Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 07:55   #1

Finally, the dream came true!

Salute to all fellow bhpians from Nik!

It is a great honour to be among the people whom I have been worshiping for years. The Gurus of automotives, the problem solvers and the scientists.

Yes, you heard met, you guys are brilliant scientists. Science is the art of observation, experimentation and inference. You guys have been observing the engines, their long term efficiency, market views, mods and through trying out different techniques and DIY things have mastered the beat of every engine(heart!). You have led the way for a change, for a whole generation; including me. Thank You!

Myself,
I hail from God's own country (so they say), born and brought up in the great Cochin, the name's Nik.

Been loving speed and its after effects since I learnt to ride a cycle. Was not a motorhead until I fell in love with my "Suzuki Supra". I completed my studies in Microbiology and currently working in a hill station called Nelliyampathy, a beautiful place in Kerala, Palakkad.

Garage:-

2007 Mahindra Bolero SPortz (story coming up)
2006 Hyundai Getz
2005 Hero Honda Passion+
1992 Suzuki Supra

I do love the revving engines and the speed but am also hoping for something cleaner (of course with more power!) maybe in the near future. I always had my bro John telling me and educating me about vehicles especially cars and engines and what not have we discussed. But when I needed to clear a doubt, I would Google and there will be at least a couple of posts regarding the same subject in team bhp. So here I am, a tbhpian.

Look forward to expanding my knowledge and sharing my experiences here.

Thanks to Rush Parekh Sir for giving me a boost of confidence in opening the door to-where the revv friendly people hangout!

Cheers mates!

Nik.
NikzBoz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 09:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, the dream came true!

Welcome to the forum

Beautiful write up mate, we're certainly glad to have you.

Look forward to reading your next thread which is hopefully about your Bolero and also life in Nelliyampathy, this un heard of hill station

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 10:48   #3

Welcome on board Nik! Hope to see some lovely stories and experiences from Gods Own Country.

In fact I would be passing through Palakad this new year. May be we can catch up! What say?
richiesubbaiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 11:53   #4
BHPian

Welcome Nikz!.
I am a recent entrant myself and its great to be a part of this community.
My folks are from Thrissur and I will be settling in Kochi in the new year.
It will be great to meet up and exchange notes on motoring and all else.

Cheerio

VK
Old 6th December 2013, 14:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Welcome Nikz!.
I am a recent entrant myself and its great to be a part of this community.
My folks are from Thrissur and I will be settling in Kochi in the new year.
It will be great to meet up and exchange notes on motoring and all else.

Cheerio

VK
Hey alphadog, me in cherai for new year. Any chances of catching up?
richiesubbaiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 18:00   #6

Hi Nik welcome to the club

Even i leave for speed, i owned a Yamaha RD350 2003-2007, later had a major accident in which i was a Co Driver & given it my friend to drive since i was not well, when we were returing from the trip.

The bike was completely crashed & fortunately both of us survied with minor injuries & i ended up with a broken leg. The worst part was i couldn't even say bye to my dear one, since i was on bed rest for 45days & my dad straight away sold it. Later i was adviced not to drive bike, which was a shocking thing ......

Later got into cars

Maruti Esteem 2007-2008
Lancer Sports 2008-2010
Mahindra Scorpio 2010-2013
Ford Ikon 2013-till date

Hope i would get a chance to drive a super bike again , stay in touch for any support take care...
ScorpioRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 19:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiesubbaiah View Post
Hey alphadog, me in cherai for new year. Any chances of catching up?
Hi Richiesubbaiah

It will be great to meet up. My exact plans as to the time I will be in Kochi in the new year is not decided yet, will know better in another couple of weeks.
Will keep in touch.
Cheerio

VK
Old 6th December 2013, 22:36   #8

Hey guys, thank you for replying. Am still trying to figure out how to multi quote in my phone.

Ishaanian, Richie, Alphadog, Scorpiorider- mates I decided that every year I have been celebrating new year in cochin/banglore and for a change this new year will be inside the jungle!

Yes, the story is coming soon of my bolero sportz!

Nelliyampathy is also referred to as "Poorman's Ooty", everyone is welcome here. Search for Nikzboz in fb and you will find me. Let me know if you decide to climb the winding beautiful road to our beloved- "Nelli".

I will reply in a proper way once am infront of a computer.

Sorry to hear about your accident. My Supra was about to be sold and I somehow managed to convince my parents that I will drive only near my house. Speed is fun, but we don't have control over one thing in India- the road!

Be safe brothers!

Take care and I will see you in our Nelli. Pics of mother earth at its best are in my facebook page.

Cheers from,
Nik.
Old 9th December 2013, 15:59   #9

Awaiting your story, i am karthik & will b in thouch. Ensure you have right sets of boots & ensure not to carry too many unwanted things ? which will drain your energy.

Have a safe trip & shall be intouch in FB also.....
ScorpioRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks