Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 23:38   #1
BHPian

BHPian at Last

Hi fellow BHPians

This is Musclecar from Pune. Well as the name suggest I am a big fan of big American Muscle Cars-
Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Charger being on top of my list. I am a very passionate automobile enthusiast.
Team-BHP has been my staple diet for Auto knowledge from last 2-3 years.
Tried applying thrice but was rejected. But finally a month ago I received a mail from TBHP and to my surprise this time it was a acceptance mail.
I literately jumped out of chair seeing the mail. I called up a couple of my friends informing them about this achievement.

Let me tell you about the Vehicles I have owned-
1. 2009 Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXI (Sold)
2. 2010 Chevrolet Magnum LT 2.0 (Sold)
3. 2007 Skoda Laura L&K 1.9 TDI MT (Sold)
4. 2009 Royal Enfield Machismo 500
5. 2011 Skoda Rapid TDI (Dad's Car)

I have just booked an Amaze Idtec and waiting for the delivery.

To tell you something more about myself- I am an MBA in Marketing.
Have two major passions: First-anything with an engine and has wheels.
Second: Gadgets & Technology.

Being a non engineer I never got a chance to get into Automobile sector.
So turned to my second love- Technology.

I began my career with "Apple Inc." Yes the company which makes beautiful Macs, IPODS & Iphones.
Being an die hard fan of Apple products & Steve Jobs it was a dream come true.

Next in line was a completely different industry- FMCG

I joined Redbull India (Energy Drinks) and after sometime eventually got a chance work in my dream sector -Automobile.

So currently I am working with one of the big names in Automobile Industry (don't ask the name)

I expect a lot of knowledge sharing from this Forum.

Hope to become a Senior TBHPian soon from a Newbie.

Thanks again to the moderators to allow me an entry here.

Hope to have a great time here.

Cheers

Musclecar
Old 6th April 2013, 05:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BHPian at Last

Welcome aboard TBHP, musclecar. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Muscle cars are about the only American cars I have ever liked. Corvettes in particular for me and the sledgehammer topped the list.

Given that you are working or have worked in your two favourite areas, you are lucky indeed. Yes knowledge sharing is a huge part of this forum so the more interactive you are the quicker and better you can learn
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 09:42   #3
BHPian

@Musclecar, Welcome to Team-BHP. Just like you, I am also a great fan of Muscle Cars (Camaro, Shelbys, etc.) and gadgets. Congrats for your booking of your Amaze diesel! I am tempted. When is the delivery of the car expected?
What about ownership review of your Rapid?

Enjoy your stay!
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 03:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, musclecar. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Muscle cars are about the only American cars I have ever liked. Corvettes in particular for me and the sledgehammer topped the list.

Given that you are working or have worked in your two favourite areas, you are lucky indeed. Yes knowledge sharing is a huge part of this forum so the more interactive you are the quicker and better you can learn
Thanks man. I have gone theough the rules many times now. Will adhere to them relegiously.
And yes forgot to mention Corvette in that list.
Stingray in one of most beautiful cars of all time and is in my dream cars list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
@Musclecar, Welcome to Team-BHP. Just like you, I am also a great fan of Muscle Cars (Camaro, Shelbys, etc.) and gadgets. Congrats for your booking of your Amaze diesel! I am tempted. When is the delivery of the car expected?
What about ownership review of your Rapid?

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks Loud. Well the Amaze is really amazing. As far as the delivery is concerned, the dealers are not giving an exact date. To be on the safer side I have booked it at two dealerships. I would want the car ASAP, before April end.

As mentioned Rapid is my dads car, its been close to year now. The car just got it first service done. Will write a complete ownership review very soon.

Cheers
Musclecar

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th April 2013 at 09:34.
musclecar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 09:27   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Musclecar, more than anything, it's an example of how perseverance eventually pays off. Wishing you a great experience here at team-bhp.

This is a thread that had my attention for quite a while, bhpian Karan561's account of driving through western United States and his experience of muscle cars. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-car-trip.html.

I've really come to appreciate small block American' v8 engines, but in a different application - pickup trucks like the Ram 3500 and the beast of a Ford F150 SVT Raptor. To think that manufacturers like GM uses the same engines, albeit in different states of tune between muscle cars like the camaro, halo cars like the corvette and pick up trucks like the silverado show just how capable these engines are.

Looking forward to an initial ownership report on your Amaze purchase!

P.S. - Remember to use the multi-quote option and not to use consecutive posts or you could risk getting an infraction.

Last edited by Motored Mindset : 7th April 2013 at 09:31.
Motored Mindset is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks