Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2012, 07:53   #1
BHPian

A Sound Engineer, Music Programmer, & a crazy Petrolhead

Hello everyone,

Sure feels great to be a part of the community after 3 long years of religiously following it. For some reasons, all these years I had never tried registering (lazy me), but last month when I did, it brought a big grin on my face to receive the membership approval email at the very first attempt

Well, we all are big time Petrolheads here in this community, so no need to explicitly mention my extent of love towards cars. Instead I would like to share with you, the other side of me. I'm a musician, producer & sound engineer. Have been composing music for bollywood & regional movies, & made the title songs/jingles for the brand, Radio Mirchi. Currently, keeping movie work aside, I'm fulfilling one of my dreams, called, "The Sargoshee Project", which is a proactive step in reincarnating the love for Indian Classical Music among the youth, which is dying slowly. I've tried to present Classical Music in a very different, & extremely modern form in this album.

For those who'd be eager to hear my music, you can do so at my official website Shubhodeep Roy Music - The Official Website - Home

Returning back to cars again, the car that I own is a rare species. It's a Palio S10, spic n span, shining & immaculately maintained. Looking at my obsession towards it, my folks call it my Italian girlfriend. For me, there's no better experience than hitting the highway, a long open empty road, gulmohar trees on either sides, put on the CD from my last nights recording session, play it at a nice volume, roll down the windows and let the wind hit my face, and cruise at 90kph all the way to eternity.

Thank you TBHP for making me a part & thank you moderators
RevvMusic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 11:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Sound Engineer, Music Programmer, & a crazy Petrolhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
For those who'd be eager to hear my music, you can do so at my official website Shubhodeep Roy Music - The Official Website - Home

Returning back to cars again, the car that I own is a rare species. It's a Palio S10, spic n span, shining & immaculately maintained. Looking at my obsession towards it, my folks call it my Italian girlfriend.
Hi Shubhodeep,

Welcome aboard. Nice to know you have a mint S10. We'd love to see pictures of it in your Garage.

I visited your website and really enjoyed the videos of Anirban nice stuff. Good to see a brilliant indian guitarist making it in the US.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 11:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard.

Great music and nicely appointed website. Looking forward to your posts.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 11:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A Composer, Sound Engineer, Percussionist, Pianist, Lyricist and a Photographer, "Shubhodeep is a born artist".
Great!! Welcome aboard.
Visited your website but my horrible TATA photon dongle will take ages to scan all your tracks. Will check out properly tomorrow.

Next time in Bangalore, I'll connect with you surely. Where's your studio/setup there?
Old 25th March 2012, 11:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Hi Shubhodeep,

Welcome aboard. Nice to know you have a mint S10. We'd love to see pictures of it in your Garage.
Thanks Navin. I'll do a nice photoshoot of my S10 and put up the pics soon.

Quote:
I visited your website and really enjoyed the videos of Anirban nice stuff. Good to see a brilliant indian guitarist making it in the US.
Yes, Anirban is truly a gem of a guitarist and a very good sound engineer. We both hope to make very Big in bollywood someday (soon ) as a Music Director Duo. Btw, do you know him?

I just visited your profile and was pleased to see your picture with the mixing console. Are you too into music production? It'd be a pleasure to listen to some of your work too. Let me know the links and also let me know your take on the songs of my album, "The Sargoshee Project" that are on my website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Great!! Welcome aboard.
Visited your website but my horrible TATA photon dongle will take ages to scan all your tracks. Will check out properly tomorrow.

Next time in Bangalore, I'll connect with you surely. Where's your studio/setup there?
Thanks Sir. Eager for your feedback on the tracks
And I'd love to meet you. My studio is on the Mysore road, towards Rajarajeshwari Nagar.

Cheers

Last edited by RevvMusic : 25th March 2012 at 11:52.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
Btw, do you know him?

I just visited your profile and was pleased to see your picture with the mixing console. Are you too into music production?
No I dont know Anirban. I was in the US in the 80s and thre were no Indian guitarists at places like GIT or BAM etc. Today a lot of this has changed. I am happy to see this.

I used to play, and write music in the 80s and did have a very small and basic 16ch. studio at home. I think the picture you are refering however was taken in Germany at a friend's studio. Usually I stay away from the front end of a camera, but one of the female singer's in my friend's band persisted.

Last edited by navin : 26th March 2012 at 09:42.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:16   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard,RevvMusic.Great to see a musician here in TeamBHP.Have a nice stay here.Do write a review of your S10.Also nice and well designed website.Have a great stay here.
Regards
Sreehari
Old 1st April 2012, 11:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I used to play, and write music in the 80s and did have a very small and basic 16ch. studio at home.
Wow, nice to hear that! Hope we get to jam someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Great to see a musician here in TeamBHP.Have a nice stay here.Do write a review of your S10.Also nice and well designed website.Have a great stay here.
Thanks a lot Sreehari! Yes I would definitely put up detailed review of my S10 very very soon.
Old 15th April 2012, 01:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum!

Just checked out your link. That's impressive, man! I quite liked the electric-guitar solo in one of the tracks. (Don't know which was the one that played, when I'd opened your site.) Must say, it's got plenty of 'feel', which is something most musicians lack these days.

It's great to have another musician among us.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks