Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 14:13   #1
BHPian

umm...Good Morning!!

Hi. Made two attempts to joung TBHP in last 5 years and was made a member last year. Thanks Mods!! Apologise for not being around!! Work presuures.

Wanted to join desperately to seek help in buying a Diesel hatch/sedan and ended up buying Punto (have crashed it already last month and got it reinstated as well). Have owned Matiz, WagonR, Swift VDI and Spark (its still around) in the past.

Am 38, Civil Engineer with construction in making roads (and I know u guys wanna beat me to death -dont worry, have stopped doing it). Done an MBA, moved to world of project finance -worked with ICICI, Yes Bank, Feedback Ventures and am now with ILFS. Once again, worked on lots of road projects for funding (and getting broader and smoother highways for all of us, SQUARE)

Married, 2 kids, son is 6 n loves cars n more so the wheels (should be applying for a membership soon ), daughter is 1.5. loves whatever Bhaiyya does.

Passion is to love everything thats worth it. TBHP told me how to live one's passion. Starting today, maybe I shall be able to do it.

A big Hello to all of you!

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 17:05. Reason: PM coming up
modisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 15:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: umm...Good Morning!!

Welcome aboard Modisan,

How about starting a thread on "How roads are constructed" with some basic info?

Why is it that certain asphalt/tar roads degrade really quickly (especially in the monsoon) whereas others made of the same material last?

Clearly it has to do with some skimping in the ingredients or the process?

Also what are the advantages/disadvantages of concretized roads? Why are they chosen over asphalt?

More info in a new thread would be great!

cya around,
R
Old 20th July 2012, 15:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Modison, to the forum.
Mention of Feedback Ventures ringed bells in my ears
I work in a company which has been your client. I stay and work in Hyderabad.
Any bells ringing ?

Have a pleasant stay in the Forum, and do tell us more about new projects/financing details,major constraints in finishing a road project in time. Govt side issues, contractor side issues, etc which can be shared in public.

Would be looking out to hear from you.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 17:46   #4
BHPian

Thanks Rehaan for making my first post public, shall start a road thread as Roads remain a passion too

ManChau -Thanks for the welcome. Well, sorry for being rude but most of the clients (esp Infra/Highway Developers are in Hyd and if ever TBHP blames me for BAD roads, I'd direct them to you (pun intended) Seen your profile, will goto blog soon and we must make good friends!!! Cheers!!!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th July 2012 at 22:14. Reason: Typo corrected.
modisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

LOL!! Sure!

We work on your Feedbacks, so blame must be shared equally
Meanwhile, here is a thread I started for updating the status of new projects and other details. But couldn't follow it through.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...date-news.html

Would love to see you contribute.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:37   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

What a coincidence...I have some Feedback Ventures connections too, though from a long time ago- all have quit the company by now

Welcome to the forum modisan. You haven't shared what you drive- which is an unpardonable sin in T-BHP intros. Please do so at the earliest
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You haven't shared what you drive- which is an unpardonable sin in T-BHP intros. Please do so at the earliest
Well, noopster, he says that the Punto he had crashed has been reinstated - so that must me what he must be driving now

Welcome to the forum modisan. Even I am interested in knowing why some roads have a better life when compared to others, exposed to the same elements and traffic. Looking forward to your posts.
mallumowgli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 11:38   #8
BHPian

Sure FordManchau, have opened the thread and look forward to contributing, do tell me about your organisation

Tks Mallumowgli for the defense! Yes, I am driving the Punto as long as wife doesn't get irritated too m uch by kids. Last, she gave me the control of daughter on way back from Jaipur near HH chowk (this Sunday) and took to the steering. Ashi stopped screaming but I started!

Purchase of Punto was largely driven by feedback from TBHP and would surely post my buying experience as well as ownership but please do not keep high hopes (read my first post for reasons :( )

As for the roads quality -there are three strong factors - Design, Drainage and Developer's intention. In short, Jaipur - Delhi road LHS when coming from Jaipur is a failure on account of design (too much load on an originally 2-lane road), Most urban roads fail due to improper slope leading to improper drainage and third factor is self-explanatory

Hey Noopster, will surely detail my Punto ownership, am halfway through Anshuman's experience thread, will go through more and try to contribute to forum in its rightful spirit

One more thing: though I have been a member for almost an year and had tried posting a long intro then and there -which got deleted due to lost internet and could not dare write it again (nowadays I save in a new doc before hitting 'submit'), I started writing this week because of praise on IREF forum (India Real Estate Forum – shall bring the link if I find it). There are common members, was reminded of the action missing in life and thought maybe I shall start giving some time to my core interests once again!
Old 24th July 2012, 15:53   #9

Welcome, Modisan...

Indeed, NH8 have been overloaded like anything, hence failure on design. I am staying near Delhi-GGN toll and I have seen the rise of traffic density like anything in last 5 years. Even though not everyone is going to Jaipur, but considerably the commercial vehicles as well as the private one has been increased on NH8, and most of the road till Bombay (I preffer this over saying Mumbai) is still 2 lane (leave few stretches which has been revamped by NHAI).

Anyways, welcome again and enjoy the trip here.
Old 24th July 2012, 16:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good evening Modison!

Crashed your Punto before the first post? I am sure the crash is the result of either Gurgaon's traffic or its road. (I crashed my Swift a few days back).

Anyways, good to have you around. Will be in touch.

Sourabh
Old 24th July 2012, 20:17   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by modisan View Post
Hey Noopster, will surely detail my Punto ownership, am halfway through Anshuman's experience thread, will go through more and try to contribute to forum in its rightful spirit
Look forward to it
Quote:

One more thing: though I have been a member for almost an year and had tried posting a long intro then and there -which got deleted due to lost internet and could not dare write it again (nowadays I save in a new doc before hitting 'submit')...
<shameless plug> Please use our Assembly Line function to compose your threads at leisure without worrying about losing content </shameless plug>
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 12:32   #12
BHPian

Hi Saurabhzen and Gypswift for the welcome, shameless of me to have not thanked earlier, partially due to office LAN suddenly disallowing posting on forums. I rarely turn on system at home thanks to kiddies Today they are out playing so I took my time out!!!

Noopster, will need your help on assembly line, on going to relevant page, I only read its benefits, is it open to people after some seniority? Anyways, I have created a doc for myself for stuff that I need to post but don't feel like going back to it when am here.

Saurabh, NH-8 remains dreadful, am travelling to Jaipur often, by bus as well as car and find it still painful. Looking eagerly for the new expressway and would love to build a portion of it as well!

Gypswift, My Punto is having a run of bad luck for 6 weeks now. First, door smamshing at toll plaza U-turn, then Innova bang at the rear (leading to insurance claim), then side window cracking up all by itself, then a not-so gentleman scratching my 4 panels (have initiated a claium again, yet to get approval) and last, an Alto banging into the new hacth-door just two days back. Do suggest which Gods need to be pleased to keep it from further damage :(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks