Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 23:24   #1
BHPian

Finally taken the plunge..

After 5 long years being a silent reader of this group, I have finally found enough courage to take the plunge to register myself. I have taken a lot from this group, during planning of my road trips, for the PDI of my vehicles and general understanding of the automobiles.

I was rather a late entrant into the world of automobiles; my parents never had a car. Ever since I got my first vehicle - a BSA SLR - during my school days, I discovered that exploring new routes was my passion; which I continue even now. I was born and brought up in Thiruvananthapuram, graduated in Chennai and established my career in Software in Hyderabad. In 1999, I bought my first vehicle - a Hero Honda Splendor which I still own. I used to have a gang of friends who used to go out on long drives around Hyderabad on our bikes covering Bidar, Warangal, Nagarjuna Sagar, Karimnagar etc.

My first four wheeler was a d which I got in 2003 which I sold about 2 weeks back. I have had great sweet memories with this car; it gave me the freedom and confidence to take up multi-day long road trips. This was the era before team-bhp, google maps and NHDP's super highways. But still I have covered places like Mahabaleswar, Puttaparthi, Belum Caves, Vijayawada, Aurangabad, Ajanta, Ellora, Lonar, Basar, Nagarjuna Sagar and Srisailam from Hyderabad. The longest I have driven this time was from Hyderabad to Thiruvananthapuram and back that too with our 6 month old baby.

We bought our second car, a Mahindra Xylo E6 in 2009. Our saga of road trips continued. With this in our stable, it became easy for our extended family - our parents or in-laws to join us on our trips. Some of the longer trips we have done in Xylo are Warangal, Hampi, Coorg, Jog Falls, Gokarna and Ankola.

I have also driven around in Southern California, to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon during my short visits to the US. And our only major accident throughout my driving life happened out there (Luckily no one was injured but the car had heavy damages.)

I do have a good sense of directions and can navigate well as I drive. Some of my friends have told me that I have a compass inside my head. If any of you needs route information to get around in and around Hyderabad, please feel free to buzz me. Hoping to give something back to the forum..
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 08:44   #2
BHPian

Welcome aboard rknair!! A well written intro there.

Please go through the rules of the forum & have a pleasant stay on T-BHP. Looking forward to interact with you especially in the travelogues section.

Regards,
Rufus
Old 28th November 2012, 09:27   #3
BHPian

Re: Finally taken the plunge..

Thanks Rufus. I have read the forum rules more than once and the discipline maintained by the mods and the forum users is the reason this forum beckoned me to come back again and again. Would love to contribute in the travelogues, just waiting for some free time to put my thoughts together. Last few weeks have been crazy at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
My first four wheeler was a d which I got in 2003 which I sold about 2 weeks back.
Somehow my first four wheeler's name came out as d . It is a Fiat Palio NV Sportz.
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair
Thanks Rufus. I have read the forum rules more than once and the discipline maintained by the mods and the forum users is the reason this forum beckoned me to come back again and again. Would love to contribute in the travelogues, just waiting for some free time to put my thoughts together. Last few weeks have been crazy at work.

Somehow my first four wheeler's name came out as d . It is a Fiat Palio NV Sportz.
Ah! One more Fiatian :-)
Do you still have the Palio with you?
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M

Ah! One more Fiatian :-)
Do you still have the Palio with you?
No I sold it just a month back.
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed