Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 15:01   #1
BHPian

Dhrupadh logging in

A very warm hello and thank you to the team-bhp community for accepting me as the newesst member of this community. It took a couple of attempts before being accepted but I think thats good. It makes you feel the seriousness of the content that is posted here. So here goes.

Name: Dhrupadh

Location: Been in Bangalore for 8 years (Originally from Agra)

Occupation: Computer Scientist @ Adobe Systems India (more popularly known for photoshop and Acrobat PDF readers)

Cars owned: A recently bought WagonR VXI

How did I get to know about Team BHP? Well, everytime I searched technical details about cars and their workings, one of the team-bhp threads was sure to be found within the first five responses thrown back by Google. After clicking on them for a number of times, I realized this is an amazing resource to learn anything and everything about cars.

BTW, just yesterday evening i.e. 19th Feb 2012, I saw a white i20 with a Team BHP Sticker on the rear bumper just ahead of me on Bannerghatta road which gave me a nice warm feeling about the community members residing pretty close to my place as well.

My interests include Music - including singing and playing instruments (I was part of a band), computers and gaming.

Don't know what to add more. Feel free to ask!

Thank you once again for accepting me as a part of this ever growing community. Looking for a fun filled ride with all of you.
Old 20th February 2012, 15:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dhrupadh logging in

Welcome to Team-BHP Dhrupadh!

Computer Scientist, that is interesting. Can you elaborate on your job description, do you create algorithms of image processing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
My interests include Music - including singing and...
Can you also sing Dhrupad?
Old 20th February 2012, 16:11   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the warm welcome Samurai!

Well, actually yes. A computer scientist's job description (in general) includes creating new stuff and optimizing existing methods and if its really path-breaking, we might as well get it patented. What you asked for is, more specifically, something that is done by teams involved with products that deal with image processing. I am involved with the web side of things i.e. making applications that run on the web such as this forum .

Hope that answers your question!!

Forgot to answer the singing part!! Yes, as I mentioned, I was part of a band in my previous company. Did a few shows mostly in the campus and a couple of others in Barista - for charity ofcourse because no one would pay .

I played lead singer, flute and guitar.

Note to Mods: Please merge this with previous response as I forgot to include this as part of the previous reply. Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 18:23   #4
BHPian

Dhrupad

Warm welcome to Team BHP. You have special talents that will rock during Bangalore Team BHP meets !

If you have some vids of your band post them here too.

Rgds
Old 20th February 2012, 18:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Can you also sing Dhrupad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
I played lead singer, flute and guitar.
Actually, I asked you a trick question.

Do you sing Dhrupad? Dhrupad is a singing style within Hindustani Classical music.
Old 20th February 2012, 22:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

With the last 'h' in your name I kinda assumed you were originally from south

welcome!
Old 21st February 2012, 00:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Dhrupad

Warm welcome to Team BHP. You have special talents that will rock during Bangalore Team BHP meets !

If you have some vids of your band post them here too.

Rgds
Thanks!! It'll be a pleasure. Unfortunately, the only vids that were taken by a friend was lost when his hard disk crashed. But no worries, I'll give u a live unplugged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Actually, I asked you a trick question.

Do you sing Dhrupad? Dhrupad is a singing style within Hindustani Classical music.
I realized that it was a link after I sent a response. How silly of me! I havent taken formal training in music as such so that would be a no. Though its on my long term to-do list!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
With the last 'h' in your name I kinda assumed you were originally from south

welcome!
Yeah, people here tend to put that extra 'h' so many times that the habit has crept into my daily usage. So I am fine even if you spell it Dhrupad.

Just realized that I forgot to mention some areas of interests that I havent been pursuing actively: I am an avid cyclist and occasionally write scripts along with participating in enacting them as well - mostly comic.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:00   #8
BHPian

Dhrupadh, nice to see you here. BTW, I work with Adobe Noida as a senior technical writer. :-)
Old 24th February 2012, 11:15   #9
BHPian

Hi Samarth,

Glad to find a fellow Adobian on this forum. You are the first one I found here. Otherwise most of my colleagues are not here. Maybe because of the strict admission policy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks