Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:44   #1
BHPian

New member from Bangalore

Hello, I registered onto this site couple of days back. I had been visited this site few times in last 2 months. I have a read a lot on this site and gained enough from it.

I am from Bangalore and am looking for my first car. I have driven a car before but in US on an auto drive. I have started taking driving classes here. I have not yet got comfortable with the gears and clutches.., but with time I guess, I'll learn it.

I was also waiting on my apartment to get ready before I buy the car. However, the apartment keeps getting delayed by a month. If I buy the car, I'll have to park my outside my rented house. I don't know if its going to be risky. I have placed my bike out a lot many times without any problems.

Browsing through this site, noticed a lot of people recommending Fiat Palio and Fiat Petra. Most of my friends are warning me about the A.S.S and the cost of spares. They all suggest me to go for Santro as its my first car. I doubt if Santro fits in 5 people comfortably.

FORD Fusion with discounts seems good. But again A.S.S and costly spares. I am confused. I am not in a great hurry, so should I wait for the new launch of AVEO-UVA? Is there a new Palio on the way? Are the discounts on FUSION because of a possibility of a new FUSION in a near future?

Anyways, My budget is 4 to 5.5 lakhs. Should seat 5 people comfortably,Monthly usage will be between 750 and 1000 Kms, Peace of Mind and Low maintenance.
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:51   #2
BHPian

New member from Bangalore

Hi. I am from Bangalore and am looking for my first car. I have a read a lot in these forums and learnt a lot.

Currently taking my driving classes and researching on a car. I'll buy a car in a month or two.

As its my first car and as I will be driving mostly in Bangalore, I have come to realise that I should buy a hatchback.

I guess, this is good to get started and then initiate a discussion on 'What car' forum. I am very much confused with all the information and lack of actual driving experience in India. I have driven a car for more than a year in US while on a trip. But it was an automatic drive.

Thank you for all the information that all you guys share and I intend to participate and share my bit.

Aeroman

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd June 2006 at 12:22.
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman
Hi. I am from Bangalore and am looking for my first car. I have a read a lot in these forums and learnt a lot.

Currently taking my driving classes and researching on a car. I'll buy a car in a month or two.

As its my first car and as I will be driving mostly in Bangalore, I have come to realise that I should buy a hatchback.

I guess, this is good to get started and then initiate a discussion on 'What car' forum. I am very much confused with all the information and lack of actual driving experience in India. I have driven a car for more than a year in US while on a trip. But it was an automatic drive.

Thank you for all the information that all you guys share and I intend to participate and share my bit.

Aeroman
Hi, Welcome to the Team BHP. you will have a good time discussing things out here....
Old 26th June 2006, 10:55   #4
BHPian

Hey dude,

i am from b'lore too, i have a ford 1.3, it is a amazing car, can seat 5 people easily, maintenance is not very high and fits into ur budget, not as powerful as the 1.6 but again where is the place to drive fast in B'lore.
Old 26th June 2006, 15:19   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard......

Enjoy the stay here....

Cheers,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks