Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:58   #1

Hello to all fellow BHPians

Let me begin the post by thanking Mods for approving my request to join T-bhp.

About me:I am 30yr old guy, from Aurangabad but Andhraite from heart and birth. I have seen lot of T-bhp members from S/W, or buisnessmen, but I havent seen anybody from the scientific community. Hence i may be one of those rare species who dream about Proteins and cars at the same time.
Science has always been my passion and I never wondered it would earn me my bread.
I have never had liking for these 2/4 wheeled machines. The only reason I learnt to use them is for the sake of saving my legs from falling apart and moreover I had resreved them for better purposes.
I am a late starter, I learnt to ride bi-cycle when I was in my class 9. needless to say bikes were worst (in Class XII). I always used to see my pals go vrooom on their machines but my harmones never got kicked.
After a lot of persuassion, my Dad agreed to buy me bike, but only on one condition....(dads will be dads)....sigh.....and I said OK, but only one condition OK. He said something llike this:
Dad: "You should never ride at high speeds and no rash driving buisness and no mods and no wheeling acts and always helmet yourself and no girls on backseat and ....."
Me: Is this one condition?
Dad: I am not done yet.
Me: No zapping, No mods, No girls, No....give me a break dad. I am still human being.
Dad: You know Sharmaji son has topped his class......
Me: I understood, this is going nowhere, I gave up.
That was in back in 2003. So i had to wait and got my first bike in 2006, and this time there was only one rule:
Me: Dad you keep away from this.
Dad: but son....
Me: Bye Dad.
That was hyderabad, then moved to in IT city-Namma bengaluru for the next 5 years and now to Aurangabad.
Now that I am setteled I decieded to spread my wings a little more and got myself an 2012 Swift code named "Jazz". as Honda Jazz-Heart wanted it, but brain said Swift. So now both are happy.
This was the time I came across T-BHP, after reading tonnes and tonnes of reviews and ownership experiences, I got myself addicted to T-bhp. From HV Kumar sir's travelouges to Laluk sir's pics. I read them all, till my boss started shouting at me for loss of productivity and my wify yelled at me for ignoring her.
Thats me folks...
Once again thanking Mods for approving my request.
cya,
CB
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello to all fellow BHPians

Prime,
Welcome abroad!!
Looking forward to seeing your ownership report of the Swift.

Wish you many miles and smiles!!!
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, prime. Please go through the rules so that you have a pleasant stay here.

Hmm, so a late starter to the world of wheels and automobiles. Don't worry, we all need to start sometime and generally the later we start, the more we tend to want to learn. You are in good company of a lot of petrol heads and can learn a lot
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 23:40   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum, buddy. Nice to have a scientist around. Being a late starter does not mean you are not swift.
Enjoy your life, automobile and Team, in any order of your choice!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks