Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2006, 13:29   #1

Here I am

Hello everybody,
I didnt think i would be here, but i am here. I am a teacher by profession and seemed to have rather inconceivably developed a thing about cars of late. Romance, passion, power -- perhaps these things are a bit of a short supply in my real life and maybe I find them in cars and the debates about cars! I own an Alto Vxi and I think it's a swell car but I am already restless with longings. And this is all for now. Rather nice to be part of a rather unusual community. -- Prand
Old 19th May 2006, 14:53   #2
BHPian

Hi Prand,
Welcome to T-Bhp,
Enjoy u r stay.....
Old 19th May 2006, 15:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

Bryan Adam fan? Just curious
Old 19th May 2006, 16:30   #4
Team-BHP Support

Maybe Air Supply.
Old 23rd May 2006, 11:46   #5

Thanks folks,
I am pretty excited and hope to be informed and entertained. Musical interests -- pretty old fashioned .. slow rock, Carole King, the Carpenters etc. -- Prand
Old 23rd May 2006, 11:55   #6

Already Curious

Dear Car buffs,
I have been flirting with the thought of going in for an auto. But what exactly is the kick down mode? How does operating a car in this mode suddenly make a sluggish car (say the Santro Xing AT) sprint suddenly, especially in the 20-80 km 3rd gear run? I would really like to know, this is my maiden query, do help. --Prand
Old 23rd May 2006, 15:13   #7
BHPian

HEY JK and NAVINji

I like.. no a love.. bryan adams, air supply.. n add to it george benson, lobo, etc etc
But i'm stil a car freak big time.. No mushy stuff.. but grease and smoke and i'm loving it

Anyways welcome to the group Prand Sir(yaar ye teachers se peecha kab chootega .. kidding)

Hope u enjoy ur stay here.. and i wish that all your powerful romantic desires be fulfilled in a passionate way.

And as for ur question sir, then kickdown is when a auto car itself shifts down a gear(like 3rd to 2nd) when u press the accelerator hard.. so as to keep up with your demands.
Its same if you shifted down a gear in a manual before accelerating hard.

But generally traditional autos are not faster than their manual counterparts.

PS: hurray.. someone shares my taste of music too. ;-)

Last edited by Fuelled : 23rd May 2006 at 15:15.
Old 25th May 2006, 15:22   #8

Auto query

Dear Fuelled,
Thanks for the info. It's quite okay ribbing me about being a teacher and all. It's good to be on the other side of the desk, in a manner of speaking. Regarding the auto thing, maybe I will shelve my plans for the moment. It seems that the humbler autos (Santro AT, Wagon R AT) will take away from the driving pleasure. Perhaps a Honda City CVT someday ...
Old 25th May 2006, 16:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prand
Hello everybody,
I didnt think i would be here, but i am here. I am a teacher by profession and seemed to have rather inconceivably developed a thing about cars of late. Romance, passion, power -- perhaps these things are a bit of a short supply in my real life and maybe I find them in cars and the debates about cars! I own an Alto Vxi and I think it's a swell car but I am already restless with longings. And this is all for now. Rather nice to be part of a rather unusual community. -- Prand
A little late to welcome you to the forum. But still, better late than never.
Welcome to the forum, @prand. A member from Assam - now that's not something that happens every other day. BTW, its a nice place - spent a few years (1979-86, part of my schooling) of my life there at Sibsagar. Have been to Guwahati also a few times - the most memorable visit being to take delivery of our M800 in 1985 with my Dad from Bimal Auto Agency (are they still in business ?). Back then, MUL had only like some 10-12 dealers all over India back then.
Old 26th May 2006, 00:51   #10
BHPian

Hey Prand ! Welcome to Team-Bhp ....Its gr8 to have you here . Enjoy your stay at the forum !
Old 26th May 2006, 15:17   #11

Changing times

Dear Supremebaleno and Varun Patra,
Many thanks for the words of welcome. Yes, Bimal is very much here in Guwahati, one of the two Maruti dealers. They do roaring business, not because they give you smooth service, but just because they sell Maruti cars, and they were here first of all. Sometime ago, I wanted to drive the Swift, and they couldn't come up with one. I said --since I am here, maybe I can drive the Versa, to pass the time so to speak. Sooory, no Versa in sight. They could have called me up a few days later and invited me to test drive, but who bothers? I am thinking of heading north to Korea next, read Hyundai ... Very nice that you have good memories of Assam, Supremebaleno. It has changed somewhat since you were last here. If I use carspeak, I can tell you that it's got one of the densest car populations in India, at least in my town. And where are the roads? A paradox has been reversed of late, it seems that we live in a poor state inhabited by rich people! Toyota debuted recently, and the roads are now humming with Innovas. Anyway, thanks again -- Prand
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks