Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 17:11   #1
BHPian

Second Life

Hi Guys,
I am beginning my second innings as part of TBhp as I forgot the old credentials(Yes, of the email id too).
So here I am, in another avatar!!
I hadnt posted in this section when I initially joined up andI feel now I should have given a proper intro back then. But then, life and TBhp does give you second chances

I am a car enthusiast since my childhood, having spent a good part of mu life frequenting car garages/ two wheeler mechies with my dad who still seems to know the latest info of all automobiles in India and how I envy him for that.
I am all of 24 yrs old, finished my engg in IT, followed it up with an MBA, hoped for getting hooked up with some automobile manufactures and ended up getting disappointed. The only car manufacturer(Ford) that came for campus recruitments unfortunately didnt want people from my stream and I was left almost on the verge of tears. My friends who knew I was waiting for a automobile company cheered me up and asked me to sit for the usual marketing/IT companies. I ultimately ended up getting recruited for a MNC who is a IT service provider in a role that I don't like.
I just celebrated my first anniversery in this company and realised that I have to reach out to make my dreams come true or I'd end up as a another stagnant 'wanna-be'.
I have dreams of starting something independent related to the automobile realm and currently thinking of a two wheeler dealership in my hometown amongst a couple of other ventures I have in mind. A serious lack of vitamin M bogs me down, but I well and truly know I will pay heed to my calling and end up doing what I love, with people who I love.
Once I settle down, I plan to build a car collection starting with my first love Amby Mark I which I hope to get soon. Hopefully, I'll supplement the car collection with some good old bikes that I have always dreamt about(RD 350, Jawa twins, Norton's...the list goes on)

Tbhp is my encyclopedia for all automobile queries. Thank you guys for devoting so much time and energy to bulding such a big treasure trove of unbiased information for all people. I really mean it, You guys have made life simpler, hassle free and fun for a lot of guys.
Information is power, and you help in delivering power to the masses; something the politicians are failing miserably at.

Let me put an end to my blabber now. Hope to part of many interesting conversations and debates in this forum.

Happy revving,
Roomy
Roomy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 16:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Second Life

hey roomy, Welcome and have a great second innings
Old 21st June 2013, 16:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the group. What attracted the instantaneous response is the title of your post. Great choice. I did introduce myself few weeks ago and couldn't think something better like this so +1 to your post!

There is a 3D virtual world software called as Second Life - once touted to be next social networking evolution, now almost dead. Couldn't stand to reality but became very fancy and dream world compared to FB and others. But nevertheless it has its own follower-ship and committed users like tbhp and still being referred as pioneer of social networking concept. TBHP is of course more real and nothing virtual - although we live in a different world of automobiles all the time, we still are "real ones".

Happy and safe driving and welcome home!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 17:20   #4
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, Roomy! Have a pleasant stay here!

A very touching thread title, I must say. Nice to hear about your dreams to build your career in the Automotive field. Hope the dream comes TRUE!

Cheers!
Old 21st June 2013, 20:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Welcome to the group.......Happy and safe driving and welcome home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Welcome to TBHP, Roomy! Have a pleasant stay here!

A very touching thread title, I must say. Nice to hear about your dreams to build your career in the Automotive field. Hope the dream comes TRUE!

Cheers!

Thank you guys!!!
I did choose the name of the thread knowing the whole 'Second life' thingy.
I now get reminded of Wrestlemania XX in which the voiceover had a line '... For only those brave enough to chase dreams are the ones who catch them'
One day, I will!! And I am sure you guys would be here to share the joy with me.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks