Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 15:45   #1

Becoming a Team-BHP member - right on time!

Hello Team-BHPians,

I was glad I got my membership on the 7th of this month after getting rejected once. I am just back from a wonderful trip to North Karnataka. Before posting my travelogue, I thought I should introduce myself.

I am a teacher by profession, but am also a graphic and web designer, programmer and a film maker. I teach in the University of Mumbai. I love trekking and when I feel like making the life of my family members and neighbors miserable, bring out my harmonica and flutes. I also paint when I feel like it and make clay models, especially a Ganapati idol every year for my department.

Our first car was a Premier Padmini which I never really liked (I know, I know! There are a lot of Premier Padmini lovers!) But I got my Tata Nano Lxi in 2010. Wonderful car, full value for money, marvellous piece of engineering. I did quite a few trips in the little one, and have no complaints, whatsoever. I parted with it on 26th October, 2013, when I got my new WagonR Lxi CNG, because it simply became unaffordable to drive fifty kms. daily to work on petrol. I am not paid for the petrol by the University.

I guess that's enough about myself. I am itching to post my first travelogue on this forum.

Happy Driving!
TheDrivingBug is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 16:54   #2

Re: Becoming a Team-BHP member - right on time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrivingBug View Post
I am just back from a wonderful trip to North Karnataka.
Welcome TheDrivingBug!

It's quite opportune that I bumped onto your post - I am planning a drive from Mumbai to North Kerala, via North Karnataka, and would love to gather from your experiences.

My following post has some queries about the route, so I hope you're able to add your knowledge to it!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...l-queries.html
Cocooner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 18:10   #3
BHPian

Wow! Nice to hear that you got approved right on time.
May I know which department you are from?
I'm sure any student who is a bhpian would be very happy to hear that their teacher is also a bhpian.
Very nice intro sir and welcome to the community.
Cheers
Carfreak911

PS. I'm a university student.
Car_Freak_911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 18:18   #4

Dear Cocooner,

I would have been able to help you if I had stuck to my original plan - Mumbai - Ganeshgudi - Yana - Jog Falls and back. But we (meaning my wife) decided that we will go to Badami and Hampi instead. But from what I have read on Team-BHP forum, the road after Belgaum too is quite good, and scenic too. I am sure you will enjoy it immensely.

About 4 v/s. 6 a.m. I would vote for 4 a.m. any time. You could get a lot of local traffic between Pune and Satara (esp near Karad and Satara), along with several diversions due to ongoing road repairs, which slows you down a bit. From Satara to Kolhapur, a little lesser traffic and only one diversion if I remember right. I just came back yesterday.

I started off from Amboli at 5.50 a.m. and could reach Borivali at exactly 3.50 p.m. including 4 breaks, in my WagonR Lxi CNG. Last stop was just before the Mumbai-Pune expressway to top up the CNG.

Amboli to Nipani route is not good, but not bad too. I made it (60 kms.) in 1 hour 10 mins. I would definitely suggest the Amboli - Nipani NH4 route rather than the Mumbai - Goa road. You will reach Mumbai faster and more peacefully if you start early.

You know, I always hate getting back to Mumbai, because I stay in Borivali and I have to either take the Thane Belapur road or the Kalamboli - Thane road. I have always found the latter road better, except once when I got held up in a huge truck traffic jam.

Wish I could have helped more. Have a great trip and do post, because I am sure I will make the Dandeli trip very soon.
Old 12th November 2013, 20:34   #5
BHPian

Nice intro, TheDrivingBug! Welcome to the forum.

Which subject do you teach? and which college? I am an MU Engg student.
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 20:46   #6

Hello Car_Freak_911,

Thank you for the welcome.

I am glad to see a student on the forum. I am Mangesh Karandikar and teach in the Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Mumbai. If you are a regular in the Vidyanagari Campus, you must have seen my yellow coloured Nano parked at the Health Centre building, right next to the main gate.

I am sure we will share 'notes' apart from the academic ones henceforth, and for a change, I might learn something from you.

TheDrivingBug

MODs: I am not sure if I can give my real name on the forum. If its not allowed, just delete it and to read 'I teach'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
Wow! Nice to hear that you got approved right on time.
May I know which department you are from?
I'm sure any student who is a bhpian would be very happy to hear that their teacher is also a bhpian.
Very nice intro sir and welcome to the community.
Cheers
Carfreak911

PS. I'm a university student.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Nice intro, TheDrivingBug! Welcome to the forum.

Which subject do you teach? and which college? I am an MU Engg student.
Hello amolbh,

Thank you for the welcome. I teach in the Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Mumbai.
TheDrivingBug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 21:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to TBHP. Please go through our Announcement and board rule for a smoother journey.
Quote:
MODs: I am not sure if I can give my real name on the forum. If its not allowed, just delete it and to read 'I teach'.
It is entirely up to you. There is no rule for this.
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 21:23   #8

Thank you Rudra Sen. So I am sticking to the original post which gives my name.
Old 13th November 2013, 15:02   #9
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, TDB (The Driving Bug )!
And, congrats on the WagonR purchase. I would be waiting looking forward to an ownership report (not now, as the car's almost new) since I am looking for a replacement of our Alto.

Hope you have a nice time here.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 00:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Welcome to T-BHP, TDB (The Driving Bug )!
And, congrats on the WagonR purchase. I would be waiting looking forward to an ownership report (not now, as the car's almost new) since I am looking for a replacement of our Alto.

Hope you have a nice time here.
Ha ha, Thanks Loud,

I do drive everyday from Borivali in Mumbai to the University of Mumbai- that's 50 kms. to and fro. Will give you an ownership report soon. I did do a 1900 kms. trip to Badami and Hampi in Karnataka, so actually have got a good feel of the car. But still, a few more days of driving in the city will give me a better idea.

Happy driving...
TheDrivingBug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 10:43   #11

Quote:

Wish I could have helped more. Have a great trip and do post, because I am sure I will make the Dandeli trip very soon.
No, this is great - thanks for your inputs. I will definitely post about my experience once I am back!
Old 28th November 2013, 16:44   #12
BHPian

Welcome TheDrivingBug to the team!

Consider yourself very lucky for having made it to this place in 2nd attempt. It took me few years

Have good time around. Do share some of your films work.
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 17:12   #13
BHPian

Hey TheDrivingBug, welcome to the team. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and this post shows it all. I became a member in May 2005, i.e. a good 8 and half year ago but was with the impression that Team-BHP is pro 4 wheeler and I am basically a 2 wheeler buffoon. So I kept away from the forum and got active very recently after getting my Duke 390. I am a Mechanical engineer by qualification and a Marine Surveyor by profession at Goa and I love to ride. Just completed a solo 666 Kms ride on my brand new Duke 390 yesterday and she is just 23 days old yet. so Happy driving and see you around
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks