Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:12   #1
BHPian

Hey BHPians, a big hello

Hi All,

It was great to check my email this morning which says your T-BHP membership got approved!

Driving is my passion since I was a child. Now be it begging to ride my dad's bicycle or trying to convince a farmer ploughing his fields on a tractor!

Now, when I am 31, I am here; One of the best place in the world in all respect except driving - Sinagpore . What an irony! But nevertheless, I never let any opportunity go to get my hands on wheels. Best being Scotland Highlands drive.

I am a big formula one fan. I been to all the races Singapore hosted till now. Planning for Indian GP as well this year. I love photography, gadgets, play and watch Cricket. I try to watch almost every Man Utd football match.

Looking forward to contribute to this T-BHP, an amazing place to hangout!

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:38   #2
BHPian

re: Hey BHPians, a big hello

Hello Ajay,

While I am awaiting for the approval, I am so glad you received it. I know you should be happy.

Hope you have a great stay at team-bhp.

Cheers!
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:21   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hey BHPians, a big hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayrec View Post
I am here; One of the best place in the world in all respect except driving - Sinagpore . What an irony!
Hah. But i hear Malaysia is a stone's throw away, and thats where a lot of supercar owners head to open up their machines. (Saw my first ever Lamborghini in the flesh in Singapore sometime in the early 90s. Was a lovely purple Diablo!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
While I am awaiting for the approval, I am so glad you received it.
You've clearly been approved as a member. Do re-check your email! :P

cya
R
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:14   #4
BHPian

Well, thats true. Malaysia is just 20 KMs form where I stay in Singapore. But it takes 2-3 Hrs to enter into Malaysia if you travelling on a weekend. And if its a long weekend, then add few more to it. And of course, weekend suits more since my wife and I am working.
Reason - Increasing cases of human trafficking drugs across the border. More through checking, more time consuming. You need to get everything checked 4 times in a round trip. Last time it was a 4 KMs long queue..!
My last trip was to Cameroon Highlands. On the way back, for last 50 KMs it took 3 hrs and 3 hrs to cross the border. It was a pain for my family really. I can tolerate coz I got to drive 8 Hrs to Cameroon but they dont really appreciated 14 hrs drive back!
Next time I thought, lets make it a Guys only plan on bikes and guess what - My friends Harley Davidson Soft tail got stolen at 3 PM! Google "Blue harley davidson stolen from Johor bahru" and read the first link you get (Do read it). He saved money to buy the beast for whoophing 45,000 SGD and lost it. It was 2 yrs back.

Johor (The state which connects Mayasia and Singapore) is most unsafe place in Malaysia. It is very dangerous to be out after dark (All - Pls note).
I really enjoyed driving across UK (Dont think I left any driving route when I was there for 3 months). Loved Australia, drove from Sydney to Gold coast. Great Ocean drive, Philip Island. For that matter India is awesome - atleast you have driving gateways.
Anyways - You dont get everything in life. Singapore otherwise rocks :-)
ajayrec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 22:20   #5
BHPian

I hear you mate.I haven't taken local license here in Singapore so can't rent with Indian license as I am staying for abt 2 yrs. Saddest thing about SGP is not having car. And owing a car here is just out of reach because of ridiculous taxes.

JB is really one shady place. Once couple of friends suddenly decided to go to JB for drinks. As night dawned things got really spooky n locals scared us and they were like why on earth are you roaming at this time. People scared us with all the theft and mobile snatching incidents.

Last month I travelled to KL and Langkawi, best option to roam arnd Malaysia is to fly down or by coach till KL and from their drive around. If at all you driving to JB then I would suggest you take another gate(not near woodlands one). Slightly less traffic.

Last edited by arun_kun : 2nd May 2013 at 22:37.
Old 3rd May 2013, 00:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
You've clearly been approved as a member. Do re-check your email! :P
Thank you @Rehaan. I have received the email.
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:36   #7
BHPian

Malaysia is a nice place to drive around - nice roads etc.

Absolutely agree with what you said - Only problem is JB (Johor Bahru) and crossing the border. And this problem is bigger than it sounds - specially if you have family with you.

Just good how safe is Johor Bahru - you would get tons of cases like I said earlier. Can you believe, locked Harley got stolen from a busy market at 3 PM. For god sake its 1600 CC bike, you need a crane to pick it up within 10 mins.

On other hand, Singapore is costliest place to own a car. Suzuki Swift cost 45 - 50 Lac INR - Hell.

As you said - for other members in Singapore. Best is to catch a flight to KL which is actually cheap, rent a car and hit the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
I hear you mate.I haven't taken local license here in Singapore so can't rent with Indian license as I am staying for abt 2 yrs. Saddest thing about SGP is not having car. And owing a car here is just out of reach because of ridiculous taxes.

JB is really one shady place. Once couple of friends suddenly decided to go to JB for drinks. As night dawned things got really spooky n locals scared us and they were like why on earth are you roaming at this time. People scared us with all the theft and mobile snatching incidents.

Last month I travelled to KL and Langkawi, best option to roam arnd Malaysia is to fly down or by coach till KL and from their drive around. If at all you driving to JB then I would suggest you take another gate(not near woodlands one). Slightly less traffic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks