Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 14:24   #1
BHPian

Finally Onboard

Hello everyone

I am Mandhir Singh Bajwa from Rajpura, Punjab. but based in New Delhi since 8 years now. I have been a complete automobile enthusiast from a time when I was a kid and loved every car with a boot. Contessa's, the padmini's and the original Benz. These were the cars I grew up loving. As I grew up, My love of Motorcycles took over the love for cars and I've been a true blue motorcyclist ever since. Have done multiple bike trips basically all around mighty himalayas and Punjab. Favorite place being Chitkul.

Even though I was more into bikes, I always wanted to have a car. when I started earning, I set upon my eyes on Mitsubishi Lancer, the once and in some cases still a favourite car of Punjab. Things never materialized and because of one or the other things, the plan to purchase a car was pushed to next year, then to next year and then to next year and so on.

During these years, My flatmate bought Maruti Suzuki Baleno, 2004 top end model. And Man, I loved the car for it's pure awesomeness. Then another close friend of mine bought 1998 Honda City, And the superb engine, amazing handling and that super slick gearbox took my love from Baleno to City within matter of few drives. And then another friend bought another car, then another friend. With time, almost everyone had cars, except me. The guy who wanted to get a car way before all my friends even thought about it.

So, I said, enough is enough and started saving for a car. Went through a lot of online forums, and after a year bought myself an Azure wonder.

Will post about my current car in my Initial ownership reports thread.

Last but not the least, Thank you everyone at T-Bhp, you guys are wonderful and the forum is best I've come across. Keep up the superb job.
mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 15:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Finally Onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
Hello everyone

I have been a complete automobile enthusiast from a time when I was a kid and loved every car with a boot. Contessa's, the padmini's and the original Benz. These were the cars I grew up loving. As I grew up, My love of Motorcycles took over the love for cars and I've been a true blue motorcyclist ever since. Have done multiple bike trips basically all around mighty himalayas and Punjab.
Mandhir, You have joined the best place to share your automotive love and experiences with all of us. I stay in Noida and really love cars too. I owned a Premier Padmini till July 2006. For me this forum is a extended family and I feel happy to see new additions to it.

As you are from Punjab and a bike lover, I hope you will agree that Punjab and Bullet Motorbike have a strong and a very old relationship. Do share your travelling experiences with us on the travelogue section of the forum.

Quote:
I always wanted to have a car. when I started earning, I set upon my eyes on Mitsubishi Lancer, the once and in some cases still a favourite car of Punjab.
Lancer is one car which can give a run to many of the latest ones if it is in the right hands and kept in good shape.

Quote:
Last but not the least, Thank you everyone at T-Bhp, you guys are wonderful and the forum is best I've come across. Keep up the superb job.
Really appreciate your gesture. Looking forward to your contributions.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 15:46   #3
BHPian

re: Finally Onboard

Thanks for the warm welcome.
And yes Punjab and Bullet Motorbike have a strong and a very old relationship. we have countless songs of it too.

I will soon share my touring experience soon. going for a short spin of approx 600kms this weekend on my optra.

And you're right. Lancer can still give a run to many of the latest ones, but in Delhi, I'm yet to come across a decently maintained Lancer. Punjab is a different scene altogether.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks