Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 22:35   #1
BHPian

Glad to be a part of this amazing forum!

Folks,

Got my much awaited approval mail today. Been wanting to join this forum for quite some time now having been using and benefitting from it for long. And obviously being a car lover for as long as I know myself

I am perhaps past the midpoint of my life , at 35, though desperately hope that I am not past the halfway mark in terms of the things I yet need to see, things that I yet need to do, miles that I yet need to drive and mountains that I yet need to climb (am equally crazy about trekking as I am about cars)!*

What makes me almost certain about my age being close to its mid point is that I have started having what I can only call a 'mid-life' crisis. Have started having existential questions pop up time and again in my head about whether I am doing what I am meant to do / is my calling. (am a management consultant by the way). It is these existential questions that pull me to long drives and sole trekking, looking for the real me.*

That's enough philosophy for an intro post I guess, so let me get to the other stuff. I first came across team-bhp when I was googling for trip advise and thereafter I must have heard about it from several of my friends and acquintainces.*

I own a Hyundai Verna Diesel which I love (a little less than I love my wife, but Verna is fast catching up and I won't be surprised if it crosses my wife by the time we are 5 years into wedlock. ) have driven various other cars - was amongst the first few in the country to drive the *and Sonata (I was working as a fresh engineer at Hyundai in 1998, the year they launched in India!). Driven all the Marutis among others. I wish to own and drive a convertible some day.*
Love biking too but am not able to do that much (except on the occasional trips to Goa)

I am glad to be here and hope to be a valuable part of this community!

Cheers

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2012 at 11:29. Reason: ONLY 2 smileys per post. Please read rules before proceeding. Thanks!
Old 1st June 2012, 23:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Glad to be a part of this amazing forum!

Congrats on joining the forum. Memberships are really hard to get nowadays. I suggest you read the rules of the forum fully and carefully before proceeding further.

For a headstart - Only 2 smileys per post are allowed.

Welcome to the forum and do share an ownership review of your Verna.
Old 2nd June 2012, 01:54   #3
BHPian

Re: Glad to be a part of this amazing forum!

Hi Bharath,

Thanks!

Will surely post the ownership review soon. And hopefully will fall in line with the rules without any more breaches!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks