Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:43   #1
BHPian

The not so average IT Guy!

Hello Everyone

Finally, am on team-bhp. The wait was killing me, but thanks to the moderators, have got a chance to be on this tread.

Few things about me..
1.Out and out Bombayite
2.An IT guy, but not your run-of-the-mill code-monkey.
3.Additionally,being in the IT field, get to travel a lot around the country.
4. Love supercars and exotics and not to mention our very own Royal Enfield Bullets.
5. Though never owned a car per se, but the family car mostly is my responsbility.
5.And lastly am quarter of a century old!!

Finally, will try and contribute as much as i can to this wonderful forum which i have been long dreaming about joining.

Regards,
Bradley
the_flying_B is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 03:21   #2
BHPian

Re: The not so average IT Guy!

Welcome to team-bhp family (from a fellow bombaiite),

We do share some simlirarities in the sense that I am responsible for maintaining all the rides of my family, and don't own any of my own.

Hope to see your contributions here. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 07:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

So, interested in knowing what is it that makes you different from 'code-monkeys' (Normal IT guys) like us?

Welcome to the forum.
Old 24th July 2013, 08:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board. Suggest you go through the rules and regulations of the forum or chances of remaining not so average IT guy is high.

Which part in Mumbai (Sorry its no longer Bombay).

Should we ask the mods to make it mandatory for all newbies to put on their photo along with the instroduction so that forum members know the newbie
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 10:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post
Hello Everyone

Finally, am on team-bhp. The wait was killing me, but thanks to the moderators, have got a chance to be on this tread.
Ola!! Bradley Sir, from another out n out Bombay IT guy
So what is it that differentiates you from the "Code Monkeys"? and also you have mentioned you get to travel alot, hows that ?

What is your specialization; DBA, Networking ?? Asking cuz, even I am not one of those typical programmers, so good to see a fellow non-coder IT guy.

-Bhargav
Old 24th July 2013, 11:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Welcome to team-bhp family (from a fellow bombaiite),

We do share some simlirarities in the sense that I am responsible for maintaining all the rides of my family, and don't own any of my own.

Hope to see your contributions here. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Thank you Simple_car for your warm welcome, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So, interested in knowing what is it that makes you different from 'code-monkeys' (Normal IT guys) like us?

Welcome to the forum.
The first thing that people think when they come across an IT guy is that this guy must be super rich and must be minting money. That is when i give a living example of myself and all pre-concieved notions are laid to rest. Atleast the IT guy image then gets shred. Secondly, i try to keep myself occupied in other actvities as well, rather than just the IT stuff i.e quizzes, singing and a new hobby which everyone must try, Karaoke.Hope that answers some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Welcome on board. Suggest you go through the rules and regulations of the forum or chances of remaining not so average IT guy is high.

Which part in Mumbai (Sorry its no longer Bombay).

Should we ask the mods to make it mandatory for all newbies to put on their photo along with the instroduction so that forum members know the newbie
haha!Thanks for the subtle warning sir will try and remain the not so average IT guy....though as much as i try, the city will always remain Bombay for me. Even after 17 years sice the city changed the name, i still haven't gotter around to calling it Mumbai. No offence mean though. It's just to each their own. By the way , i'm from Santacruz East, Vakola.

Also, i did try uploading a profile pic, but for some reason, the upload kept failing despite being a jpeg withing the size limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Ola!! Bradley Sir, from another out n out Bombay IT guy
So what is it that differentiates you from the "Code Monkeys"? and also you have mentioned you get to travel alot, hows that ?

What is your specialization; DBA, Networking ?? Asking cuz, even I am not one of those typical programmers, so good to see a fellow non-coder IT guy.

-Bhargav
Hola Octane_Power..Usually when i'm in office, will do everything possible to keep the run of the mill IT quirks such as meetings, onsite calls,so on spiced up. Keep it informal as possible, without making it a joke, but keeping the mood light.

Secondly,regarding the travelling part, work does take me around, due to trainings and sometimes project work itself as the project is spread across multiple locations. So keep travelling across Mangalore, Bangalore, Pune, Bombay and so on.

Thirdly am working in Middleware. So no hard-core coding as such, but mostly administration and maintainence.
the_flying_B is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed