Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2006, 01:09   #1
BHPian

Hi .... was due for longtime.

Hello Everyone.

hmmm..... dont know how to begin with... well i m 28 yrs old and been ever crazy for since i ve started walking, but then they were days when we had the great Amby's / Fiat's / Badal / Standard Herald ( 1978~80 ) ...with those hard axle which use to just BREAK after some 5~6 turns or so. My dad had it ( Standard Herald) and he had near misses with his life in that and he talks about it till date.

After the Standard Herald ....we went on to buy and sell many Fiats ( 5 or more ) (1980 ~ 87) and not to forget the cold winter mornings ...wen I as a toddler use to miss my transport for school and every1 in family use to curse me for that as all of the family members use to gather and push the great Fiat to start... but once started it just ran and ran.... the next morning use to be a different story. In the meanwhile Dad had booked a (New Model as in not the straight bonnet 1) Red Maruti 800. ( date 2 Feb ' 1987. Time 6.10pm Dad drove it from delhi to Gzb and I still rem the NEW CAR SMELL ) ....oooopppssss sorry guys getting a bit emotional......

The Maruti 800 was just peppy for Dad ...imagine getting to Drive a 800 after years of hands on driving on Fiat's...The 800..... went around from Gzb - Delhi in zoom.... Drop me school without the push starts... Swam and Zipped in rains ( unlike the Fiats...which just parked itself in the middle of road ) Other than the inital FUEL PUMPS problems ...no other Major problems..... we got that changed and BY GOD that Car just zoomed..... as a kid i use to wash the car on sundays... polish it ....apply Shoe polish to Bumber and Tyres.... later on after completing my 10th I learnt driving on the Internal Colony Roads... and BOY ... we both matched a lot.... the car just didnt let me rather us down.... after compelting about 1,20,000kms and no major dents.. Rubbish rule of 15 years old cars not begin allowed in Delhi...we sold the car ( as dad got transferred from gzb to Delhi )...... Never saw that car again.... but I m sure it would be just still alive and kicking .......

29 May 2001. Dad got Red Wagon R ... i guess we were the 1st fews who had it in delhi roads... as passers-by looked us in a very different manner as if we were alliens.... I use to drive it for my computer classes and later on went to study abroad.

There I bought a 2nd Hand Red Ford Telstar ( April'2002)...it was as long as an contessa and imagine turning that car without power steering....after coming back from my UNI I use to just Sleep for 2hrs as I use to get tired in the initial days of driving it .... but later on I got used to the car....... but it gave me a good economy and as a student i never bothered about Fuel prices.... I got the Engine replaced with a re-conditioned 1, since car-body was in good shape.. and it became reliable...I drove it and had a wonderful exp driving it.... finally I came back in July 2004 and sold off my car to some students.

Here on home front Wagon R was being driven by drivers and was not looked after very well......and it went from A1 condition to D condition .... drivers driving with foot on clutch and stuff..... just sold the Wagon R about 6months back. Dad bought a White Alto for himself and Enjoy driving that.

Brother Bought Golden Honda City for himself and boy that car drives and feel like HEAVEN.

Since I am working, I bought in a 2nd Hand Silver Blue Esteem and enjoying my drive and Time in it..... Oh Boy this Car really takes off in 3rd gear ...from 20 ~ 90 zoooooooooooommmmmmmmmm .....its been 2 years since I am in Love with this Car. and lets see where and how my next car hunting goes...... I ve a GOOD ICE and stuff ...... ....

I STILL MISS MY MARUTI-800 My 1st Love
Old 26th May 2006, 03:36   #2
BHPian

Phew... this has gotta be the longest intro posted by anyone in along time.
And swell journey with ur cars dude.

Welcome to TBHP. Enjoy ur stay.

Fuelled
Old 26th May 2006, 10:48   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, thats an entire family car-o-graphy! Good read.

Welcome to the Team-BHP.

GTO
Old 2nd June 2006, 06:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hey Passion4cars,

Good to read your rather extensive intro!

Im sure you will have a lot to discuss on TBHP!
Welcome aboard.
cya
R
Old 9th July 2006, 01:27   #5
BHPian

Thanks Brother.....

Actually i was drunk that day and wrote it in all drunken ( READ EMOTIONAL ) State of mind .......... will be postin my car pix soon.......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks