Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 15:58   #1

Keep moving little driver, and say Hi

I am feeling good, pleased, and honored being a member of this forum, but no repetitions please!! Moderators say please search the forum before making any duplicate entry.

I started driving quite early at the age of 14, and to start with a white Ambassador which my uncle was using. First time when he was teaching me how to drive, I wanted to drive more and more, wanted to go miles on first day itself. He commented "You are not going to become a pilot in one day". And then, I never learned driving from anybody. Next day my journey started with a TATA 407 tempo, plus some bribe to our transport driver so that he should not teach me and should not leak my idea of learning by myself. Though after that, within an year, I was a proud owner of few slaps on my face and "Not Fit for Driving" certificate from my family because I dented my uncle's Maruti 800, and then our Maruti Zen twice, within an year.

But I continued my hidden driving trips alone in the night when everyone was sleeping (plus I kept singing the song "Yaar humari baat suno, aisa ek insaan chuno, jisne paap naa kia ho, jo paapi naa ho").

Completing 16 years of driving feels like a start only. Owned and drove many cars till now and not because I am very rich, but it was a part of succession of technology and my uncle is having a habit of changing cars (I inherited the same habit, just implemented on the companies I work with). I can recall the list what we had and have till now:

1996 - 1998: Ambassador
1998 - 2000: Maruti 800
2000 - 2002: Zen
2002 - 2003: Esteem + Tata Indica
2003 - 2008: Qualis

2008 - Present: Maruti Gypsy
2005 - Present: Maruti Swift Vxi

So at present, I owned two vehicles. Maruti Swift Vxi, 2005 model and Maruti Gypsy, 2006 model. At present, Maruti Swift has been taken as a gift by my wife (a gift I never said I will give to her, one fine day it was just taken) and Gypsy is being shared between me and my uncle.

Funny thing is, most of the time I find myself on my Royal Enfield bullet (2004 model) and I was told (and bound) to feel like in a two wheel Roadrazer car. My next move would be a Fiat Punto for myself, just waiting for its facelift model (if rumors are to be believed, it will launch in October 2012).

Something more to share: Someone told me once there are now three categories of people in this world. Men, women and IT people. I belong to 1st and III rd category, and I married to one IInd category person to make the family complete.

Now I have completed 16 years of my driving and an abide reader of Team-BHP, I think I should stick the sticker "I got BHP" on my car.

My sincere thanks and greetings to all the moderators, administrators and all BHPians to not only start this forum, but to make it where it stands today, a benchmark, indeed.

One quote I keep thinking about what George Carlin said “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

Hello Everyone!!
Hope you are doing well. Keep moving!!!
Old 15th July 2012, 22:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Keep moving little driver, and say Hi

hey welcome to the forum and have a nice time . the quote is apt and is true as well gypsy is a kool one to have . enjoy and keep revving
Old 15th July 2012, 22:46   #3

Thanks Alfa. Hope to learn a lot from here and to share the experience.

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2012 at 17:24. Reason: PM coming up
Old 16th July 2012, 18:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome sirji, Gypsy, the favourite govt. vehicle. No not making fun of you, I too love the gypsy, King. You sure have a good list of nice cars, and as most of the people would do, you too have started driving in one of india's favourites. I am wondering how come there is no premier padmini/fiat padmini in your list. Anyways enjoy your stay, share your experiences, Drive safe.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:41   #5

Hi Alpha,

After reading your warm welcome note, it is just striked my mind what I was missing till yet... A Padmini, indeed
And on a serious note, we are planning to have one soon, and will get the same modified. Will keep you posted about the progress.

Thanks again, for a welcome note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Welcome sirji, Gypsy, the favourite govt. vehicle. No not making fun of you, I too love the gypsy, King. You sure have a good list of nice cars, and as most of the people would do, you too have started driving in one of india's favourites. I am wondering how come there is no premier padmini/fiat padmini in your list. Anyways enjoy your stay, share your experiences, Drive safe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks