Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 10:51   #1

Switching to the Fast Lane

Hey everyone, i'm Nathaniel and i'm so happy that i am finally a member of this family. I'm from Shillong and this is a place where most people treat their cars as an extended member of their families. I'm 25 and i'm working with my father.
I love driving and the roads here are filled with great corners and beautiful views.
Looking forward to knowing you guys.
Old 26th June 2012, 21:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Switching to the Fast Lane

Hi,
Welcome.

Hope to see lots of posts updating us about the roads in your neck of the woods. For starters, what news of the Shillong - W'Nagar - Tura road. I think last year, it was put on a fast track.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 27th June 2012, 14:27   #3
BHPian

Hello and Welcome nate !!

I hope you will have a good time here. East India is one of the most beautiful parts left in the country. We hope to see Shillong and nearby places with your eyes in the future.

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 27th June 2012 at 14:28.
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Welcome.

Hope to see lots of posts updating us about the roads in your neck of the woods. For starters, what news of the Shillong - W'Nagar - Tura road. I think last year, it was put on a fast track.

Regards
Sutripta
Thank you so much for your welcome. Yes we do have good roads out here and i'm planning to add many pics to the Best Roads in India Thread. As for your query, the work has been going out quite well and for most parts its motorable. But now during the rains its in a very bad condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Hello and Welcome nate !!

I hope you will have a good time here. East India is one of the most beautiful parts left in the country. We hope to see Shillong and nearby places with your eyes in the future.
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes be on the look out for pictures of our beautiful roads.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd July 2012 at 22:34. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 4th July 2012, 21:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
As for your query, the work has been going out quite well and for most parts its motorable. But now during the rains its in a very bad condition.
Hi,
Could you give details please.
Tura - W'Nagar was a carbreaker.
W'Nagar - Shillong: The road existed only on paper. I think two years back, it was made high priority, and its funding structure was changed. Could you find out what the reality is?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 13th July 2012, 21:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Could you give details please.
Tura - W'Nagar was a carbreaker.
W'Nagar - Shillong: The road existed only on paper. I think two years back, it was made high priority, and its funding structure was changed. Could you find out what the reality is?

Regards
Sutripta
Hey Sutripta, sorry it took me so long to get back to you about the highway. I went to the PWD to get more information about it, but as you know with all government offices in India they took their own sweet time to answer my simple question. As far as i 've found put, work is going at good pace till the West Khasi District Headquarter, i.e, Nongstoin because majority of trucks carrying coal ply through that part of the road. However, from there on its not so good as the people from the PWD told me that they are facing militancy problems in those areas. Sorry bro, this is all the information i could gather. And again i apologize that it took me so long because of the non-cooperative government servants. Anyway i will still try and gather as much information as i can.
nate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 19:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Hey Sutripta, sorry it took me so long to get back to you about the highway. I went to the PWD to get more information about it,
Hi,
Thanks a lot about the effort you put in.
The easiest (and accurate) way of finding out about road conditions is checking whether that road has a regular bus service or not, and asking the bus drivers. Next best are the taxis.

Regards
Sutripta
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks