Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:36   #1
BHPian

Hey drivers!

Hey guys, I'm from Bombay.
I like my cars. Treat them with respect and they reward you. Like everything else in the world.
I drive a 2005 Hyundai Getz which has done 100,000km and just had its first major service, in which I got the clutch replaced and the suspension overhauled.
As well as a 2006 Hyundai Verna which has just completed 80k km Which now handles a little better after getting 195/60 tyres.
Contrary to what it looks like, I don't really like Hyundai. The cars are not as "solid" as their European counterparts and the steering is over-servoed. Giving me absolutely no feedback.

Also, I dislike diesel cars. I don't like the turbo lag below 1750rpm in manuals and I hate the torque curve. I prefer the smoothness of NA petrols.
You don't even get any revs to play around with. And they sound like cr*p!
The best diesel car I've driven is the E90 320d. The most overrated according to me is the Cruze.

I completely believe in buying secondhand cars and in a couple of years time I will buy a pretty cool car. Hopefully.
The best car that I have owned till date is the 2002 Opel Corsa 1.6
What a gorgeous car. The suspension was phenomenal. The steering was weighty with oodles of feedback.

So I'm about half decent at driving a car. I love my cars. I know a little about cars and I get my cars serviced from the best guy in town!

Cheers!
Old 26th September 2012, 12:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Hey drivers!

Hey mango welcome to Tbhp . you have quite your own views on this . all i want to know who is the best guy in town for servicing
Old 26th September 2012, 13:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
The best car that I have owned till date is the 2002 Opel Corsa 1.6
What a gorgeous car. The suspension was phenomenal. The steering was weighty with oodles of feedback.
Welcome aboard! That Corsa 1.6. My first love and I still love it. Never got a chance to own one though! Drive safe, wear seatbelts. Have a look around(get to know the rules), enjoy sharing knowledge.
Old 27th September 2012, 13:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard mango pal. I agree with you on the purchase of used cars. Provided the car is in good condition, there is nothing like a used car these days.

I also only drive petrol cars though I am being tempted these days thanks to the crazy price differential between petrol and diesel. It is just becoming harder on my pocket to justify driving petrol unfortunately. Driving experience is nice but when your bank account says to you, "help, replenish me before I die", you start to wonder.

Why did you sell your Corsa. My cousin actually has two corsa's. One a sedan and the other an estate. Other than the headache of spares for maintenance, they are brilliant cars. The biggest headache he has with them is the low GC, which is a nightmare on coorg roads.
Old 29th September 2012, 22:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Hey mango welcome to Tbhp . you have quite your own views on this . all i want to know who is the best guy in town for servicing
Haha. About the best guy in town, all I can say is that he's pretty well known and that as soon as I have 25 posts I will talk about him in the directory section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard mango pal. I agree with you on the purchase of used cars. Provided the car is in good condition, there is nothing like a used car these days.

I also only drive petrol cars though I am being tempted these days thanks to the crazy price differential between petrol and diesel. It is just becoming harder on my pocket to justify driving petrol unfortunately. Driving experience is nice but when your bank account says to you, "help, replenish me before I die", you start to wonder.

Why did you sell your Corsa. My cousin actually has two corsa's. One a sedan and the other an estate. Other than the headache of spares for maintenance, they are brilliant cars. The biggest headache he has with them is the low GC, which is a nightmare on coorg roads.
As long as you're thorough with research on the vehicle and estimate how much it will take to get it back into showroom condition, it should work out most of the time.
Petrol is expensive no doubt, but when your daily drive is under 15km with the occasional weekend getaway, it makes sense.
The Corsa was bought used and sadly it was one of those cases where it was just too much to maintain. We had it for 2 years and in that time we must have spent close to 1.5 lakhs on it and there were recurring issues. And at that time we didn't have a good guy to get the car serviced from. Now though, that has changed! Trying to get my hands on a clean one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks