Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2006, 11:36   #1

An Intro and my 1st post

I have been driving, legally , for the last 41 years (so now you folks can guess my age). From the original Vespa scooters in college thru an Army disposal Enfield, duly modified, a Landmaster, Maruti 800, a Zhiguli, then a Beemer 318 coupé, a Sumo, an Omni and finally an Uno Diesel and a Fiat Sienna 1.6 and believe it or not, the latest is a Tata Xeta petrol (for the office run-about and to replace the aging Uno). Phew ! Been thru quite a few and oh, forgot to mention the Fiat 1100D which we also had in between sometime.

The best driving experiences have been the Beemer, the Uno diesel and the Sienna 1.6. All with their very flat torque curves have been/are a real pleasure to drive.

I run a small computer consultancy firm in New Delhi dealing only in Apple computers, iPods, etc. I enjoy working on the Macs.

I have participated in a few Himalayan Car Rallies in the mid 80's and enjoy a live sporting event, am an ardent Tifosi and watch the F1's regularly. I enjoy driving, especially the weekend getaways in the HP & Uttaranchal Himalayas.

Besides anything with a motor and a steering wheel on it, I enjoy all kinds of gadgets.

The car of my choice would be the Ultimate Driving Machine, an M5.

Hope I haven't bored anyone with this loooong Intro.

Last edited by Arun Nath : 12th July 2006 at 11:39.
Old 12th July 2006, 13:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

all the oldies have some serious company!! arun nath sir, you are going to have a whole lotta fun around here, can assure you of that.

manson.
Old 12th July 2006, 14:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Rudra Sir, Rks Sir, Watch out you got a company
Add Ajmat to that list too :-)

Welcome Mr Arun Nath,

A pleasure to have someone senior aboard. A whole lot of different vehicles you have driven. Would love to hear your experiences with them and also that of the Himalalayan car rallies you participated in.

Regards
Old 12th July 2006, 16:55   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

welcome sir,

quite an interesting line up of vehicles youve had. Do post up some pics, espeacially the early vespas and rallies!

cheers
karl
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks