
One thing I've realised, though, is that after having driven the Maruti 800, driving pretty much any other car is akin to a heavenly experience

Whenever I get a chance, I always drive others' cars
Not really -- Maruti 800 was a heavenly experience for me after Ambassadors and Fiats.
Old 17th December 2011, 12:22   #5
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Not really -- Maruti 800 was a heavenly experience for me after Ambassadors and Fiats.
Wasn't old enough to drive those :P
Old 17th December 2011, 19:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
What do I enjoy about driving? One is possibly the knowledge that you are in control of the machine, you can make it move any way you want. I like the calming sensation of being in motion, I like it when a car responds to my pressing down of the accelerator pedal.
However old the world gets, men can never take their heart off their machines. One such toy that is inseparable from the homo sapiens is the car, for the reasons mentioned above more than the transportation element. I get afraid of my wild imaginations on next generation cars being driven by fingers or even by a robot with AI How is man going to satisfy himself on the thrill part then? God knows.

Anyways, welcome aboard.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 21:49   #7
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
However old the world gets, men can never take their heart off their machines. One such toy that is inseparable from the homo sapiens is the car, for the reasons mentioned above more than the transportation element. I get afraid of my wild imaginations on next generation cars being driven by fingers or even by a robot with AI How is man going to satisfy himself on the thrill part then? God knows.

Anyways, welcome aboard.
You're right. And this is precisely why I want an MT, not an AT. AT is more for people who have drive because they have to get to somewhere. I'd rather get to somewhere because I have to drive there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed