Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 14:27   #1

What A Monday

Happy New Year and Happy Sankranti to All.

I just cannot recall when a Monday got me so excited and charged up. Have been going through team-bhp over a year and now being a part of it makes me so proud ( today i can put the bhpian sticker on my 4x4). My name is Jasminder Singh Khurana but dad gave me a nick name "jimmy" and this is what i am called with by my friends n dear ones, as when i was born Jimmy Carter became the president of U S of A.

I am from Belgaum, North Karnataka (Known as a retirement home in 80's as it was surrounded by nature all over) but now its a different story and the town has been growing beyond control. I have completed diploma in automobiles and into transport business started by dad in 70's when he settled here in search of work, along with transport business, i manage a petrol pump which we opened a couple of years back. My heart says bikes but i love and just cannot part with 4-wheel's. I ride a rd350, rx100, classic500 and drive a swift vdi and a just bought Fortuner (After sleepless nights of confusion & dreaming about a 4x4), though i do have an endless list of dream bikes and cars which i like to own or ride/drive.

Apart from work, love for automobiles, i am passionate about nature and into wildlife photography, especially birds. Once a week i do make it a point to travel into the woods, as it rejuvenates me. I do carry my gear to work as when i get the time, i just drive off in search of wildlife. I am married and blessed with 2 son's. I am lucky to have a "high command" who supports my photography and loves to travel like me. Just got a 4x4 fortuner and beginning to enjoy it power and seize, got to learn a lot from bhpians who have and continue to own this beauty. A big thank you to the mods for making me a part of team-bhp and for every bhpian who writes on the forum, you all have given me the spark when needed to travel and help me understand automobiles better.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th January 2013 at 16:51. Reason: Do consider using paragraph breaks. They make reading your post easier.
specialedition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 16:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: What A Monday

Welcome onboard Jimmy.

Nice to know that you stay in Belgaum, I myself have spend few years in Dandeli and used to frequent Belgaum which then was the bigger town than Dandeli.

Looking forward to your photos and travelogues on the forum. Do share your Fortuner experiences.
Old 15th January 2013, 20:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jimmy welcome to TBHP. Nice to know that you are from Belgaum. I used to absolutely love the place for its fair weather and great street food (think of the vada pav from khau galli is yummm)

A look at your interest surely point out some great contributions in the Travelogues section besides the photography thread going here. Welcome and look forward to hear from your (err see through your lens )
Old 16th January 2013, 08:02   #4
BHPian

Welcome. Looking forward to your snaps. I love the "high command" phrase. It's great that you have "their" support.
Old 16th January 2013, 15:39   #5

Thank you ghodlur, girishglg & miniwarmth for the warm welcome. Thank you for the encouragement also and I hope soon to post some logs. Ghodlur, Dandeli is still a heaven for birds and i do keep visiting the place quite regularly. Girishglg, good to know that you were here and the "vada pav" still reminds you for this place and miniwarnth yes without here it would have been difficult, as she manages our 2 naughtly angles when i am away. The next time your in Belgaum, you know now you guys have a fellow bhpian to stop over. cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks