Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 04:26   #1

Born with vehicles around...spent almost half of life on Roads in Maharashtra.

Hello Everybody,

I am Rhuturaj Bhalchandra Nilegaonkar, 25 yrs, born in Solapur but later shifted to Mumbai post my schooling in my Native Place. With a PG in Advertising, a Management Graduate and CBSE School life, my journey has been rough from Solapur to Mumbai.

My Dad was an avid rider, with his Yezdi which he kept for 25 years, sold in 2001, which naturally instigated wheel craze in me. Since my childhood I have been closely associated with trucks (Dad’s Transport Business) and have spent my vacations at highway garages and as a cleaner. Dad had 2 Tata 407s and 2 Tata 608s, this was family business and suffered losses due to misunderstandings. Around 1998-99 Mahindra launched this Maxx vehicle which completely threw us out of the business. Losses and Repayment of loans bought a beggar like conditions in our family. A hard and troublesome life was written in my destiny with that Mahindra’s Launch, you all have a example now for how the technology can kill the tradition of transport which obviously brings in betterment in transportation. Mother being in Railways, travelling and transport has been my all time passion. Certainly this background stimulated immense respect for vehicles of any type.

Dad always said “You take care of all parameters of your vehicle, she will never ever betray you, respect the steering, touch the gear with your heart, love the paddles, feel the tyres, vehicle is your body and breathe with the engine, you will be the most charming driver ever”.

As this thought enhanced me to explore the peak levels of all the wheels which I bought for myself, I always named them personally to connect myself to them. I started feeling the roads with my sister’s cycle which I could get only when she came from her school; I used to wash it first before riding. Later on, Mom gifted me Hercules with Gear cycle. Knowing the technicalities where always my need to understand the machine.

As I grew, Dad bought Bajaj Boxer CT 100 in 2001, Maruti Wagon R Vxi in 2002, then Hero Honda CD-Dawn 2003, a Bajaj Scooter (Second Hand 1992 Model) in 2004, all these bikes were in Solapur and are still there, I was never aware that I could have better options like CBZ and Karizma. I moved to Mumbai in 2002, and I was shocked to see so many cars and bikes, I wondered what cars are these and must be really costly. Life was difficult in Mumbai as a new comer, with lots of troubles and hassles to go through. But my strong urge of learning new things, new friends and exploring Mumbai to the core gave me enough insights on driving around. As a growing kid, and being trained by truck drivers with 35-40 years of experience taught me the best way of driving my Wagon R in the town.

I am all time wanderer, so had to make this bike a Highway Ruler, Highway Culture was not new to me, but roaming like a free soul was a new experience all together. Looks of the bike were never a need for me, but the performance to the peak level was indeed was a must rule. To go on a Highway, I always made sure that the bike is in the Top condition as I had to follow what my Dad always said. I customized the bike to suit my Highway needs, below are the modifications which I did to my Bike:

1. Imported OG Pirrelli All-weather Racing Tyres (Front 110/90 17" and Rear 140/90 17")
2. Half Cut Light Weight Head Unit with HID Headlights ( W Shape Super Night Vision)
3. Imported Irridium 299cc Spark Plugs for Thick and Sutained Ignition @ High Speeds...Avg. 135+.
4. Power Chords-Sparkplugs for Efficient Supply for Better Combustion
5. K&N Filters
6. Double Fill Filling Done on Single Gas Nitrox Shock Absorbers (Rear) X 2
7. Extended Rear Chasis Cradle for Increased Length.
8. Strictly Synthetic Oil has been used for the Bike Engine from day 2.

Had heard somewhere that Free Flow Silencers and changes in the bore block size kills the life of the bike, which I will never install, my perception can be wrong so please forgive me for this.

Thank you Very Much BAJAJ!!! Proudly yelling “HAMARA BAJAJ!”

I am almost done with this bike and I have kept her resting, will be used only in emergencies. Performance Bikes are much more faster than the cars in Maharashtra, though it comes with highest risk factor and the Golden Rule of “Nazar Hati, Doorghatna Ghati” scenario. A single mistake is a final mistake, so no glimpse for that greenery around, only that black road is what your eyes should always read.

I have finally managed to quit my job and have started my own Rent a Car company in Mumbai, only for travel between Mumbai and Pune. I have bought this Maruti Versa Eeco with CNG, and somehow managing to get around only 10 trips/customers per month(Currently in the 2nd month). When I tried to network with the agents and agencies, the real insight of Customer Centric Service Company is dying in itself. I am a pure business mind with a true sense of social welfare, personally have been associated with NGOs working for MR children. (As I have my elder brother who is severely challenged.) I look forward to ensure best ethical practices in the tourist car industry which needs a lot of standardization, accountability, responsibility and legislative impositions.

Operational hard work, ethicalness, patience and trust in God are the only things I have.

Finally, I am looking forward towards Team-BHP for providing me the best technical knowledge for the required upgrades in the car, for the most cost efficient way, as every single Rupee will count on the Financial Statements.

It is finally the vehicle which brings us home and a smile for the people waiting for us! Exchange of Love and respect between you and your vehicle is what we have learnt from our values. We all should preserve it today, for the next generation!

Team-BHP, you all are the best people to have around, and I am proud of Team-BHP for creating this noble platform for Indian Vehicle Scene.

Namaskar!

Note from Team-bhp support: High speed references and dangerous driving is not permitted on Team-bhp. We request you to go through the board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2012 at 15:12. Reason: PM coming up
rhuturaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 15:10   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Born with vehicles around...spent almost half of life on Roads in Maharashtra.

Welcome Rhuturaj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuturaj View Post
Since my childhood I have been closely associated with trucks
Hope to see you active in our Commercial Vehicles forum!

Quote:
Life was difficult in Mumbai as a new comer
Unfortunate, but true. Mumbai can be very harsh on newbies.

Quote:
Had heard somewhere that Free Flow Silencers and changes in the bore block size kills the life of the bike, which I will never install, my perception can be wrong so please forgive me for this.
Please search through the forum, often covered

Quote:
my own Rent a Car company in Mumbai, only for travel between Mumbai and Pune.
Congrats!

Quote:
I look forward to ensure best ethical practices in the tourist car industry

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2012 at 15:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks