Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 23:33   #1

Elated !!!!!

hi,

I am P.J. Nayak, aged 49, a pharma post graduate from Manipal in Karnataka, currently heading an ayurvedic formulation manufacturing unit. Team BHP.com was and is my bible as far as the information about automobiles go. Have spent several hours browsing through the contents and always wanted to participate.

Thank you moderators for admitting me.

Presently own a 15 day old Hyundai Verna Fluidic. started of with a moped kinetic Luna in my college days, moved to ind suzuki, RD 350 during college days.

Started on four wheelers with Maruti Omni, subsequently owned Ford Ikon, Chevy Optra petrol, Chevy optra Magnum diesel and now Verna.

Staunch sedan lover. love classical music, books, travelling.

Will be around !!!
pjnayak64 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 08:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Elated !!!!!

Welcome to the forum from a fellow team-bhp newbie and pg pharma graduate from Belgaum. Have found the forum to be very informative and interesting.
autonarr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 10:39   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard P.J.Nayak,

Congrats on your new verna. Wish you many happy miles.

Enjoy your stay here!!!
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 16:59   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the family, PJ Nayakji and have a wonderful time here. Since you have owned a range of vehicles, you can share your experience and post your queries, if any.
To start with, I have something to ask you. How do you feel after moving from Optra Magnum to Fluidic Verna ? Are you fully satisfied ? I too own an Optra Magnum and believe me, IMO its tough to find a replacement for Maggy. So would like to know your perspective since it is just 15 days of ownership and I hope the Magnum experience is still fresh in your memory.

Once again wish you whale of a time here in TBHP and don't forget to go through all the sections in the forum !!!

Last edited by shinuak : 1st December 2013 at 17:02. Reason: Correction
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
How do you feel after moving from Optra Magnum to Fluidic Verna ? Are you fully satisfied ? I too own an Optra Magnum and believe me, IMO its tough to find a replacement for Maggy. So would like to know your perspective since it is just 15 days of ownership and I hope the Magnum experience is still fresh in your memory.
Well, I must say I am sad still to have sold Optra Magnum. Mine was 5.5 years old and in perfect shape barring a little bit of rusting, one comes to expect in coastal areas. The only reason I can attribute to the sale is GMI's withdrawl of the model. In a small town like Udupi it was getting a bit difficult to procure spares, particularly the suspension parts. I had the entire suspension replaced about a year back. I miss the whoomph!! starts, precise steering and the comfy seats. The only negatives in Optra Magnum were poor headlights and a weak AC.

I went thro' a lot of reviews on team BHP and elsewhere on the net, consulted various car owners, test drove most of the options available in the market and finally zeroed in on Verna.

I had a budget of 15 lakhs(on road) to begin, preferred a sedan. Choices were Verna, Fiesta, Linea, Vento, Rapid, Sunny, Scala and SUV?!s like Duster, Terrano and Ecosport.

The negatives in brief for each are
Fiesta- cramped, smallish, expensive to maintain, poor sresale
Linea- poor image, almost no resale
Vento- aged interiors, low on gadgets, poor resale
Rapid- expensive maintenance
Sunny and Scala- I want a driver's car and not a bed room to sleep.
Duster and Terrano- poor interiors, heavy clutch, space
Ecosport-narrow cabin, thick A pillar, Did not get a test drive

That left me with no choice but to opt for Verna. A refined engine, very quiet cabin, good list of gadgets and accessories, good looks.

My test drive experience was not great. Steering was to smooth for my comfort (you know how it is in Optra and Ikon), vague and i lost control over some rough patches of road. Good power delivery, lag is very low in comparison with Optra. Headlights poor again, good to drive in city and bumper to bumper traffic.

Let me drive at least 3000km and I will be back with more.
pjnayak64 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks