Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 00:43   #1

Hola Amigos!! There is a new BHPian in town

Greetings fellow BHPians!! I am Shashank from Mumbai!
Well, I’ll start off by giving a few details about my Team-BHP Handle!
A few of my friends call me Shanky, so I thought I would keep my handle as Shanky, but unfortunately it wasn’t available. That’s when the iconic car Shelby Cobra came to my mind and I said to myself, my handle should have something in common with such an iconic car and hence, Shanky_Cobra.

Petrol runs through my veins! My mother says even before i was 2 years of age I was able to differentiate among cars like the HM Ambassador, Padmini Premier and Fiat NE118.
Back then I didn’t know what exactly it was, but something about these machines fascinated me.
While growing up, the HM Contessa was one car that I really loved a lot. Even today, the Contessa still has that road presence, those eyeball grabbing and head turning looks. For me, it was just love at first sight and it is indeed my dream car!

I am a 23 year old guy and I have been driving since I was 18.
I drove my dad’s Daewoo Matiz for about a year. It was a fun to drive, zippy little car! Later, my dad got transferred abroad and as the Matiz had done six digit numbers on the odo we started looking out for a worthy replacement. After a lot of research we decided to go for the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, my mother doesn’t drive and as I don’t have any siblings, so the car was all mine!

During the summer of 2013 I wanted to drive from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar for a leisure trip with my family. I had driven to Pune and Alibaug before that, but I had a few childhood memories of the road leading towards Mahabaleshwar having a lot of ghats, deep valleys and rough bus drivers. Being a responsible driver, I started searching the internet for safe highway driving pointers and suggestions. That was the first time when I came on to Team-BHP Forum. I read the thread 'ARTICLE: Safe Driving on Indian Highways & Ghats' and I found it very helpful! Thanks a lot for that GTO.

I wanted to join Team-BHP that very day, but I hadn’t completed my education and I didn’t want my love for automobiles affect my grades. So I decided to focus on my studies and finish it off!
Before my final exams started I got placed in a private sector bank and soon my corporate life began. I wanted to join Team-BHP but couldn’t find time to fill up the entry form properly. I didn’t want to write anything just for the sake of writing it. I wanted to convey my feelings. I wanted the Moderators to know that I was the real deal and I wasn’t here to just pass time. So finally last week I took some time out from my schedule and decided to fill up the entry form.

I had the fear of rejection in my head, but my heart knew I done justice to the questions which were asked. And as luck would have it, my 1st and only application was accepted!
Now, as a member of Team-BHP the next thing i would like to do is to buy the Team-BHP Stickers for my Maruti Suzuki WagonR and the Team-BHP Keychains for my Honda Activa’s keys.
I knew for a long time that Team-BHP Stickers were sold to the public at large, but I didn’t want to give a blank expression to a BHPian driving past waving at me or walking up to talk to me.
Now if anyone walks up to me, I can proudly say, ‘Yes, I am a BHPian and my handle is Shanky_Cobra!’

I apologies in case I provided too much information above, but I feel that all my fellow BHPians should know the real me.
Finally, I want to thank our moderators for considering me worthy enough to be a member on the Team-BHP Forum. I am looking forward to spending some pleasant time with you all.
Shanky_Cobra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 12:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hola Amigos!! There is a new BHPian in town

Great to have you with us, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_Cobra View Post
While growing up, the HM Contessa was one car that I really loved a lot. Even today, the Contessa still has that road presence, those eyeball grabbing and head turning looks.

Quote:
I read the thread 'ARTICLE: Safe Driving on Indian Highways & Ghats' and I found it very helpful!
Glad you found it helpful. Do also go through our other advice articles, there's a ton of invaluable information in there.

Quote:
And as luck would have it, my 1st and only application was accepted!
Some folk find it hard to believe, but there are several applicants that come onboard at the first attempt. All we're looking for are carefully typed notes.

See you around on an interesting thread! Drive safe...
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 21:21   #3

GTO, thanks a lot for the warm welcome!
I will make it a point to visit other informative threads which would help me to become a better and safer driver on our streets.
Yes, i had made sure that my notes were carefully typed and that they conveyed what i actually felt in my heart.
I love F1 and with Malaysian GP just around the corner, that's the thread i am heading towards!
Old 27th March 2014, 22:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when the iconic car Shelby Cobra came to my mind and I said to myself, my handle should have something in common with such an iconic car and hence, Shanky_Cobra.
Great to know mate. This thread link from our forum might be helpful for you. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...a-toy-car.html

Quote:
My mother says even before i was 2 years of age I was able to differentiate among cars like the HM Ambassador, Padmini Premier and Fiat NE118.
You actually "Love Cars and Live Cars"

Quote:
While growing up, the HM Contessa was one car that I really loved a lot.
It's a Classic!

Quote:
And as luck would have it, my 1st and only application was accepted!
Same here my friend. Joined the Tbhp family in June 2013.

Quote:
if anyone walks up to me, I can proudly say, ‘Yes, I am a BHPian and my handle is Shanky_Cobra!’
Once a bhpian always a bhpian!!

Quote:
I am looking forward to spending some pleasant time with you all.
It will be our pleasure to read your views and ideas on the forum's various threads in near future.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 27th March 2014 at 22:57. Reason: Quote tag fixed
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 23:06   #5

ad3952n, thanks for the warm welcome!
You seem to be a big Sheldon Cooper and Big Bang Theory Fan!! I love that sitcom a lot!
Thanks for the link. He is a very lucky kid indeed.
Shanky_Cobra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 01:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings fellow BHPians!! I am Shashank from Mumbai!
Welcome! Nice to come across another F1 enthusiast.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 05:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum buddy!
extremely focused life you seem to be living there Kudos on showing the restraint, I have grinned, flashed my lights and waved at like dozens of cars so far only to find a blank, highly unlikely bhp-ian sitting in the other car staring at me Hope to bump into your posts and perhaps even threads in the future

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 18:11   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Welcome! Nice to come across another F1 enthusiast.
Thanks for the warm welcome Hatari! I have been following F1 for a very long time now. I am a big Scuderia Ferrari Fan.
And i love Schumi too! Its really very sad, what he is going through.
Really hoping he recovers soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I have grinned, flashed my lights and waved at like dozens of cars so far only to find a blank, highly unlikely bhp-ian sitting in the other car staring at me
Cheers!
Thanks a lot IshaanIan! Be rest assured, if you wave or give some sign, you (or any other Bhpian) won't get a blank response from me!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks