Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 13:06   #1

Bonjour !! Team-BHPians

Hello to all the Gurus, senior fellows and fledglings like me of of Team-BHP.

1. I am a 38 year old Army officer with a penchant for exploring the un travelled and remote historical sites(in addition to those that my profession adequately gives me exposure too - sucker for pain I hear you thinking!!). During the course of my service I have had the opportunity to work on heavy diesel machinery and am presently flying helicopters.

2. Owning a Thunderbird was a desire since 2001 but postings to out of the way where nothing but a mule can ply put a spanner in the works for considerable time. Finally gathered the momentum and acquired my "Hobbes" on 23 Aug 2013 and am now in the process of learning how this "Bird" flies.

3. Team-BHP forums were a major source of information during my process of finalising the bike and I look forward to learning from all of you about the intricacies of Bulleteering!!!

Regards and Happy Thumping to All
BullT is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 14:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bonjour !! Team-BHPians

Great. We have a few members from the armed forces here. Looking forward to hearing your "Hobbes" experiences
Old 10th October 2013, 18:49   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullT View Post

1. I am a 38 year old Army officer with a penchant for exploring the un travelled and remote historical sites(in addition to those that my profession adequately gives me exposure too - sucker for pain I hear you thinking!!). During the course of my service I have had the opportunity to work on heavy diesel machinery and am presently flying helicopters.

2. Owning a Thunderbird was a desire since 2001 but postings to out of the way where nothing but a mule can ply put a spanner in the works for considerable time. Finally gathered the momentum and acquired my "Hobbes" on 23 Aug 2013 and am now in the process of learning how this "Bird" flies.

3. Team-BHP forums were a major source of information during my process of finalising the bike and I look forward to learning from all of you about the intricacies of Bulleteering!!!

Regards and Happy Thumping to All

Welcome aboard from a "Newbie". Nice to see somebody from a "Not so common" walk of life. "JAI JAWAN!". Trust, you will have a good time here.
Old 10th October 2013, 19:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello to all the Gurus, senior fellows and fledglings like me of of Team-BHP. 1. I am a 38 year old Army officer with a penchant for exploring the un travelled All
Welcome aboard Sir!
I can only salute those like you who defend us and enable us to enjoy the peace that we have.
God bless and have a wonderful time on TBHP!
Old 10th October 2013, 20:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. I am a 38 year old Army officer with a penchant for exploring the un travelled and remote historical sites(in addition to those that my profession adequately gives me exposure too - sucker for pain I hear you thinking!!).
Welcome home I would say as this seems like home to nuts like us. Nice to know about your background. My elder brother was in the Army but quit sometime back, PM me your actual name and you never know if he might be from your course considering your age. :-)
Wishing you happy miles ahead.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:15   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the community! And thank you for staying awake so that we can sleep in peace
BackInTheFold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 10:15   #7

Thanks Mallumogli,Phigrac, Shankar, BoneCollector, BackInTheFold for the warm welcome. It is indeed a privilege to be a part of such a fantastic community. Looking forward to picking your brains and sharing some adventures.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:00   #8

Bone Collector I dont have the privilege of sending PM being a newbie. I donned the olive greens in Jun 99, would your brother be about the same service, if yes then we might have come across each other, do let me know, its always great to catch up with old cronies.
Old 11th October 2013, 19:01   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bone Collector I dont have the privilege of sending PM being a newbie. I donned the olive greens in Jun 99, would your brother be about the same service, if yes then we might have come across each other, do let me know, its always great to catch up with old cronies.
Hi,
Since you are a newbie, you cant PM me and I cant PM you. My brother passed out as permanent commission in June 97 taking RIMC-NDA route and served with MLI and at InfSch,MHOW. Now in civil sector. My name might ring bells if you would have come across my brother.

Dr Chandan Soni Sinha

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th October 2013 at 19:04.
Old 11th October 2013, 22:35   #10

Doc I havent served with your brother myself but he is from the same course as my cousion and would also probably know my brother in law who passed out in Jun 96 and is an NDA Alumni. World is a small place, six degrees of separation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks