Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 00:57   #1

An engineer by degree , manager by profession and an adrenaline junkie by passion.

First off - Thanks to the moderators for allowing me access to the community's forum , Appreciate it !

About me -
Most people go on a vacation and return relaxed and pampered after their beach resorts , massage and umbrella drinks , I belong to the kind that goes on a vacation and returns battered, bruised and tanned - from treks , motorcycle rides, offroads, paraglides, white water, bungee jumps etc. I am 32 years old , married, no kids and My dream adventures have been to sky dive into the deserts of rajasthan and scaling the mighty Mt Everest.
Fortunately for me the apetite for adventure has only increased after marriage for i found an alterego in my wife who loves doing things with me as I dribble with my adventures, though sometimes she only pretends to love it especially when i drag her to a rock/metal concert (well its fair cause i pretend to love it when i get dragged to a bollywood concert.) Though i am not an agressive guy by nature , I love listening to agressive tunes. my wife thinks it gels well with my energy levels. What does the USB play in my car? not a very wide range of genre really , Enjoy heavy stuff like ozzy, RATM, Audioslave, Led Zep and also lighter stuff like pink floyd , dire straits and some bollywood songs that are unplugged from singers like mohit chauhan ,kunal ganjawala or KK . However if it plays in my car its got to be a 320Kbps if not *.flac or a lossless CD, I also did the ICE in my car myself after refering the DIY section of this very site.
Though i don't drink or smoke , there is no pub that plays rock in the city that has not served me super chilled water. Most times i end up head banging the hardest and then chauffering my friends home.
Lastly (I apologise to passionate motorists) being a motorhead only comes to me as a byproduct of my adventures and my passion for travelling. I own the best SUV i could afford a TATA Safari dicor and a pulsar 150 for use when i feel like saving the enviornment by not driving alone in a 2.6 tonne vehicle. I also own a 1998 Maruti 800 which is now only waiting to age gracefully with me after 14 years of existence. It was my first car which i bought second hand 7 years ago and now she only spends time getting pampered in car spas and occasional weekend icecream drives.

So thats about me , By the way I am a die hard DIY man , so you folks can expect some DIY contributions from me especially around parts replacement and minor repairs on a Tata Safari , Bajaj Pulsar and Maruti 800. The last DIY i did was fitting an imported burglar alarm in my 800. Yes i know its 14 years old but given a choice i would offer the thief my 8 month old safari in return for my 14 year old 800 in a heartbeat. Safari is an excellent car but then First car is like first love. Even a rangerover cant replace my 800..errr on second thoughts maybe it can LOL

PS: I am posting a picture of my latest adventure from 2 weeks ago. A drive into the arabian sea , In the pic my wife is driving and was so excited she was switching gears to drive off to saudi arabia , thankfully before long she realised she has left the camera man behind, ME.

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd August 2012 at 08:28.
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: An engineer by degree , manager by profession and an adrenaline junkie by passion.

Thats a power packed intro. Looking forward to hearing more from you regarding your adventures in the travelogue/shifting gear section. And of course DIYs too. Enjoy the stay here!!
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: An engineer by degree , manager by profession and an adrenaline junkie by passion

Hi adithyakini,

Welcome aboard. You definitely sound like you will have a good time here

Also, please take a look at point #2 in this thread before continuing on the forum.

cya around,
R
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:03   #4
BHPian

Re: An engineer by degree , manager by profession and an adrenaline junkie by passion

That is one awesome intro. Have read similar ones for quite a while now.

Enjoy your stay here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks