Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 15:19   #1
BHPian

got bhp? Yeah – I’ve got bhp!

It has been over a month since I received my membership approval and have been planning to write my introduction every weekend that never came (this reminds me of what my elders say – “Beta your generation has almost every comfort of life but do you have enough time to enjoy those comforts”). So here I am taking some time off my work day to finally introduce myself.

How I discovered team-bhp? In July 2010 I met with an accident on Delhi-Faridabad-Surajkund road on a rainy night. A Hyundai Verna coming from opposite direction could not negotiate a curve at high speed and banged into my new Honda City (ANHC). I managed to avoid a head on collision with him (thanks to ABS & I was within the speed limits) but he hit my car’s front right door and his car got stuck in the rear right door just above the wheel arch. It all happened in a flash and all I kept thinking was about my wife and my little princess (3 years old that time) who were in the back seat. My wife had some slight sprains due to the sudden jerk but all of us were fine.

This is when I started googling on what should I do. Read a lot on car accidents and repair jobs done by workshops to restore the shape of body panels. This is the time when I went through some accident related and various other threads on tbhp. I read up on a lot of advice (on tbhp and other sites) on what one should do which would be best for the car.

Since that day 2 years ago there hasn’t been a single day when I have not gone through team-bhp! My family complains that I am always on the phone, but no words can explain how addictive this forum is. I have always been fascinated by cars since I was a kid but ever since the discovery of tbhp my interest in cars has just increased. The immense level of knowledge being shared is just amazing.

About me: I am 34 years old and work as a solution architect in a leading software company in telecommunications domain based out of Gurgaon. Since my better half is a bhpian too, we are a tbhp couple (is this a first on tbhp or there are more tbhp couples?). My interests include (apart from cars) music – classic rock (big fan of U2, GnR, AC/DC), Nat Geo, Movies (Crime/thriller).

My Cars: We have had an Alto Lxi, Maruti 800, Esteem Lxi, and a Spark LT in the past. Currently we have a Vento TDI Highline and a Honda City iVtec (2010 model). Vento is my daily drive and my wife drives the City. And my dream car is the Skoda Yeti - makes me drool . I will try to put up Vento & City’s ownership threads in coming weeks.

Thanks to all the Mods for approving my membership and I hope to contribute my best to the community.

Jai Hind
Vikas Arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 15:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: got bhp? Yeah – I’ve got bhp!

Welcome onboard Vikas. Thats an excellent introduction. Crisp, Clear and you covered everything in a gist. Liked it a lot. I dont think you would be the first couple on Team-BHP. I think there are a few others too. But, I can say for sure its a rarity for sure

We have similar taste with respect to music and movies too.

Do go over to the forum rules section and read them up in detail before venturing out.

Have a pleasant stay here and hope to see you around the forum

Cheers
Mobike008
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 18:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Vikas Arora,

Welcome aboard. I enjoyed reading your intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
I managed to avoid a head on collision with him (thanks to ABS & I was within the speed limits)

Quote:
My family complains that I am always on the phone, but no words can explain how addictive this forum is.
Took me a while to put 2 and 2 together and figure out how this sentence made sense (these days of mobile internet!).

Quote:
Since my better half is a bhpian too, we are a tbhp couple (is this a first on tbhp or there are more tbhp couples?).
There's quite a few actually! In fact some times the wife gets her membership first and then teases the husband about it (I see your wife has a 6 month head-start on you)

Since you like the "Yeti" so much, here's a story that involves a Yeti and a Team-BHP couple : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...irst-time.html

Quote:
And my dream car is the Skoda Yeti - makes me drool
I have a feeling you'll own it soon.

Cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th September 2012 at 18:07.
Old 18th September 2012, 20:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard. I enjoyed reading your intro.

There's quite a few actually! In fact some times the wife gets her membership first and then teases the husband about it (I see your wife has a 6 month head-start on you)

Since you like the "Yeti" so much, here's a story that involves a Yeti and a Team-BHP couple : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...irst-time.html

I have a feeling you'll own it soon.
Thanks Rehaan!

My wife too got her membership before i got mine. In fact my membership was approved on second attempt and for few months i was everyday tortured with this fact

Thanks for the link. Anything related to Yeti is welcome. I have been following the Yeti review thread very closely. I was so close to buying one but finally decided against it due to after sales issues with Skoda India. I would have had to stretch my finances and i was just not wiling to risk it with Skoda's dealers (bought a VW Vento TDI instead). Sad part is that i don't see myself changing the car atleast for next 2-3 years and by that time current version of Yeti will be replaced.
Vikas Arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks