Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 00:26   #31

Re: Ferrari owner comes aboard.

Yep. My cars have also featured extensively on Shmee150s Blog on facebook. Also, if you go back a few posts you will clearly see that I have mentioned the fact that I have taken the pics of my cars off the internet.

So If you are suggesting I do not own these cars or something I suggest you think twice. Some of my friends' cars are also featured on that first link. I can give you the details of the Black 599 GTO including who it belongs to and where it stays. If this is the kind of attitude you portray towards the cars and me, I find it insulting.
Old 11th January 2012, 05:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novitec458 View Post
So If you are suggesting I do not own these cars or something I suggest you think twice. If this is the kind of attitude you portray towards the cars and me, I find it insulting.
I understand that why you might have found my post to be an insult, however, I meant the cars no disrespect. They are great cars and some of them are my favourites.

I looked up the images and found them in obscure sites and it just seemed odd to me. I tried to frame it in the least confrontational way that I could, leaving the door open for you to refute my doubt.

If you are the owner, and my post irked you, you can be mad at me, but please don't use it as an excuse to deprive the forum (i.e. thousands of other members) of your contribution(s).

Below, I'll just point out why I still think I have the right to be cynical.

Quote:
I have mentioned the fact that I have taken the pics of my cars off the internet
Not quite. You posted 3 photos and said that:
Quote:
..some pics from the internet and a couple from the phone.
  • So, 2 out of 3 were NOT from the internet. I presume the couple referred to the Ferrari.
  • You had a crashed hard drive and lost all (or most) of you photos. In this day and age, one shouldn't have to depend on obscure websites to find photos. Also, how did this obscure website get photos of the car from the first day you bought it? Can happen, but naturally, with the crashed hard drive, it seemed odd.
  • You have a phone, that apparently can take photos (I think it's a safe bet that most Ferrari owner will have cameraphone, if not a smartphone), and yet we see only 2 photos from it. If you bought a new Mac, I know how easy it is to get photos off just about any phone.
There are a few more reasons, but that's not the point and I didn't wish to take this position at all. It is after-all, in the interest of this forum to have members with dream garages.

I know the standard response is to take the position of "Oh, I am so offended that you could claim that I might be an imposter, and hence I'll not post anymore.", but it'll be refreshing if you buck that line of thought. In this case, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Last edited by Amartya : 11th January 2012 at 05:28.
Amartya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Amartya
Your post ares very very dignified. They are far from offensive.

Just to add, there have been some threads by imposters in past. A reality check by is always healthy when we are looking at maintaining supremely high forum quality.

Last edited by dipen : 11th January 2012 at 10:41.
dipen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 10:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Not quite. You posted 3 photos and said that:
  • You had a crashed hard drive and lost all (or most) of you photos. In this day and age, one shouldn't have to depend on obscure websites to find photos. Also, how did this obscure website get photos of the car from the first day you bought it? Can happen, but naturally, with the crashed hard drive, it seemed odd.
  • You have a phone, that apparently can take photos (I think it's a safe bet that most Ferrari owner will have cameraphone, if not a smartphone), and yet we see only 2 photos from it. If you bought a new Mac, I know how easy it is to get photos off just about any phone.
lol very true, thats what went through my head when i saw the first few of his posts, everyone has a camera phone now-a-days! and his secrecy about a aftermarket performance kit etc etc.
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 19:55   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I have already given my hard disk to a bloke who I know is good at this sort of jibbery. Anyways, coming back to cars, I wont be putting up pictures of the Ferrari just yet as the kit is only half installed and I want it to be a hush hush project. Too many spotters roaming around london invading people's privacy you know..
Not sure why you are so worried about people clicking pictures of your cars as long as they dont click your personal picture with it. After all buying a supercar means attracting attention and most of the people who click pictures are good intentioned. If you check this link, (Flickr: Alex Penfold's Photostream) you'll see lots of people appreciating the cars and the photography of supercars in London. Being a multiple supercar owner, I assume you are a member of other dedicated forums as well so perhaps you can share a link with us.

We are a community of car mad people so please do not mind if there are requests for more pictures. You see the more pictures you share, the more you will be appreciated here!

Also what is the meaning of your Ferrari's private plate? I am unable to decipher the code! Cheers!
Old 12th January 2012, 05:37   #36

Ignore the 12 in the plate. It is GAWK. We have had that plate for a few years now. It used to be on the 355 initially.
Old 12th January 2012, 17:51   #37
BHPian

@novitec- Without trying to be too nosey...i was just wondering that most members, including me, love to flaunt our rides, be it a maruti or a merc, with detailed writeups and pictures about them.
It's just a little hard to digest the fact that someone who owns a supercar can be so mum about it!!!
Please do elaborate on the same. It's would be great for everyone of us to know more about you and your ride.

Last edited by aadithsince1980 : 12th January 2012 at 17:53.
Old 14th January 2012, 21:45   #38

Some of the best supercar collections in the world are unknown. You woudnt even look twice at some houses which have some of the best cars in the world. Trust me. And in any case, I joined here so find out everything about the Novitec Rosso 458 in India.
Old 15th January 2012, 11:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

That's a half-decent collection of cars, if I do say so myself. I'm a professional car disposer-offer, so if there's any car you want to dispose off, you can let me know and I'll fly down to ol' blighty to do my disposing-offing business.

Tell you what. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll even give you a discount. I know, I have a heart of pure gold.

Seriously though, pics. Please And welcome to T-BHP!

Edit: I get all my exercise from jumping to conclusions. I didn't see page 2 with the 3 pics and the subsequent hullabaloo :/ Nevertheless, the offer of my disposing-offing services stands!

Last edited by iliketurtles : 15th January 2012 at 11:59. Reason: I don't read as much as I should
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 23:51   #40

^Im sorry, What exactly is a "Car Disposer-offer" And what discount are you talking about? You want me to sell you my cars? Fat Chance.
Old 17th January 2012, 00:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some of the best supercar collections in the world are unknown. You woudnt even look twice at some houses which have some of the best cars in the world. Trust me. And in any case, I joined here so find out everything about the Novitec Rosso 458 in India.
Yeah, thanks Novitec458, I did not know people in England are also SO mad about following super cars to their homes and invading people's privacy by taking photos, thought only us deprived souls were like that. Welcome to T-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I'm a professional car disposer-offer,
Tell you what. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll even give you a discount. I know, I have a heart of pure gold.
Nevertheless, the offer of my disposing-offing services stands!
Could you help me dispose of my 15 year old RC expired super scooter please ? No discounts expected.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks