Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 14:36   #1

Team-BHP: My AUTOmily

Firstly, I would like to thank the moderators for allowing me to be a part of this automily (automobile family). It’s like a dream come true, after numerous attempts in past three years.

I am Imteeyaz, a 33 year old Mumbaikar. I am currently working with Amar Chitra Katha ( Tinkle comics) , as a manager for digital business. I am born and brought up in Mumbai and love the city for its liveliness. Apart from automobiles, I like going on road trips, playing games on my phone and PC. Real Racing 3 is my current favorite.

Since childhood, I have always been attracted to everything with wheels. As a child, I made my own car out of the serving table with wheels, by attaching used cardboards to it and drove it around the house with pride. My first wheeled vehicle which I rode, was the three-wheeler toy scooter passed on to me from four elder siblings. I had done all possible upgrades to my first vehicle which included wheels, tyres and repainting. As I grew up, my demands for better vehicles increased so my father got me a used mini bicycle. I redesigned and re-painted the bicycle to make it look better. I even tied two small balloons near the spokes of the wheels to make it sound like a motor bike in motion. The bicycle attracted riders 10 years elder to me and they dint mind looking funny riding it. By this time, I realized that I had an inclination towards tough looking cars like SUVs. This was the reason I forced my dad to buy me a Hero Ranger - All terrain bike (my life's first brand new vehicle). When I was in my junior college, I rode my first fuelled vehicle -the Bajaj Sunny Spice (scooter without gears) belonging to my sister-in-law. This was the time, I got my two-wheeler driving license. During graduation, as a hobby, I joined a motor training school. I really enjoyed the driving sessions, although most of the times the car was controlled by the trainer. 2009 was the happiest year of my life when I bought my first car- a used Maruti Zen Vxi (1999 model). It couldn't have been possible without my wife’s support and her backing to make my dream a reality. Since then I have been upgrading to better cars year on year- Zen, Wagon R, SCORPIO and latest Fiat Punto.

I look forward, to interact with each one of you on the forum, and discuss about various automobiles, available on planet earth.
ICarFreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 17:07   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP: My AUTOmily

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICarFreak View Post
Firstly, I would like to thank the moderators for allowing me to be a part of this automily (automobile family)
Thank you for coming onboard.

Quote:
I am currently working with Amar Chitra Katha ( Tinkle comics) , as a manager for digital business.
Would be interesting to hear more about Tinkle's strategy shift from paper -> digital. Have grown up on a healthy (reading) diet of Suppandi, Shambu and gang!

Drive safe.
Old 25th February 2014, 17:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Imteeyaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICarFreak View Post
I am currently working with Amar Chitra Katha ( Tinkle comics)...
A lot of us have spent lots of time reading Tinkle comics, and a friend of mine (aged 31 physically, still about 10 mentally) subscribes to the print copies of Tinkle and gets a kick out of reading it. In some ways, it's become a part of the culture of our generation of people as my buddies and I tease each other by calling each other Suppandi, Shikhari Shambhu et al. My personal favorite is calling one of them Kaalia the Crow. Can't be topped.

Hope you have tons of fun on here, and here's to many happy miles ahead of you!
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 13:12   #4

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

This cant get better, GTO sir has replied on my first post! Sir, I consider you as my GURU in automobile world, please accept me as your 'Sishya'.

I have joined ACK in Nov '13. As a first initiative, the company along with Microsoft launched the ACK Comic App for Windows 8 at Comic Con Mumbai in December 2013. The app is also available for android based tablets now. It offers more than 1000 comics and more are added each month. Currently, we are planing two more digital products based on Tinkle's most famous characters - Suppandi and Shikari Shambu which are set for launch in May 2014.

Hi illiketurtles, thanks, your words made me feel proud to be a part of the company whose product reminds you about the best times of your life. And its really great to know that, you are still having a lot of fun with Tinkle characters.

Now, apart from automobiles I will surely bother both of you for suggestions to make Tinkle better.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th February 2014 at 13:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks