Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 10:25   #1
BHPian

Third time lucky!!!

Hello All,

Yep, I got to be a part of this elite forum in my third attempt! Thanks to the moderators who think that I’m worth being a part of this amazing community.

Well, I’m a computer graduate who works for the ever ending .com industry. Though I hail from the Gods’ own Country, I currently reside in Ahmedabad for my living.

I stumbled upon this wonderful forum while trying to find the road condition of NH8 while planning a trip to Pune three years back and that was it. I never had to look back when it comes to anything and everything about Indian automotive scene.

I have been shadowing this forum for close to three years (in between trying unsuccessfully to crack the registration process two times). Even though I was not a member here, I spend at least 2-3 hours here daily. Team-Bhp has influenced me in more than many ways. Be it in selecting my current ride while trying to replace the ride I had to upgrading the shoes of my car the moment it stepped out of the showroom.

About my rides: While my daily drive is a red Avenger 200, I also have a garnet red (well that’s what they call it) Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna. I hate those who honk unnecessarily on roads and those who drive on the wrong side to save their fuel. And yes, you might have guessed from the username itself, Yamaha R6 has been my favorite bike. I love almost everything about that bike, especially the one which was in production during 2006 - 07.

When it comes to rides, I go weak on my knees when I hear a sweet sounding exhaust or see nice alloys. My wife hates the fact that I might take a U turn just to check the wheels of a car which crosses my path.

I know a couple of folks on the forum in person, but I know even more about others through this forum. Be it through Mr. Yeti’s travelogues, Mr. Samurai’s OTR reports or GTO’s reviews, I’m a fan of almost everything here. I must mention this; the first thread I read here was the one from Mr. Samurai. His maiden trip on this newly acquired Jeep CJ 340. That made me hook to this forum three years ago and here I’m writing my introduction.

Thanks again for each and everyone who contributed to this forum. I’m glad to be a part of this forum and looking forward to interacting with you all.

Thanks again for bearing with me and reading through a long post. See you around!!

Best,
r-six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 11:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Third time lucky!!!

Warm Welcome to the Forum, R-six.. BTW which part of 'Gods own country' are you from? Rare to see someone from south working for an IT company in Gujarat instead of the usual choice Bengaluru!!
Old 16th March 2012, 18:56   #3
BHPian

Thanks sandsun7! I'm from Thrissur and yep I had some other preferences while choosing this city.
Old 18th March 2012, 22:31   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard!!!

We have a good community in A'bad, will meet sometime.
Old 29th March 2012, 19:20   #5
BHPian

Great to see your post R-Six. I am also from the God's own country and a software professional but settled in Bangalore. Looking forward to see more posts from you.
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:07   #6
BHPian

Hi ! man, welcome to the community.
Even I stay in Ahmedabad. I am an Industrial Automation Professional.
My passion for jeeps bought me here. I recently upgraded from my Wagon R to a Scorpio MHawk. I also own an Avenger 180 (3.5 yrs old)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks