Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 19:16   #1

Hello Petrolheads.

Hello everyone,
I feel elated to be a part of the Team-Bhp community and it would be my earnest endeavor to positively contribute to the forum.
Few words about myself. I am a serving personnel in the Indian Army. Had a passion for automobiles since childhood and wanted a career in automobiles, but destiny had something else in store.
I love travelling and I love the "off the beaten track" travels even more. I have traveled far and extensively in our beautiful country especially in the North-East and our beautiful neighboring country Bhutan.
I learnt motorcycling pretty late i.e that is after graduation (IMA) at the age of 21. Learnt it on a Royal Enfield Electra. Almost immediately loved the bike and went for a Thunderbird 350 year after.
My first foray behind the steering wheel is also very recent and that too behind a behemoth 4x4 army vehicle . (In Army its mandatory in some circumstances for all to learn them vehicles). I quickly learned to drive the behemoths and "graduated" to the smaller MM540 and Gypsys.
After the driving bug had bitten me I decided it was time to own my own vehicle. I settled for a pre-owned Nissan XTrail T30 which I bought from a friend for a sweet deal. Fell in love immediately with the surprising handling and refinement.
Vehicles will only treat you well, if you treat them well. I keep that adage in mind and try to maintain my vehicle in my best capacity possible. And thanks to Team-Bhp and its ensemble of well-informed people, I am able to give utmost attention and care to my XTrail.

A few lines on my tastes other than automobiles.
I play the guitar and I am still honing my playing when i get time. I own a Steinberger guitar and a Roland amp and mostly play Pink-Floyd. I love Pink-Floyd, Tool, King Crimson, and Hans Zimmer.
I like trekking and regularly undertake long treks and I mostly go solo living off the land. My way of becoming one with nature.
I have been on mountaineering expeditions and have some knowledge and I am still bettering myself on this skill.
As with the heights of the mountains, I also have a penchant for the depths, and have done scuba-diving extensively aimed more so in the field of salvage, rescue and recovery rather than recreation.(Not that I dont like recreation, never got the opportunity though.).

I hope to be of some use to Team-Bhp and its people who are all my brother in arms, with the unifying passion for Bhp which brings us together here.

DRIVE SAFE.
mercenary is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks