Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 01:14   #1
BHPian

Introduction, Finally!

Hello BHPians,

I am a 32 year old Software engineer from Pune/Belgaum. I have been a member for 5 years now, and I am finally introducing myself 5 years later. Seeing a few introductions lately, I thought it is never too late. I am not a good writer and have been an introvert most of my life [ that's changing now, hoping for the best ]

I like to travel and mostly know about places and routes to reach there. In my friend circle, I am the planner, route and destination guide, sometimes i wish I could turn this into my profession.

On the automative front, I was introduced to the Splendor in college[1999], and I have travelled extensively in Belgaum, Goa, Savantawdi, Vengurla section on the Splendor. Have been to Goa via most possible routes [including a 'NO' road between Khanapur to Anmod not via Ramnagar, now this is a different story]. Since I got a job, I sold the Splendor and bought the Pulsar 150 DTSI [Jan 2005] and then travelled mostly around Pune [the numerous beaches and most of the different routes to get there, Malshej etc]. Planned the Ladakh circuit and persuaded my friends for company, but then I had to opt out in lieu for onsite opportunity, did this twice [I wonder if it was the right thing to do] On the brighter side at least my friends went there and had a good time. This is still in my wish list and i will be there soon.

I self introduced myself to 4 wheels when I bought my first car [ and to Sai Motor driving school, Pune], the Hyundai Santro XO in Oct 2007 [Onsite money helped here.] Within a month of learning to drive I hit the NH4 from Pune to Belgaum [with an experienced friend along with me to help on highway driving], after that there were numerous trips to Belgaum, most parts of Goa, the Konkan coast, Karwar. The longest I have travelled was from Pune to Jog Falls and back to Pune in 3 days about 1600Kms in total. Currently my odometer reads 60K in 4 years, nothing much compared to what I have read on this forum.

Now I am looking for a new car with priority given to GC , I say this because there are places where I had to either turn back or park and take a walk [I have been to places where others have not taken their small cars.]

I have been following the Duster and Eco-sport threads closely and now I am reading through other vehicles like Thar, used Gurkha's, MM540 etc [don't know much about these, reading about them, but my wife would say no for these for sure ]. Will do TD's when i am back in India. Till then the research continues.

Cheers,

Swapnil
swapnilup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Introduction, Finally!

swapnilup, Welcome abroad and wish you a pleasant stay at team-bhp.
Looking forward to your travel experiences in the travelogues section!!
Old 2nd January 2013, 07:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Introduction, Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
I am finally introducing myself 5 years later. I am not a good writer and have been an introvert most of my life [ that's changing now, hoping for the best ]
Glad you finally decided to pen down an introduction, I can understand your hesitation, but please do not look down in calling oneself introvert.

Introvert's soak a lot of knowledge and experiences around them before they start expressing. Glad that this forum taught you something.

Apart from letting people express ideas in a reasonably anonymous way, this forum also helps in keeping one grounded and not consider self's ideas as the ultimate. One repeatedly comes across better and more saner thoughts expressed openly and sportingly on the forum which helps in widening their perspective.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd January 2013 at 07:09.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Glad you finally decided to pen down an introduction, I can understand your hesitation, but please do not look down in calling oneself introvert.

Introvert's soak a lot of knowledge and experiences around them before they start expressing. Glad that this forum taught you something.

Apart from letting people express ideas in a reasonably anonymous way, this forum also helps in keeping one grounded and not consider self's ideas as the ultimate. One repeatedly comes across better and more saner thoughts expressed openly and sportingly on the forum which helps in widening their perspective.
Thank you, I have already come across such things here. I kind of agree to your thoughts on introverts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks