Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2012, 20:52   #1
BHPian

FINALLY on tbhp ! Yeah! \m/

First a little about my journey to acceptance on the forum.
I've been visiting tbhp since 3 years I guess (Though saw it for the first time some 6-7 years ago but never bothered to come back, was a silly little kid ) . But it was only about 2 years back I decided to join after I saw even my non-motorhead friend (prateekm) was on the forum. Soon after I felt the need to post on the forum and ask you guys questions. So I tried to reigster. But wasn't accepted. Then I would forget tbhp for a while, and then someday again a doubt would come and I was back here, wishing I could post like all other members, and againt tried to register. Since these past 2 years, I tried many times but didnt get accepted untill now. God knows why Anyways I got accepted this time.

I'm really happy to finally be here.

So about me...
I'm Nikhil. I'm 18 years old. I've been into cars ever since I was a kid of 3-4 (?). I still remember th time when I was about 4, and my Mama would take me for a ride in his Maruti 1000 around the city, and point at cars and I'd name all of them.
At age 11 or so, I had decided that when I grow up, I'd be an Automobile engineer (Though after growing up u realize things wouldn't exactly be the way u want them to be). Over time, the interest in cars developed to a passion for automobiles before concluding into the eternal love it is now! One day, if possible, I'd like to make a car of my own, or atleast wanna open a modshop (IMO, the closest most people get to making a car of their own).
Outside of automobiles I have other interests. Machines, technology and computers being the obvious considering my liking for science and the fact that I'm a 2000's teen
Lately I've had deep interests in Real Estate, Investments, Money Making, and Business (The typial Bania in me woke up )
I always have a lot of questions and more often than not I tend to bug people beyond their tolerance with my good and not questions and doubts. Seeing the level of passion and knowledge many on the forum posses in regard to automobiles, I'm basically a noob here (Unlike my friend circle or my family, where I'm the "Car Guy" ). So I aspire to learn a lot from u all. And pardon me in advance If I irritate anyone.

Thanks for letting me in.

P.S. Sorry for the essaic write-up.

Mod Note: Read the forum rules before posting. You had used more than 10 smilies.
Old 9th September 2012, 23:28   #2
BHPian

Re: FINALLY on tbhp ! Yeah! \m/

Sorry for my excessive use of smileys. I would see to it from this post onwards. And now have read all the rules of posting.
Old 10th September 2012, 10:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum nikhilj. Good to see that you're of my age ( I turned 19 few days back )

So, you've started driving, right ?

Wish you a pleasant stay here, Take care and Do make yourself familiar with the forum rules.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 10th September 2012, 22:04   #4
BHPian

@Sameer
Great!

Of course, Yes! Have been driving since 1 and a half years now! (Apologies to the law-abiding). Stuck up with school exams so not able to go get my temporary license. Turned 18 only 5 days ago.

To Everyone on the forum,

This is to clarify that the "non-motorhead friend" of mine (prateekm) I mentioned to be on the forum before me is deeply hurt on being called so, and hereby I refer to him as "MOTORHEAD". And the credit is entirely to tbhp for turning him into one.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th September 2012 at 02:40.
Old 10th September 2012, 22:11   #5
BHPian

Non-motorhead? Bas ab chat pe mil tu

Anyway, I was just kidding dude. Welcome on TBHP. Meet you in the forums!
Old 11th September 2012, 00:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard nikhil. Hope to see some great contribution to the forum from all youngsters.
Take care and Enjoy the journey .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Good to see that you're of my age ( I turned 19 few days back )
BTW sameer, I am also 19 (though will turn 20 in some days).
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 20:51   #7
BHPian

Keep up the spirits guys. And don't let the rat race (read: IT, Money, etc) let you deviate away from this passion for automobile ! Look forward to the exchange of ideas.
Old 19th September 2012, 16:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Welcome aboard nikhil. Hope to see some great contribution to the forum from all youngsters.
Take care and Enjoy the journey .
Thank You! I sure wish to be a great part of the forum, but only after my 12th is over.
Old 4th October 2012, 01:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
Keep up the spirits guys. And don't let the rat race (read: IT, Money, etc) let you deviate away from this passion for automobile ! Look forward to the exchange of ideas.
Thank You! I'm always on for new ideas and exchange of knowledge!
Old 4th October 2012, 09:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP Nikhil. I am sure you will enjoy your time here and learn a lot.

Funnily enough most of us ardent "petrolheads" learnt to drive way before we turned 18 and most of us drove on public roads too. Not always a good idea but such is life.

With age and experience we have learnt that it is not as good an idea as it seems at the time. Please make sure you get a licence and proper experience before you take a vehicle out on the road. An accident is not just a risk to you, but to some other innocent person as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks