Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:17   #1
BHPian

A Mumbaikar’s hello & finally after 3 years I am a member here.

I am 33, Father of 1 (boy - 6 year) & 2nd child due in February 2014, an avid car lover & a fitness freak.I am working as a Manager – International Marketing. My Job involves a lot of traveling across the globe.

I have been following Teambhp almost on a daily basis since last 3 years & have lived like a member of the family who can’t interact all this while. Lately there has been a constant itch to be able to interact with the forum & becoming a member.

I learnt driving in May 2010. I bought my family’s first car in last week of April 2010. Till first week of April i had no plans to own a car but somehow it just happened on a Sunday afternoon and I landed at a Mahindra first choice outlet nearby. Yes, I learnt driving in my own car (2003 Alto LXI). I drove that for around 8-9 months and sold it off and then was driving my cousin’s Swift VXI for a short period of time.

I bought a Manza Qjet Aura ABS in June 2011(still remember going through GTO’s review n number of times) & currently have done 27000+ kms. Mainly because of teambhp There has been a transition in me from the time back in 2011 where I found VFM offerings more attractive (2 years back while deciding on the Manza) to today's date where i find cars like T jet, Ford classic & Mitsubishi Lancer as more attractive(I am referring to only those cars which fitted my budget at that time). In spite of this transition I still am happy with my decision.I have done various modifications to my MANZA (aesthetics-black roof, lip type spoiler, Decals & more, ICE(Pioneer AVHX2590Bt,Inifinity comps, JBL Co Axials, MTX bass tube & Sony 4 channel amp.,Tires(Yokohama C drives-195-60-15), Air filter(piper-cross) & others) & would like to share my experiences here.

Would like to make a special mention about GTO's review on MANZA and how after driving a MANZA for 2 years (27000 kms) i cant stop agreeing to almost each and every observation & pros & cons mentioned in there. Its amazing how you get it right in such a short time you spend with a particular car. You are very talented sir.

Personally, prefer to drive a set of fast twisty bends, exploring the limits of the car and tires, rather than a pure straight Expressway and therefore Fiats & Fords have always ruled my heart. I personally don't prefer Toyota & Hyundai because I feel they have overpriced all there cars in India (especially after seeing the pricing / segment placements of the same cars in other developing & 3rd world countries. I feel that they are ripping off Indian consumers (No offense meant to anyone, just sharing my personal observation & i also acknowledge the fact that in spite of being overpriced many of their cars might still be a sensible choice)

Well that’s about it, keep up the great job, just love keep coming back to Team BHP!
You guys have set high standards of quality and it’s very inspiring.
madhu33 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Mumbaikar’s hello & finally after 3 years I am a member here.

Welcome aboard! Glad that you found my Manza review helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Personally, prefer to drive a set of fast twisty bends, exploring the limits of the car and tires, rather than a pure straight Expressway
Hope you head out often to the Nasik Highway (Thread Link)? Be sure to grab a bite at Oye Punjabi while you're at it.

Drive Safe
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard! Glad that you found my Manza review helpful.

Hope you head out often to the Nashik Highway (Thread Link)? Be sure to grab a bite at Oye Punjabi while you're at it.

Drive Safe
Hi G T O , Thanks. Firstly let me tell you that i am BIG fan of your writing style.

Ironically, i have not driven down to Nashik yet.
But it was on the cards and more so now after seeing your quote.
Will be off to Latin America from 27th Aug to 03rd Sept.
Once back shall definitely plan it within September 2013.
Old 23rd August 2013, 20:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I personally don't prefer Toyota & Hyundai because I feel they have overpriced all there cars in India (especially after seeing the pricing / segment placements of the same cars in other developing & 3rd world countries. I feel that they are ripping off Indian consumers
Well that has been my grouse for a long time and also aired some of my views in the Toyota Innova facelift 2013 thread! The mystery is how still we Indians buy them? Some one has answered that there is no alternative to Innova.

Welcome to the Forum Madhu.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Welcome Madhu, to the Forum.
TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks