Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 15:34   #1

It’s awesome to be able to write here

Hello Folks,
I am working as a Business Analyst - FSI Domain in an IT Organisation in Pune.
I feel excitement as I begin to pen down my Introduction. I am a newbie driver, started driving only a year ago and that too because my spouse was going out of country for 1 whole year. A driving reluctant person for so many years (read 28), I tried all possible options that could keep me off steering wheel. I tried keeping driver(s) but their driving scared me, I tried public transport but It wasn’t reliable, tried taking auto everyday (Puneites may know what trouble it is) but nothing seemed to work for me. Finally I decided that it’s high time I start driving.
I still remember those days when I had no option but to start driving and I was reluctant (honestly scared) to venture out driving all alone. My spouse taught me the basics for almost 2 weeks and had left already. So it was just me and my car left here to start getting used to each other. Initial 2 months were tough with no one to guide and not even to fall back upon in case some mishap happened. But today I thank God that It happened to me. Total absence of a support system gave me immense strength. I have been driving for a year and a half now, and it’s been a great experience till now.
I have so much fallen in love with driving; I have taken several short trips around Pune since then. Hubby is also back and so my range has increased However, we both compete for driving at the best stretches now, am sure he must be hating me for that.
I have followed Team-BHP with my spouse (he is an avid follower of this forum), so when I got the membership I didn’t know how to react :P as he is not a member yet. I am here to learn and share. We both do lot of road trips and am super excited that now I have a forum where I can share my experiences on road.
Best wishes to all fellow Team-BHPians, Drive Safe and Stay Happy.
Thanks,
Manasi

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th December 2012 at 15:38. Reason: removed [FONT] tags. Please avoid typing and copying from external editors
manasimehrotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 20:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: It’s awesome to be able to write here

Welcome onboard, Manasi. We have quite a few women enthusiasts here but they tend to go into hiding every now and then. Dont know why.
But its good to see their numbers growing.
Here's wishing you many happy miles.
Old 10th December 2012, 21:24   #3
BHPian

Well done Manasi! My wife is also gearing (if you will excuse the pun) to learn driving, what with our new car on the way. I hope she takes to it like fish takes to water. Just as you did.
Old 11th December 2012, 17:52   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Welcome onboard, Manasi. We have quite a few women enthusiasts here but they tend to go into hiding every now and then. Dont know why.
But its good to see their numbers growing.
Here's wishing you many happy miles.
Thank You Amit, I hope to stay here for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider77
Well done Manasi! My wife is also gearing (if you will excuse the pun) to learn driving, what with our new car on the way. I hope she takes to it like fish takes to water. Just as you did.
Thanks KnightRider77 - Also wishing All the best to your wife

Last edited by Zappo : 11th December 2012 at 20:53. Reason: Consecutive posts merged. Please use the multiquote feature. Visit the announcements section for important forum notes.
Old 11th December 2012, 18:50   #5
BHPian

Many congratulations Manasi. It is super-duper to have an ever growing representation of the fairer sex around the forum. Brings some interesting perspectives and flavor around T-BHP; just like your introductory report does.

Welcome aboard and here's to a rewarding and enriching experience around the community. Remember to drive safe!

And btw, kudos on beating your husband to the membership as well!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 20:25   #6
BHPian

welcome to the forum Manasi.
do go through the rules in the "announcements" section.
enjoy your stay here and hoping to read some great travelogues.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 20:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasimehrotra View Post
Thank You Amit, I hope to stay here for long
Cool!

Oh by the way, use multi-quote when responding to multiple posts, instead of back to back posts, to avoid a rap on the knuckles from the Mods!
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 10:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, manasi. Always nice to see women members as it gives the forum a much broader viewpoint.

Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

It is a shame that you were not keen to learn to drive until circumstances forced it on you. I learnt and used to drive way before I was legally entitled to do so, but really have to thank my mom for that. Bred a love of vehicles in me that has only gotten stronger as I have aged.

Look forward to some nice TL's where am sure hubby and you will be fighting for the steering wheel

Last edited by pganapathy : 12th December 2012 at 10:48.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 12:36   #9

Hello Manasi, great to see yet another girl aboard the forum. Read your intro and must say have a lot to relate to it.

Great to know that you have dived fully into driving which I must say is still ocassional (my hubby though prompts me often) but hope to regularise sometime in the near future.

And as far as participation of women in TBHP goes, there are sections and posts that might not be of serious interest to us but again there are others such as Travelogues which one can get glued very regularly especially if one is a traveller or loves travelling and seeing new places.

Welcome again and hope to interact more in coming times.
benzbeemers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 14:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Manasi! Good to see your tribe <read : Female enthusiasts> growing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasimehrotra View Post
in an IT Organisation in Pune.
I genuinely hope you are in some other part of Pune and spared the daily grind at postal code 411 057.

Have fun and enjoy your time here on TBHP!
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 16:40   #11
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP ! Good to see more Pune members.

In my case, my wife was comfortably driving even before I enrolled for driving school.
radek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 19:07   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post

It is a shame that you were not keen to learn to drive until circumstances forced it on you.

Look forward to some nice TL's where am sure hubby and you will be fighting for the steering wheel
Thanks pganapathy, hey but it's not shameful I have stayed away from home since I was 18 and we bought our car only 2 yrs ago. So lack of opportunity also.
We are preparing for a 3000km round trip in dec end and hopefully will have some interesting travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbeemers View Post
Welcome again and hope to interact more in coming times.
Yes, we must. Thanks for encouragement.

[quote=sajo;2988222]

I genuinely hope you are in some other part of Pune and spared the daily grind at postal code 411 057.

I am very much in same part of Pune, luckily manage to escape the grind by reaching office as early as 8 and returning back by 5.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks