Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 15:20   #1
BHPian

Hi Adarsh from Cochin

Hi to all members of Team BHP

I'm Adarsh from Cochin working as COO of a small software firm in Cochin. Very much interested in cars and computers.

I own an Accent GLE purchased in June 2005. To tell about my car I'm pretty much satisfied by it. Has done more than 33000 kms till date thats in a span of 10 months. No complaints till now except the regular services and changed the brake pads at 25000 kms. Getting an average mileage with a/c of 12.5 kms.

I've been an active visitor of many automobile forums and Team BHP is the latest one. But everywhere I find people criticising Hyundai mainly telling about its quality. But for me Hyundai is a good brand from my personal experience.

Please have your opinions about Hyundai and their products guys....
Old 6th April 2006, 15:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome

You will find people respect Hyundai for the quality and ease of ownership but find them dull.
Old 6th April 2006, 16:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, Adarsh. We respect manufacturers for what they are here and hope to provide an objective view of most things automotive (and then some).

Hope you enjoy your stay and add value to the experience.
Old 6th April 2006, 16:24   #4
BHPian

hey, welcome aboard dude! Hyundai is not that bad brand and its doin very gud in india..where in cochin are u from??
Old 6th April 2006, 20:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

We will meet next time I visit Cochin ( May 1st week I guess)
Old 6th April 2006, 22:16   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the Jungle mate...
Old 6th April 2006, 23:41   #7

personally i really like hyundai.. here in states its really getting popular day by day. the price they offer along with 10 years and 100,000 miles warranty is unbeatable. There is a new model out here "Azera"... man that car is nice and its only 27000 usd. btw welcome aboard bro.
Old 7th April 2006, 10:12   #8
BHPian

Thank you

Thank you everyone for the red carpet welcome.

I'm workling at Palarivattom, Cochin. I'm staying here and going on weekends to my home. Home is just 1 hour drive in cherthala. When I say cherthala not exactly cherthala but on the vembanad lake side now home to many tourist resorts. You can enjoy, houseboats, speed boats and any kind of adventure in water at my place. But all comes at a price though.

I want to know one more thing about my car. It has done a little more than 33000 kms. Purchased on June 2005. What can I expect to get if I sell it now?
Old 7th April 2006, 10:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

To late to sell I guess; Accent production was stopped for Indian mart.
Old 8th April 2006, 13:49   #10
BANNED

Hi,
Welcome Adarsh!
Nice to know that more people are joining in from Cochin!
I'm also based in Cochin and really like to see more people join Tem-Bhp from our area.

About Hyundai, I just cant digest this car maker! Maybe, B'coz of the bad experiences my friends had in SA or that Dull fealing their cars always posess!
No doubt, They are making good cars in India. especially Santro and Accent when they were still new cars! And the GetZ indeed is a good car.
1. A big problem of Hyundai is they are highly prone to imitating somebody else's success! Taking clues from others are agreeable and praisable sometimes too, But imitation is the cheapest form of flattery!. Look at the old Sonata. The car was launched as if it was the most beautiful car in India. But it was so much copied from others, (again, it was not just taking a designing clue, it was imitated to the maxx!) it was called a mini Jaguar! And you tell me, is this something to be proud of? Telling the world that We've copied jaguar, pl dont buy those now and buy our cars instead! And same thing happened again in the new Sonata when they completely imitated their own competition! it was so bad that Honda replaced their rear design due to Hyundai's imitation! No wonder the new Sonata is offered with so much discounts and still sells a hand few!
2. If a Hyundai car is not very well maintained and taken care of, they detoriate like anything and no good car in the world will match this record. Look at the accents around for a clue; if the car is used in a rough manner, then it'll look like as if it was made in 70s. The body lose it's fresh shape easily (without any serious knocks). Not the case with any other good car maker. Look at the 800s! (not the accident job done types) One proper wash and it's body is as good as new!
3. And their designs dont last long. It's been some time that the Accent was launched here, it's long time due that this car has become an eyesore! Yes, they need to replace it all new. The same goes for Sonata. The old one was good but soon became an eyesore too.
4. Hyundai is a Hyundai! So, why that "We are better than all the Mercs, BMWs, Toyotas and Hondas" type of attitude?
I'm not speaking of marketing hypes! That everybody does. But, any Hyundai dealer, rather than talking about the beauties of his Cars, he'll always complain about all the cars sold in the world, without any need. And their ads sometimes are so ill mannered, it'll put even the BMWs (which are famous for ill mannered ads) to shame!

Hyundai can make good cars! Agreed ! ! But from a car enthusiast's view, These cars are just what they are!
Own one! Only because it'll give you a lot of stuff (useful or not) for very less money!... PERIOD! ! ! !
Old 8th April 2006, 17:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
To late to sell I guess; Accent production was stopped for Indian mart.

Accent production is/was not stopped as reported by some newspaper. Sorry to mislead you.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:54   #12
BHPian

Hyundai cars

Hi speedzak

You may be right speaking of Hyundai cars. True they're copying other brands. But unortunately there were less choices to make when I decided to buy an accent in June 2005. The choices were esteem, ikon, accent and corsa. Esteem was an outdated model. Corsa I didnt like the looks and also it had a cramped rear. Moreover it is very expensive to maintain.

That left with me Ikon and Accent. I asked many friends and 90% of them recommended accent even ikon owners. They didnt say Ikon is a bad car but their service is pathetic. They will make a small mistake in a car a very big one. Also Ikon has lost its market share to Accent during that period. And also I don't like the rear look of Ikon.

I took a test drive of both vehicles and I found the Ikon 1.6 a fun car to drive. Accent was not having that exciting feeling. But still overall I felt Accent was better. Cabin noise was less in Accent and also I felt comfort was more in Accent. Performance was not the deciding criteria for me. From m friends I learnt mileage was almost same on both cars but maintenance costs for Accent was far less than Ikon. Also because of cheap spare parts resale value for Accent was also higher.

That made me buy the car. I've completed 35000 kms since I bought the car. There has been no technical complaints but there were some minor issues like rattling of panels and some sounds when drive on bad roads which were rectified by Hyundai. Average mileage I mean mileage I get most is around 12.5 kms/l. Maximum ever obtained is 17.07 and worst is 11.15 kms/l.

Apart from that engine sound has changed a bit but that is only felt from 2nd to 3rd gear. I'm not taking any chances and I'm going to take the matter soon to Hyundai.

Telling about Hyundai service that's very good. We are treated very well there. And also the quality of the work done is satisfacory.

I dont know which is going to be my next car but I've heard that apart from Maruti none other's can match Hyundai's service quality and costs. So confusing days ahead.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:02   #13
BHPian

hi adarsh welcome to the site.had you joined one month or so back,you could have attended our cochin meet.anyway there's always a next time!!
i am having serious problems trying to sell my accent crdi.i love the car and(touch wood)i have had no problems with it to-date.even services are cheap.but brokers are un-necessarily bringing the price down by reporting fuel pump problems.anyway thats another issue altogether.
perhaps we can meet sometime.i am right now working near cochin at kolenchery.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:28   #14
BHPian

Hi Adarsh welcome to team-bhp.
Old 29th June 2006, 15:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi adarsh,welcome to t-bhp! Dude you from Cherthala?!! How very interesting... i have a home there. Are you staying near the thanneermukkam bund side? My home is near to the devi temple.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks