Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 20:23   #1

CARS ka Pranaam

CARS ka Pranaam,
My heartiest greetings to all the fellow BHPians. My name is Chauhan Abhay Raj Singh. I am 24 years old. I have recently completed my degree of BALLB(Hons.). I am registered as an Advocate in the High Court of Madhya Pradesh. I am currently preparing for Judicial Services exams.

The description above is my general introduction, which is only about stating facts. Now I would like to introduce my real self to all of you. The abbreviation of my name is CARS and I can say it with pride that I live upto my name (abbreviated one). My father has owned a Mahindra Commander, then a Mahindra DI Jeep, Maruti Gypsy, and a Royal Enfield Bullet. We have recently bought a Honda Brio (December 9, 2013).

My love for cars and bikes developed at an early stage of my life. I could remember that whenever I get a haircut or a vaccination in my childhood days, I will be given a toy jeep as a persuasion to get my consent. My father used to take me to mechanic’s, I would spend hours just seeing people and my father working on the engine and changing spares and all on our jeeps. That was the time I fell in love with cars and engine. I loved engines more than the car, I would stand nearby and my father keeps telling me how a particular part works and what went wrong and how it is going to be repaired. My father is in Police services and mostly posted in tehsils. He used to take me with him on patrols at night. We usually were on our Bullet and I will hold on to him tight and we will go from one farm to another and any place without roads. The saying that Bullet makes its own way and that it goes like a bullet is indeed true to the best of my knowledge.

The time passed and I grew old but not old enough to drive. I was told I would be given the bike and car only if I have earned it. I have used bicycle for commutation till my twelfth class, though I stealthily learnt how to drive when I was in tenth class (that’s another story).
I was given Bullet (my father’s) after I have cleared my entrance exam. I have been driving four wheelers for the past 3-4 years. I have spent a lot of time with my Gypsy and Bullet, its more fun to drive them off road. There has come a new member into our family “Honda Brio”. I have completed almost 5000 kms in it. Having driven Jeep and Gypsy, driving Brio is a whole new experience and I must say a terrific one. It runs as smooth as an electric car (I may be exaggerating a bit).

I wish to own a Maruti Gypsy (preferably an Escapade, if it ever comes into production), a MM 550XD (army auctioned), a Land Rover Evoque (with manual transmission, though they do not provide it in India). The first two targets are achievable in near future (4-5 years), army auctioned jeeps might take some efforts, and the Evoque shall take time (another 15-20 years, I suppose).

I have been following this forum for the last 3-4 years and I have applied for the membership once before. I am allowed a membership this time and I would like to thank (from the very bottom of my heart) the moderators for the same. The forum has immensely helped in getting to know the vehicles better and other related things. I am addicted to this forum. I feel great to be in a community of people who shares the same/similar belief about cars. I finally got to a place where I can pour my heart out.

In the end, I would say I will try my best to maintain the dignity of this forum and would keep the information flowing.
Some love Cars, some live Cars. Thanking you.

Warm Regards,
Abhay Raj Singh Chauhan
abhay18290 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 23:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: CARS ka Pranaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay18290 View Post
My name is Chauhan Abhay Raj Singh. The abbreviation of my name is CARS and I can say it with pride that I live upto my name (abbreviated one).
Very interesting and unique!!

Quote:
My father has owned a Mahindra Commander, then a Mahindra DI Jeep, Maruti Gypsy, and a Royal Enfield Bullet. We have recently bought a Honda Brio (December 9, 2013).
Congrats on owning some classic beauties and the cute little Brio.

Quote:
My father used to take me to mechanic’s, I would spend hours just seeing people and my father working on the engine and changing spares and all on our jeeps. That was the time I fell in love with cars and engine. I loved engines more than the car, I would stand nearby and my father keeps telling me how a particular part works and what went wrong and how it is going to be repaired.
Wonderful indeed. You are lucky to have attained the technical knowledge of "CARS" at such a early age. It will surely help you in this forum.

Quote:
There has come a new member into our family “Honda Brio”. I have completed almost 5000 kms in it. Having driven Jeep and Gypsy, driving Brio is a whole new experience and I must say a terrific one. It runs as smooth as an electric car.
So, We can have a initial ownership report soon from your end. Right?

Quote:
I have been following this forum for the last 3-4 years and I have applied for the membership once before. I am allowed a membership this time and I would like to thank (from the very bottom of my heart) the moderators for the same. The forum has immensely helped in getting to know the vehicles better and other related things. I am addicted to this forum. I feel great to be in a community of people who shares the same/similar belief about cars. I finally got to a place where I can pour my heart out.
The forum is for the car lovers, of the car lovers and by the car lovers!!

Quote:
In the end, I would keep the information flowing.
Looking forward to praise your efforts on this forum.

Ride Safe and Drive Safe!

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 17th April 2014 at 23:44. Reason: info
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 10:02   #3

Re: CARS ka Pranaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
You are lucky to have attained the technical knowledge of cars at such an early age.
Thanks ad3952n but I actually have only the basic knowledge and it is only through TBHP that i could understand the technicalities.

Quote:
So, We can have a initial ownership report soon from your end. Right?
I surely will try to write a report after Brio's second service which is due in June, 2014.

Quote:
The forum is for the car lovers, of the car lovers and by the car lovers!!

It indeed is.

Quote:
Looking forward to praise your efforts on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words but I would rather ask of you people to scrutinize my efforts and correct me whenever I am wrong. That way I shall feel I am praised. There is a lot to learn from you guys.

Regards,
abhay18290
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks