Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2004, 19:59   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey People,

I have just switched lanes from http://groups.msn.com/FormulaIndia. My nick there was M5, and we had that MSN group going strong for almost a year. With 65 members and 10000 + posts, all of the FormulaInders were unanimous in voting for an exclusive domain/address where we could come and park our turbo-charged personalities. We have really had a strong following at FormulaIndia, and hope that team-bhp will garner an even bigger response. Having made some amazing friends from the msn group, I can only hope for more to come from team-bhp. *

I am from Bombay, and an Mba from Boston. Petrol has flowed in my veins since as far back as I can remember, and this passion for all things automotive has only grown stronger by the minute.

Currently I drive a C-Class and a custom-modified Mahindra 4x4. If you had to ask me to choose one of them, it would undoubtedly be the latter - I spent 4 months rebuilding her from an absolute mess and today, the results are for all to see. The Jeep really is an extension of my own self.

Among all the cars I lust after, the topmost are the Ferrari 288 GTO, the Mercedes Benz 560 SEL (W126 series), the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI and the Ferrari Enzo.

Take it easy,

GTO

GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2004, 14:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi fellows!
Most of you already know me and some of you have even met me. Yes, I'm the same prankster who's been running around on Formulaindia. At 27, I'm probably the "old man" of this forum. Profession? Well, I'm screwing up the accounts and tax matters of an engineering firm. I love cars especially big and fast ones - this passion started since I was born. I drive a '96 Contessa currently. I would like to own a Jag XJS convertible, an XJ220 and a good old Ferrari F40 someday. Other cars I love are the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Jag XJR, Merc 560SEL & SEC and RR Silver Spirit.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2004, 03:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys!!!
I'm Deepankar but Dippy as all know me as. Working as a graphics designer in Mumbai and also writing for Bombay Times, Auto India, Jam and other mags as a hobby extending my passion for automobiles. Cars have been a part of my life since my very childhood. I have had the good fortune to experience the world's finest automobiles since I spent my childhood in Dubai. Cars ignite passion in me especially the exotics from Italy. Currently I drive a Zen and hope to own a Ferrari or a Lambo one fine day in my life. Other desirable cars for me include the Jaguar XJS, the 500 SEL, BMW M5, Range Rover SE to name few. Hey GTO really feels great to have our own den on the WWW. A big Thums Up for your efforts and I hope our dream to set up a Team bhp racing team comes true as well.

Cheers
Dippy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2004, 05:25   #4
BHPian

hey guys, i have introduced myself in a earlier post, but just wanted to congratulate GTO/M5 on this beautiful website that he has setup. This is the kind of place I had been looking for to discuss with my fellwo indians about cars and cars in india.. this is awesome..

I would love to be an active member and someday meet u guys while i am in bbay.

Gotta go study for this stupid final I didnt take last sem and have a coverup this wed.

before I go, just listing my all time fav:

XJ220, F355, Diablo, prev gen 7 series, latest M3, older M5, Murcie, 360, F50, Mc Laren, F40, Testarossa, 911 GT2, latest S, SL(prev and new), CL, Vanquish, 1967 Shelby Mustang (elenor), Shelby 1 and few more..

but the ones i would just love to own are the XJ220, F50, CL and Elenor..keep a watch out for me..someday you will c these with me crusing in them on delhi roads

_Crazi4Speed_
Old 29th February 2004, 18:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

hi fellas ,

this is a great site u have come up with ...absolute bliss to come in here and discuss with u guys abt the loves of our lives.

well i dont have lotssa know how abt cars and their history..but i will learn real fast with guys like u around....

wud definitely like to meet u guys ..for kebabs and beer

cheers

and congrats on a job well done
normally_crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2004, 19:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Normally Crazy

We hope that we can add to your knowledge in the days to come. And add to all those who love cars but don't have the right people to talk to, discuss about and learn from. This has been the endeavour of a few of us who have gone through the treacheries of other websites, messageboards for the past 2+ years for indian car enthusiasts, but have failed to be excited enough. Its been our dream since really long to have our own website and now finally we are able to do justice to our passion.

Frankly, we hope to make it India's most loved motor website and messageboard. All we need is support and torque from people like you to keep our wheels spinning.

Till then keep revvin

Revvmaster
Admin
Revvmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2004, 23:31   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I second that, revvmaster. Could not have put it any better myself.

A warm welcome to Normally Crazy

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2004, 04:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
It's me....that same old, Vtec loving Shan2nu. I'm currently doin a course in Fine Arts at "Chitrakala Parishath", Blore.

I've always loved cars but, it wasn't until we bought the Vtec did i start taking interest in the technical aspect of it.

These 2.5 years with the Vtec has not only made me a better and more confident driver but, has also given me a sense of reponsility and maturity.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks