Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Happy to belong here

Hello Folks,
My membership was approved this morning and I had almost given up as my earlier attempt at registration was not approved. In all honesty,I must confess that the first attempt was a causal one with mostly one line answers. I am happy that I spent more time and re registered giving more details this time around.
I am a retired military pilot ,flew fighters in the IAF for nineteen years, the next 19 as an airline pilot in AI and the last 8 in an International airline based abroad. Have recently settled in Whitefield, Bangalore. I love motoring,driving most of all, though what's under the hood interests me too. I am not the DIY man I would like to be but reading about it interests me. I look forward to motoring holidays,maybe within a radius of 1500 km or so. I have a Yeti Elegance that I am very happy with and find its the most exciting vehicle I have driven though I have had a chance to own a few good cars when I was abroad . I must also add that I find driving in India to be the most interesting and enjoyable. Roads are improving,there are many issues to be addressed no doubt but there is something about driving here that keeps me alert, alive and fulfilled( not talking of city driving). Driving on an autobahn is good but a trifle boring. Our other car is an I 10 Sports A/T that my wife swears by and refuses to part with for a Honda Brio A/T that I have been suggesting. Cars I would like to own?An Audi perhaps,my son has an A 8 ,and I am only dreaming !Outside of this, I like Scuba Diving, done that for nearly twenty years now,fitness ,sharing information,flying related stuff,a good book.
I am looking forward to swapping notes with fellow members. I find the posts here are generally of a high standard.
Thank you

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th May 2013 at 13:27. Reason: Adding space after every period.
ramases6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 13:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Happy to belong here

Welcome baoard ramses6. It's a pleasure to have you onboard. Do go through our board rules and familiarize yourself.

Do not miss a wonderful aviation thread by Stratos: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...orts-cops.html

Enjoy your stay.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:27   #3
BHPian

Wow..You have got some amazing flying experience Sir!! Welcome to the Forum and do share your flying experiences, especially the fighters, people here will love it. If you dont mind, Which international carrier were you flying ?

Last edited by 2500cc : 16th May 2013 at 14:30.
Old 16th May 2013, 15:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Wow..You have got some amazing flying experience Sir!! Welcome to the Forum and do share your flying experiences, especially the fighters, people here will love it. If you dont mind, Which international carrier were you flying ?
Thank you.Served with Qatar Airways based in Doha,Qatar ,flew the Airbus A330.
Old 16th May 2013, 19:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi ramases6,

Welcome aboard!

We do have quite a few pilots on Team-BHP, as well as a handful of airplane threads, and even a review of a Boeing 747-400! Check it out (link).

Also, please make sure you see point 2 in THIS THREAD before continuing.

Cheers,
R

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th May 2013 at 08:10. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 16th May 2013, 19:44   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the family !!!

I hope you have a great time here along with us. I hope you must have been to a number of locations provided that you were a pilot. Please take time in writing down your experiences about places, people and other stuff. We would all be glad to read them.

Once again, Welcome. Drive Safe

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks