Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 20:00   #1

Worthwhile wait paid off

Greetings to members of T-Bhp!

I've been fighting off the loss of words to describe my joy on being approved.
But, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I reside in the city of dreams, Mumbai. And my dream was to own a car as soon as I turned 18. I migrated here 6-7 years ago from abroad and the roads and driving atmosphere always intrigued me. Yet I wanted to drive, here, in mumbai. Despite the parental reluctance and harsh driving conditions in the city, it always feels like I'm in a sphere of my own world when I'm sitting inside my car. A world inner peace and pure joy of personal space.

The first year of college had a big surprise in store when my father bought my uncle's Zen 2005 model for me, clocked at only 26000 kms. It was love at first (gear) shift.

It was after this when i first began reading forums and DIY threads on T-Bhp to take care of my car as much as I could on my own.
Immense knowledge and honest reviews, add to that the patience of members to type out and share so much. I was over whelmed
I'd say, If T-bhp was a human I'd worship him/her in person!!

In the following 2 years i did about 57000kms before finally selling it off. Since then, Ive never looked back.
I do not own a car at present but have been using my aunt's Maruti A-star occasionally.

In the past few months I've been hunting for used cars. And where else would I look to for reviews and advice. There were so many questions to ask and queries to break. However, surprisingly and slightly dumb of me , I never realised that maybe if I registered and became a member I could even get to post questions and get direct answers. Oh lord. But last week I finally did what I should have done ages ago. My friends told me its not easy to get in. But i had to try. And I am grateful to the moderators for the approval.

Over the years, I've grown from menacing driving to gentle and patient driving & learnt to take care of whichever car I drive.
But this learning journey has just commenced and I look forward to diving deep into the realm of automobiles and people who love them.

Last but not the least, I'd like to add that I'm from the field of architecture and reside in Mumbai in a locality where there's a handful of T-BHpians around. Hope to meet one in person soon!

I apologise if the intro is too long. Thanks!!
minimalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 16:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Worthwhile wait paid off

Hey welcome to the club and enjoy your stay!
Alfa Romeo is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks