Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2013, 19:59   #1
BHPian

Wildy Says Hello to Everybody. :)

Dear Bhpian's,

First Of All, A big hello to everybody and many thanks to Mod Team for accepting me to become part of this great community.

A little over two years, I've been silently watching Team-BHP and have tried numerous times to be part of it and finally am here. This website helped me a lot to gain the knowledge of various things about automobiles and their management. When I wanted to buy my first car in 2012, Team-BHP played a vital part of my decision. (Thanks to GTO's excellent review on Ford Figo).

Coming to me, My name is Raaj, 39 years old and I live in Andhra Pradesh State. I had my post graduation in Geography in S.V. University, Tirupati during 1995-97. Although I'm not a diehard enthusiastic of automobiles, over the years I developed an acquired interest on them. I like to read and ride a lot.

Apart from automobiles, I love music a lot. Infact music is my biggest hobby. I nearly have 10,000 Audio CD's and of them, nearly 6000 CD's are Indian Classical Music. My collection has wide variety of music from 1920's to 2013. I like nearly all genres except hip/hop, Rap etc. My most favourite music genre is Indian Classical Music. But I also love 70's Prog-Rock, Canterbury, Southern Rock, Avant Garde, Krautrock, Classic Rock, Jazz & Blues, World, Country Music, Metal etc. Be my guest if you want any question about music or related things.

Well, My first car was 'Ford Figo Titanium diesel' which I've bought in 2012 but few days back, i've sold it for some personal reasons. I'm planning to buy Hyundai i20 Asta Diesel soon. Apart from that, I also own Hero Honda Passion Plus bike.

Last not but least, I like to thank all the mod team and the members of this community for making it great.

Looking forward to acquire more knowledge and participate in the forums.

Thank You One & All,

Wildy/Raaj.
Wildy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 20:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Wildy Says Hello to Everybody. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Apart from automobiles, I love music a lot. Infact music is my biggest hobby. I nearly have 10,000 Audio CD's and of them, nearly 6000 CD's are Indian Classical Music. My collection has wide variety of music from 1920's to 2013. I like nearly all genres except hip/hop, Rap etc. My most favourite music genre is Indian Classical Music. But I also love 70's Prog-Rock, Canterbury, Southern Rock, Avant Garde, Krautrock, Classic Rock, Jazz & Blues, World, Country Music, Metal etc. Be my guest if you want any question about music or related things.
Wildy/Raaj.
Hello Wildy, A warm welcome to the forum.

Great to have an enthusiast with such a huge collection of music on the forum. With Flyte closed down, I am looking for an alternative to buy legal digital music in India on Android. Any suggestions?

Last edited by rajcs : 24th August 2013 at 20:55. Reason: Typo
rajcs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 21:05   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Wildy, welcome onboard

I assume you live in Hyderabad when you say AP? Do keep a close eye on the meets and food thread of Hyderabad if they interest you

That's a crazy amount of audio collection and I can relate to you to some extent and being a huge fan of old world ( classic rock, heavy metal, progressive rock) I dont enjoy the new age music as much

Do read the rules of the forum before stepping out on other threads and hope to catch you around the forum

Cheers
Mobike008
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 08:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Hello Wildy, A warm welcome to the forum.

Great to have an enthusiast with such a huge collection of music on the forum. With Flyte closed down, I am looking for an alternative to buy legal digital music in India on Android. Any suggestions?
Thank You rajcs.

I never bought streaming Music/digital downloads. I always preferred to buy the music in Audio CD format only. However, there are bunch of sites which may meet your requirements. For Ex. Gaana, Saavn, Hungama etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wildy, welcome onboard

I assume you live in Hyderabad when you say AP? Do keep a close eye on the meets and food thread of Hyderabad if they interest you

That's a crazy amount of audio collection and I can relate to you to some extent and being a huge fan of old world ( classic rock, heavy metal, progressive rock) I dont enjoy the new age music as much

Do read the rules of the forum before stepping out on other threads and hope to catch you around the forum

Cheers
Mobike008
Thank You, mobike008. No, iam not from Hyderabad, Am from Anantapur. It would be great to meet you people in the summits.

Yes, the new age music is mostly dull and over hyped. I rather prefer to listen to 60's or 70's Prog/Rock music a lot. In the early or late hours, I usually listen to either Indian Classical or good old jazz/blues. But I equally love to listen Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Prog too. Sometimes, In the middle of the night, I listen to early Black Sabbath.

Thank You for your kind advises and I shall go through the rules and guidelines.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You, mobike008. No, iam not from Hyderabad, Am from Anantapur.
So, AP = Ananta Pur. Is'nt that a good logic?

I also hazarded a guess as to the actual intention of you stating 'AP' as the location.

Welcome to Team-BHP wherein there are no issues of 'borders'!

As for the music part, my taste is almost the same but the 'quantum' is less. Especially in the last few years, I am not able to spend time, listening to music.

One important aspect is your collection of CD's. The no. of CD's is awsome. It goes to show your attitude in respecting the Intellectual property rights since you are buying CD's and not simply trying to download some song from somewhere. I have seen many guys, who give lectures on being morally and ethically correct on many aspects, never bother to 'buy' music.

Once again, welcome and looking forward to further interactions.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 17:33   #6
BHPian

Hello Widly, a warm welcome to you on to the Team -BHP community, it is a very informative and helpful community and I'm sure you will enjoy and be proud to be a part of it just as I do
gops2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 17:37   #7
BHPian

Welcome to Team-bhp Raaj,

I hope you have a pleasant time here. You would have been good friends with my grand-dad--> he's a huge fan of classical indian music, and has a decent collection as well.
Sadly, I have no taste in any kind of music. I don't listen to music even while travelling in cars.

Enjoy, and hope you contribute to this community as well.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 18:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bhpian's,
Apart from automobiles, I love music a lot. Infact music is my biggest hobby. I nearly have 10,000 Audio CD's and of them, nearly 6000 CD's are Indian Classical Music. My collection has wide variety of music from 1920's to 2013. I like nearly all genres except hip/hop, Rap etc.
Hello Wildy, welcome to the forum.
What you have is not a collection, but the library. 10000 CDs? Wow.
smartindboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 23:41   #9
BHPian

hello ,
welcome to this awesome and elite community. Looking forward to somegreat TLs from your side
regards
sumit
swsumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 22:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Apart from automobiles, I love music a lot. Infact music is my biggest hobby. I nearly have 10,000 Audio CD's and of them, nearly 6000 CD's are Indian Classical Music. My collection has wide variety of music from 1920's to 2013. I like nearly all genres except hip/hop, Rap etc. My most favourite music genre is Indian Classical Music. But I also love 70's Prog-Rock, Canterbury, Southern Rock, Avant Garde, Krautrock, Classic Rock, Jazz & Blues, World, Country Music, Metal etc.

Wildy/Raaj.
Man, that is some serious amount of music. And here I was, feeling on top of the world when my music collection crossed the 25 GB mark

Seriously dude, how do u choose which song/album should be listened to at a particular moment of time ?? More importantly, how exactly do u find the right CD from that huge collection of yours? I hope they are arranged in some order (alphabetical, year-wise )
mohitk1993 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks