Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2006, 19:17   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

Hi all,

Greetings! I had registered in team-bhp long back, but this is my first post! This forum has been wonderful to me, since I have understood much more about cars through my regular visits here! About a year back, in an auto exhibition held at the palace grounds I had met Psycho and Viper too in their stall (they may have forgotten that though..).

I work in Bangalore as a scientist. My car is Fiat Uno 1.2 EL Petrol (single point fuel injection). I think I got the last piece of this beast made in India, because a friend of mine visited TVS shortly after my buying (in Nov 2004), and they told him that Uno is no more in production!! However, the car is vey good and I like its sturdy build. It also gives me a mileage of about 12 kM in bangalore city traffic, even though I don't drive much.

I have an observation: I used to fill the tank with "Speed" from BP, but over several months I noticed that the power of the car is diminishing very gradually (even though the drive remains smooth)..then I shifted to normal petrol+system G, but added only 0.5 ml of the additive to every 1 litre petrol, - instead of the usually recommended 1 ml per litre - and the "raw power" feeling seems to have come back..Now I have shifted to ordinary petrol from Shell (pump near ISKON temple), which seems to be the best even without additives ! So I have decided to go for the "Shell ordinary Petrol + system G" formula in future. (Because of team-bhp I knew that 97 Octane petrol may not work wonders for my humble 9:1 compression ratio engine, so I have saved some bucks there!!)

I appreciate the moderators and contributors of this forum for the great work they are doing, and hope to be an active member here!

Regards,

Reji
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks