Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 19:33   #1
BHPian

Finally I'll get to share my experiences

Good Evening Friends,

First and foremost a Big thank you to the Moderators for approving my membership after the second attempt, but i must say the forum is so addictive that it completely kept me glued to it even without being a member. I still remember wanting to post or share my experience so many times when i read any thread and knew the answer, but would realize only after clicking that i wasn't a member yet.

To start with my Name is Karan (Age: 30), Born and Brought up in Mumbai. I'm currently working as a VP - Business Transformation with one of the top 3 background screening firms. My Family includes my wife and my son whose 1.8 years old now.

Some of my interests are playing snooker, travelling, cooking and of course driving. While i don't consider myself to be anywhere close to an expert on automobiles, however the interest has considerably grown over the years and today is at its peak after more than a quarter long research that i was conducting before making my decision on which car do i upgrade to from my SX4.

Since I’m born, I've always seen only petrol cars standing in our garage as Dad was extremely fond of driving petrol cars and didn't really find the noise diesel cars made bearable while he always knew diesel means economy, but he was still a lot more enthusiastic about petrol cars for the sheer pick up and noise less operation apart from a lower maintenance than diesel.

I started driving at the age of 13 while my mom and dad had joined a driving school and took almost a month to complete the training, i learnt driving from our driver in 2 days flat which my dad only figured out when he caught me driving once and upon confrontation learnt that he had spent 30 days doing something which could have been done much faster and better. While this didn't give me the permission to drive, however my dad had big time difficulties initially with parking the car (Especially reversing) so he would always allow me that much of driving ?(as he called it) to park the vehicle whereever we went.

If i remember correctly our first car was a 118 NE followed by Maruti, 800, Esteem and so on. I've personally owned 3 cars until now and my first car was a Hyundai Santro Xing (White Color) which i absolutely loved, followed by an Opel Corsa and then the Man as they call it the SX4 which I’m absolutely in love with till date. Needless to say that all these were only petrol cars as somehow i didn't like the noise diesel cars made and the lag they had during pick up until i made my upgrade decision recently after a 3 month research and re-thinking i want to thank Team-BHP for the so many posts, threads and reviews that were so easily available for reading and making your buying decision so easy and comfortable.

I've read every post, thread several times including the most interesting review (According to me) from Autobahner about the Audi 2.0 TFSI. While i was always fond of petrol cars, this time around destiny had something else in store and i finally booked my first diesel car the Audi A4 2.0 TDI White Exterior with Cinnamon Brown Interiors recently and currently awaiting delivery. While this may sound like any other buying decision after conducting some research and zeroing in on the final choice, however i can assure you that wasn't the case for me.

My ownership thread which i shall start soon after my car delivery that i'm still awaiting and yes it will include pictures and all details around how i chose to upgrade from a SX4 to an Audi which for me was a Big jump and believe you me, i practically must have seen every car in between the two in terms of segment.

For now i shall end this here, however it will be an absolute pleasure to interact with all of you going forward and share experiences while gaining new ones.

Thank you again to the Moderators for giving me a chance to part of this wonderful community.

Best Regards,
Karan
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 11:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally I'll get to share my experiences

Hi! Karan, let me be the first one to welcome you onboard this wonderful community. Congrats! on booking your Audi. Looking forward to your ownership review and many more.
Old 7th April 2012, 13:33   #3
BHPian

Hello Karan, Welcome to Team-BHP. Not surprised that you are getting addicted to this marvelous forum. Same is the case with me. The first thing I do after waking up is check Team-BHP just to check what did I miss while I was sleeping.

BTW, congrats on your new A4. Looking forward to the ownership review when you get the car and once again, welcome to the forum, enjoy your journey with the fellow BHPians. Just remember to stick to the rules. Cheers!
Old 8th April 2012, 18:16   #4
BHPian

Thank you for the warm welcome friends, yes I shall soon start an ownership thread and of course will keep a check on rules to follow on the forum.
Old 8th April 2012, 21:28   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the group Karan and hope our long sessions that we spent on discussing cars and nothing but cars provide a good reason to stay in this world of car enthusiasts.

Hope to see a audi car buying experience soon, a detailed one though
Old 12th April 2012, 08:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
Welcome to the group Karan and hope our long sessions that we spent on discussing cars and nothing but cars provide a good reason to stay in this world of car enthusiasts.

Hope to see a audi car buying experience soon, a detailed one though
BIG thanks to you kailash for all your help in my buying decision. I can't forget those endless chats we had for months before Audi finally happened.

You will soon see an ownership thread and don't be surprised if you have to help write it also as you were as much a part of the buying as I was so I may not remember everything
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks