Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2013, 09:12   #1
BHPian

Hey BHPians - This is Om

Hey All, my name is Om and I'm a die-hard automotive freak.

My love for bikes started when I bought my TVS Apache RTR-160 in 2006, and soon I discovered that I love test driving bikes, and cars. But, I had never thought that the addiction would grow so strong that I'd end up with whole lot of stuff in my garage.

My first car was a Chevy Spark PS Blue (which i had to sell since there was no space in parking lot), and currently I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports red, a Hyosung GT 650R (again red, though black is my favorite color, but it's just that red looks cool on sporty bikes and cars), and a Volvo s80 3.2 (petrol).

No matter how much I try to resist myself, I end up test driving a new bike or car every 5-6 months, and eventually end up buying one every other year.

In 2011 I bought Cedia, 2012 I bought GT650R, and now the s80.

Jag XF V8 supercharged edition and BMW 6 series convertible are my dream machines (realistic dreams i.e.), and I' crazy about Lamborghini Gallardo, and Aston Martin DB9, and hope to buy them some day as well.
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hey BHPians - This is Om

Welcome aboard TBHP, omthoke. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Nice selection of vehicles and am sure you definitely live to drive, like most of us here.

Look forward to photos and info on your new toys
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:52   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
In 2011 I bought Cedia, 2012 I bought GT650R, and now the s80.
Welcome aboard, Om! Looks like you have a thing for underdogs eh?

Would love to see an ownership review of the S80. We drove the 304 BHP S60 and absolutely loved it (Review Link). However, I don't think too much of the S60 diesel being sold in India.
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:16   #4
BHPian

Well yeah thanks, here's a pic of my GT 650R

My Cedia (when it was new) Sports

And, my s80.

Yep the Indian s60 diesel and even the s80 diesel are underpowered, so i took the 3.2 petrol, which has turned out to be a fuel-sucking monster (though I knew it!)

(Sorry about poor photography - I haven't clicked a good one yet - will do it this weekend!)

I guess there are many Cedia and a few GT650R ownership reviews already; didn't find any s80s here on T-BHP, and I guess that's why everyone keeps saying that Volvos suck!

By the way, it's the 243 hp 3.2L V6 engine (not the AWD though), and it's whole lot peppier than 520d, E250, and A6, and I'd certainly like to educate people that they can get a whole lot of stuff under 50L, rather than shelling out 60-65L for a 3L V6 powered German cars!
OmThoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:28   #5
BHPian

@GTO - I'm sorry I tried to attach pics in last reply, but I guess since I don't have sufficient privileges, the reply went with bad formatting and no pics, and perhaps half the message :(
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:54   #6
BHPian

Great rides om! By the way, welcome to team-bhp! And i guess you racked up quite a post count as soon as your membership got approved :O. Fastest to becoming a Bhpian propably!
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 13:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Great rides om! By the way, welcome to team-bhp! And i guess you racked up quite a post count as soon as your membership got approved :O. Fastest to becoming a Bhpian propably!
Hehe well yes, I've been reading TBHP threads for several years, and if would have become a member in say 2011, then you'd have already seen 100,000+ replies from my side by now, because I've always got something to say, when it comes to cars and bikes

By the way, I just wanted to know if you guys actually do the official reviews on your own (I mean let's say new Ford Eco-Sport is coming out, and my bro wants to buy it, so I go and take a good test-drive, and take snaps, and do a full-fledged review) or the car dealers provide TBHP with the TD car for a day or two, just for the review?

Over next one month, you'll see many more threads from my side; I'm going to do all the possible comparos - Volvo s80 vs BMW 520d, E250, A6 2.0 TDI, Jag XF 2.2, and show how s80 scores over most of the German rivals, because I feel that TBHP readers might have been wrongly influenced by most of the threads that say Volvos offer very poor VFM (which is indeed true for entry-level models, but at least not for the powerful machines like s80 3.2)
Old 25th March 2013, 13:41   #8
BHPian

By the way, why am I still called a "newbie" - and when do I get the BHPian tag? I also wanted to know how to order the TBHP key-chain and how it'd cost me.
Old 25th March 2013, 15:28   #9
BHPian

Hi Om,

Welcome to Team BHP. The answers to your questions are available in the Team BHP FAQ link. For you to become a BHPian you need to have 25 posts or greater posted by you. That is when your level changes from "Newbie" to "BHPian".

You can order the keychains from the Store menu that is available in the Homepage of Team BHP site.
Old 25th March 2013, 15:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
By the way, why am I still called a "newbie" - and when do I get the BHPian tag? I also wanted to know how to order the TBHP key-chain and how it'd cost me.
BHPian tag - You'll earn it quickly it seems. You need 25 posts to change your status from Newbie to BHPian.

Click on the 'Store' link on top of the page to go to the Team-BHP Store. You can order your keychain & Stickers. You'll get the price details as well as closeup pics of them.
Old 25th March 2013, 16:21   #11
BHPian

Om, welcome to the forum, and going by the speed of your posts, you surely will become a bhpian pretty soon:-)

I always felt the Volvos to be extremely well built and safe vehicles. But here, once a brand is projected in a wrong way to the people, it takes quite a lot of effort to change it. The logo is pretty unique too. I feel the Volvo writing having been fastened with a seatbelt every time I see the grill of any volvo.
Old 27th March 2013, 02:26   #12
BHPian

Hey thanks all - yep I just ordered the key-chains - can't wait to get them!!!

And, if it's just 25 posts, then well yep, I'll be a BHP'ian soon enough.

BTW any BHPians near Meenakshi Mall, Bannerghatta road? I stay pretty close by; saw a brown Renault Duster the other day with TBHP sticker; drove beside that vehicle almost for 30mins, but since I'm new here, I don't know anybody quite yet.

Bangalorean moderators - let's catch up next weekend, and go on a nice drive on NICE road in the s80. I need someone's help to create a nice video
Old 27th March 2013, 02:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, I don't think too much of the S60 diesel being sold in India.
Absolutely, the s80 D5 kinetic diesel is also under-powered, so I took the 3.2 petrol, but it's sucking petrol like anything (barely running 100 kms for 17L right now, and I'm burning holes in my pockets filling 3-4k of petrol every week )

Mine is 243hp btw, so not as dull as the < 200hp diesel machines, but not as peppy as that 300+ hp either.

So, now trying to use the GT650, s80 and Cedia on alternate days to bring down my weekly petrol bills below 2k
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks