Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 21:45   #1
BHPian

I've got Mail !

Excellent ! - I congratulate myself for getting my mail today confirming approval of my membership into this wonderful forum and I thank the moderators and the forum for letting me in.

I am Ddrive, 51 years old and learnt driving a car at the age of 50, that's when we bought our first ever car the Maruti New Zen Estilo VXI which is with us for 15 months now and reads 14k on the odo. We've done a few lovely drives already to places like Kodaikanal, Ooty, Yelagiri, Yercaud & Wayanad etc, and I'm soon to share some photos in the travelogues here.

Regarding my occupation, I work as a Purchase Manager in a Garment industry in Chennai. My wife is an Asst Professor in a college and my daughter is 15 years old and studying 11th.

Apart from cars, a few things I like are, Western Music, Sports activities, Football, Travelling and Photography. Been a lead vocalist myself in rock bands while I was doing my college and that went on well till I got married . One or two gigs rarely nowadays, jamming with my ole time friends whenever I get an invite from them. Otherwise for me, it is Office-work and Stay-at-home all times.

I drive my car safely and responsibly, and from now on its gonna get doubled since I will be sporting the TBHP stickers in my car soon . So somebody please give me a honk or a blink of lights if you see me squeezing through the congested Chennai roads or when you cruise past me on the highways, anytime.

I will do my best to be an active member of this prestigious forum and I request the support & appreciations of everybody here. Cheers.
Ddrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:25   #2
BANNED

Re: I've got Mail !

Ddrive... Vanakkam Tamizhagam. From one newbie to another, welcome to here!!! And don't worry about starting late. I have always known people who start late to savor their new experiences much more than others.

Good Luck and Safe Travels.
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:10   #3
BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp sir. Its never too late! We're looking forward to the ownership report of your car. I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this wonderful community, good luck.
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 17:03   #4
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, Ddrive Sir! Have a nice stay here.

A Maruti car as a first car = Absolute peace-of-mind!
Waiting for an ownership report of the Estilo from your side.

It is nice to hear about your safe driving habits, and be ready to be even more careful after getting the TBHP sticker set on your car.

A very nicely written introduction, I must say.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:47   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the kind words., Mohansrides, Suraj and Loud.
Yeah sure, its a big thing to be a part of this community, I love it & I've been wanting it for quite sometime.
Thanks everybody who've viewed this

So heres the report you'd like to see:

My New Maruti Zen Estilo VXI - A newbie's Ownership Report.

Car: New Maruti Zen Estilo VXI
Colour: Dusky Brown
Purchased from: M/s.Car India ltd, Cenetoph Road, Chennai - Purchase activities & procedures were pleasant.
Manufactured: December 2011
Purchased: March 2012
Present Age: 15 months.
Odo: 14000 kms

Everyday commuting to work: 16 kms
FE within the core city areas of Chennai - 10 to 11 kmpl Petrol.

FE on Highways: Gives me a satisfactory 20+ kmpl every-time.
So far we have done 6 long drives on the highways, thrice to Chennai/Kodai/Madurai/Chennai, Once to Mahabalipuram, once Chennai/Yealgiri/Yercaud/Hognekel/Chennai, and once Chennai/Bangalore/Mysore/Sultanbathery/Gudalur/Ooty/Chennai.
(All the above highway drives includeed hill stations, please note)

Lovables:
The aerodynamic shape.
Satisfactory FE
Enough leg room & head room.
Ample space in the boot.
Nice interiors.
Instant cooling power of the AC.
The Panel - Simple and clear.
The EPS - Small but Thick to hold. Easy drivability, sort of feels like no other car can beat me on the city roads .
Ok-for-me gear shift feel & No frequent change of gears even in bumper to bumper traffic.
Best car for a big city and ofcourse VFM.

What makes me little sad:
Scares me pushing harder beyond 100, On the highways I drive steadily at 80-90. 110 is doable at some stretches and once have touched 120.
When all other bigger cars zip past me & disappear on the highways, I sometimes feel like I should have gone in for a Figo . Whatsay folks ?

Everything viz, OVRMs, Front Vipers, Rear Viper, AC, Heater, Indicators etc work fine.
The head lights are not powerful enough for me on the highways, so I never do night driving on the highways.

For me this is a satisfactory car and my folks just love it. Cheers.

Here are some pictures below:

PS:
My report applies to my car only, as driven & experienced by me only.
My report doesnt apply to any or all other New Maruti Zen Estilos on the whole.
Attached Thumbnails
I've got Mail !-001a.jpg  

I've got Mail !-002a.jpg  

I've got Mail !-003a.jpg  

Ddrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
So heres the report you'd like to see:

That was a nice and crisp review sir, thank you. Regarding highway manners I think the figo would be better as it sits lower and is also wider than the estilo, hence better stability!
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 10:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Here are some pictures below:
That was a nice crisp write-up. But, the report will belong in the 'Test-Drives and Initial Ownership Reviews' section. You can request any Moderator (in your next post in this thread) to move your review there.

Nice pictures, anyway. Didn't you consider WagonR? It has commendable interior space as compared to its dimensions.

Last edited by Loud : 24th June 2013 at 10:19.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 11:59   #8
BHPian

Thanks LOUD. WagonR had all the same features of the Estilo, and I know WagonR is prefered by many (look at its sales figures) however its boxy shape is not my liking.

Yes, I request the moderators to move my 'ownership review' to the right section. Kindly do the needful sirs. Thanks.
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks