Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 20:28   #1

Greetings from Dehradun & Lucknow

Hello to all BHPians,

It feels simply awesome to be a part of this wonderful community.

I am Nilay K. Srivastava residing with my family in Dehradun. The greetings from two places 'Dehradun & Lucknow' come because my home town is Lucknow.

I was born and brought up in Dehradun. I am currently pursuing my bachelors in Automotive Design Engineering from University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun.I am a final year student and will be joining MSIL next year in June.

As far as autmobiles are concerned i'm known to be a big freak amongst my family members. All this started from when i was a 2 year old. Infact such was my infatuation with all sorts of machines that i had a habit of keeping a screwdriver in my pocket at all times. After my schooling I got a chance to turn my passion for automobiles into a career, hence i landed up in UPES to pursue automotive design engineering. I am also a gadget freak and hence my passion for machines extends itself to the domain of electronics and computing as well.

Among other interests of mine apart from automobiles are reading, surfing the net(like any collegiate) and playing badminton.

I currently drive a Maruti Suzuki ALTO LX(2003 variant) and own a 2010 Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG4 edition. My dream car is a Volkswagen Vento 1.6 TDI CR highline which i think i should be able to buy on my own in around 2016.

Thank you and keep revving

Nilay

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th December 2012 at 07:29.
Old 6th December 2012, 23:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Greetings from Dehradun & Lucknow

welcome here Nilay

Piyush
piyush350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 10:05   #3
BHPian

Welcome on board! Enjoy your stint on TeamBHP!
I was born in Lucknow and was bought up at Allahabad.
599gto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 14:24   #4
BHPian

Welcome Nilay. My hometown is Dehradun and incidentally I stay near to your institute when I am home.

Have fun
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 14:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, Nilay. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.

Glad to see that you are following through on your passion and working (next year onwards) in a field that you love
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 17:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the team Nilay. Nice to see another Doonite joining the gang.
I really miss riding to mussoorie and the nearby places, though Bangalore has the best weather for riding almost throughout the year.
Have a wonderful time here.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 23:54   #7

Thanks all!

And yes I'm still getting myself accustomed to the forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Welcome Nilay. My hometown is Dehradun and incidentally I stay near to your institute when I am home.

Have fun
Hey! Nice to know acroback that you stay close to UPES! It feels good to see a bunch of Doonites here on TBHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Welcome on board! Enjoy your stint on TeamBHP!
I was born in Lucknow and was bought up at Allahabad.
Lucknow is home to me, though I've been almost brought up completely in Dehradun, yet I still have my roots proudly in Lucknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, Nilay. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.

Glad to see that you are following through on your passion and working (next year onwards) in a field that you love
Thank you! yes I will make it a point to go through the forum rules(I have already done it once - but going through it once again would definately be better)

And yes I consider myself among the really lucky few who get to pursue their field of passion as a career!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Welcome to the team Nilay. Nice to see another Doonite joining the gang.
I really miss riding to mussoorie and the nearby places, though Bangalore has the best weather for riding almost throughout the year.
Have a wonderful time here.
Well its been 2 years since I got my Pulsar but even I have not been able to find time to ride uptil Mussoorie even once.

I have been to Banagalore once and that was last year in the month of August. Its a wonderful place with an exceptionally good climate and ambience.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th December 2012 at 00:53. Reason: Pls see next post
Old 16th December 2012, 00:53   #8
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support :

Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. .

Further violation of rules will attract infraction(s) on your account.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 23:09   #9
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Nilay ! Glad to find yet another Doonite on the group.

Please go through the rules of the forum.

And indeed there are many getaways in Doon that I'm sanguine you'd love to explore. Driving on the twisties up to Mussoorie & beyond with breeze in your hair(& a song in your heart) is best savoured on a two wheeler. Of course you'd be better advised to be aware of some holidaymakers who haven't the foggiest notion of Hill-driving etiquettes; best to give them a wide berth.

There are a lot of places in and around Doon that you'd have visited - Paonta Sahib & Aasan Barrage (& Bird Sanctuary) are a mere 40 min drive from your college. Then you have the magnificent Mussoorie, Hathipaon, Clouds End, Chakrata, Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba, Nalapani Fort, Dakpathar, Kalsi, Tehri Dam, Dhanaulti etc all ranging between a few minutes to a few hours' driving reach from where you stay.So I guess, some freewheeling and happy exploration would be in order (not at the cost of your studies of course!)

Once again, welcome to the forum & happy driving !

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 18:16   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Welcome to the forum Nilay ! Glad to find yet another Doonite on the group.
================
Once again, welcome to the forum & happy driving !

Cheers !
Thank you!

I have been to most of the above mentioned places except for Lal tibba, Nalapani Fort and Chakrata. Will plan out after my End Semester exams that are ending tommorow.
Old 17th December 2012, 21:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilaykmrsr View Post
Thank you!

I have been to most of the above mentioned places except for Lal tibba, Nalapani Fort and Chakrata. Will plan out after my End Semester exams that are ending tommorow.
There are a whole lot of places to see and explore in and around Doon. And since you've spent your growing years there , I'm sure you'd have visited a most of them. Doon is best enjoyed on a two wheeler, and as I said in my earlier post, everything is between half an hour to two hours away (Kalsi-Chakrata-Kanasar-Tyuni circuit may be a little more) so a two wheeler is quite convenient. There are a whole lot of vistas waiting to be seen - so saddle up & explore !

Here are a few driving destinations ion and around Doon you could try (if you haven't already):-

1. Robbers Cave
2. Shekhar Falls
3. Hathipaon-Clouds End -Dudhli-Bhadraj Temple (Dudhli- Bhadraj is a 3 hour trek, but worth the effort)
4. Rishikesh-Narendranagar-Tehri-Mussoorie circuit
5. Kalsi-Chakrata-Kanasar-Tyuni-Chakrata-Nagthat-Sainji-Kempty-Mussoorie circuit over 2-3 days.
6. Rishikesh-Neelkanth
7. Santala Devi (last portion is a 40 min trek to the temple)
8. Dhanaulti-Surkanda Devi
9. Nahan - Jamta

Drive safe

Cheers !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks