Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 14:10   #1
BHPian

Helloa..I was crazy to start driving when I was 12

One 'n' all,

Great to be part of Team-BHP. I really appreaciate the efforts in helping out friends in trouble with carmakers.

About me

Profession: Non IT man in an IT Organization
I am 29 yrs old. Have been driving since I was 12- It's a bad example to follow, but then, some passion run too deep to put on leash.
My cars: I learned driving on dad's Mahindra Jeep, later moved to MM 540, and a commander. My first car was, obviously a white 800. I now have a white Esteem Vx.

My best moment on car: Doing 130 Mph on a Corvette on the scenic I 580 in California..No I wasn't driving...I didn't have a security deposite of 42000$

I can see the big-bro Baleno BHPians looking at me. Yep a white Baleno is in my plans.

A special note on Mitsubishi. As a rally freak, I love them. Mitsubishi has always been open in helping newborn car companies with technology and expertise. Remember Hyundai, Proton and for that matter Eicher

I am saddened by their present state of affairs. Good luck Mitsubishi !!
Old 23rd March 2006, 15:21   #2
BHPian

since 12?! whoa!
anyway, welcome ...
Old 23rd March 2006, 17:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight

Have been driving since I was 12
we surely have something in common , and to add to that i learnt on a jeep as well, a gypsy, alongwith dad's 118ne.

you're surely going to love it here, enjoy your stay.

manson.
Old 23rd March 2006, 19:28   #4
BHPian

you must've clocked over 10lac kms :-P go vote on the thread regarding that lol..
but yeah experience counts though driving since 12 aint something good!
Old 23rd March 2006, 21:39   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Welcome to the forum WK ..

Nice intro .. White baleno in plans , dont worry u have come to just the right place !!! HHmm welcome to the crowd where all agree upon one thing if not on others and that would be " we all love automobiles" ..

Hope to see u in person , do make sure u bump into the bangy meets that happen week after week .. Btw enjoy ur stay on the forum ..

PS : Cant comment on the driving since 12 yr thing , as i myself have been there done that .. So i can understand ..
Old 23rd March 2006, 22:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome WK to the forum. Looks like you have a love for white cars. A White Baleno will look very good. All the best to you for the decision.

Enjoy.
Old 24th March 2006, 00:46   #7
BHPian

Hey welcome!!

On your quote...
Quote:
"My best moment on car: Doing 130 Mph on a Corvette on the scenic I 580 in California..No I wasn't driving...I didn't have a security deposite of 42000$"
130 is do-able, but you have to be really lucky not to get caught (license suspension and get jail time)... that free way is full of unmarked cop cars. Next time just go to a race track

Can I ask what did you mean by a 42000 security deposit?
Old 24th March 2006, 03:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

started driving since 12 must have been fun..i started when i was 14..oh well..

welcome aboard..

I can imagine the 130mph experience in the vette..i have the newer one and i can totaly picture it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot
Hey welcome!!

On your quote...

130 is do-able, but you have to be really lucky not to get caught (license suspension and get jail time)... that free way is full of unmarked cop cars. Next time just go to a race track

Can I ask what did you mean by a 42000 security deposit?
i guess because when u rent exotic or out of the ordinary cars, they ask for a deposit...i wanted to rent a 360 and the price per day was 2200$ and deposite of 8k...
Old 24th March 2006, 07:36   #9
BHPian

42k for a corvette sounded outrageous... considering the fact you can get a new corvette between 50-60k
Old 24th March 2006, 08:53   #10
BHPian

i rented a Boxster for $300 :P for 8 hrs,....

And BTW I tooo learnt driving on a Mahindara Jeep at the ripe old age of 12.....thanx to my Grandpa!
Old 24th March 2006, 10:06   #11
BHPian

So the Jeep seems to be quite a common choice of first vehicle. My first memories are of sitting in my father's lap in a Willys jeep and steering while he had the rest of the controls. I was maybe 4. Of course I learnt to drive much later, in an Amby. I guess my leash was stronger.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Profession: Non IT man in an IT Organization
I am 29 yrs old. Have been driving since I was 12
hi,
i am an IT man in an IT Organization
I also started driving since age 12

learnt driving in a padmini, then grew up on a regular dosage of original M800, the then-new-M800, Zen and now i am with a Santro and a Palio1.6

i'd driven almost every car available in india, except some of the real biggies!
also, drove almost in whole of india, but never in a foreign country!

Last edited by revharder : 24th March 2006 at 10:27.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:45   #13
BHPian

Thank you for the welcome notes.

Well this one was my friend's 2003 Corvette, which he was driving. I wanted to ask him for the keys. Then I remembered this one would cost roughly 42k in used car market (what if something goes wrong..). More than that, I love my car, and I presume everyone else does, So I restrained.

Did I clock 10 Lakh Kms??...I wish I had. During initial days, I had to pester my relatives to get a chance with their vehicles. Worst of all, during the peek age of 18-21 we didn't have a vehicle at home. So not much in terms of Kms

Well, legalities apart, I am of the opinion that learning driving at younger age helps one to become a mature driver faster.
Old 24th March 2006, 12:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Well, legalities apart, I am of the opinion that learning driving at younger age helps one to become a mature driver faster.
very true.
maturity doesn't comes only with KMs, but also with the 'time' spent behind the steering.

extra KMs do helps in a much better way to make a driver better.
but 'time' is also one good teacher!
Old 24th March 2006, 13:02   #15
BHPian

I agree. Nowadays, while its good that so many people can afford cars, the problem that tags along is that people with no background of association with cars (no road sense) are out in the streets with spanking new machines.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks