Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 00:15   #1

Finally on Team-BHP

Finally been approved by Team BHP is a feeling unprecedented in one's life. It's probably similar to passing the CA exam. People who got through are as clueless about how they got through as the ones who couldn't. After being rejected thrice, finally being approved and being with like minded car lovers is a great feeling. So thank you to the upper echelons and won't let you down knowingly!

I am based in Delhi and Gurgaon running between the twin cities daily. Have been a car, quizzing, food, travel and movie lover for ages. Cars have been a childhood passion and still get emotional about the fact that I lost my 600 matchbox car collection of every car of the 70s onwards models. For the real world, I learnt my driving on a Padmini, moved to the Gypsy & diesel Ambassador both at the same time. There was a M800 also somewhere in between but the memories are still about the Gypsy and the road trips on it. Sat on the spare wheel to see my first tiger in the wild. At the turn of the millennium it was the Zen which everyone just loved in the family.

With the pay checks swelling i bought my first real car, the Santro Xing in 2003. Had to sell it in 2012 to buy the Brio base version. Couldn't look at my Santro when it was taken away, couldn't face my Basanti (her name) as she didn't believe that I could let go her. She had the tantrums and would lose steam when my wife drove her but never any issues for me. Then came a second hand Honda Civic, first gen 2006 model. Very reliable but by then I had grown up fast, wanted bells and whistles while she could only offer a great mind blowing engine mated to an awesome suspension. Nothing else much. Last year, Off she went and then after lot of trials, road tests, acre of web page crawling including this site, last six months, I have been the proud owner of an Arctic Blue Mahindra XuV 500. Done 13k kms so can do an extensive first hand long term review of the beauty beast.

For all who had the patience to read, hope you didn't find your five minutes wasted. Cheers....
mayukhdatta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 01:00   #2
BHPian

re: Finally on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhdatta View Post
Have been a car, quizzing, food, travel and movie lover for ages.

For all who had the patience to read, hope you didn't find your five minutes wasted. Cheers....
Welcome! As you spend time with the team you will realise it is a content family in itself. You will find threads on all that you are interested in!

No, it is not a waste of time reading an introduction. Never.

Welcome again.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 08:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Finally on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhdatta View Post
Finally been approved by Team BHP is a feeling unprecedented in one's life. It's probably similar to passing the CA exam. People who got through are as clueless about how they got through as the ones who couldn't. After being rejected thrice, finally being approved and being with like minded car lovers is a great feeling. So thank you to the upper echelons and won't let you down knowingly!
Hi mate, Agreed from the heart to every word of your paragraph. Appreciate your gesture. Now that you have gained this platform with so much of effort; Do make the most of it and contribute with passion and precision.

Quote:
I learnt my driving on a Padmini, With the pay checks swelling i bought my first real car, the Santro Xing in 2003. Had to sell it in 2012 to buy the Brio base version. Couldn't look at my Santro when it was taken away, couldn't face my Basanti (her name) as she didn't believe that I could let go her.
I too had my driving skills sharpened on 89 model Premier Padmini, the pride of my Paa. It was a pacific blue (done by Pandit and Co.) and we too sold it in 2006 due to spares issue. Till now we repent doing so. It was really tough for me to let her go since my grandparents sat in that car and my entire school-life was spent by using that car. So, it held a special place for me and my paa.

Quote:
For all who had the patience to read, hope you didn't find your five minutes wasted.
Every intro gives interesting insights and we really love to read and get to know our fellow members.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 10th April 2014 at 08:15. Reason: Quote tag fixed
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks